The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Taking off my blindfold

Ethanhoward35

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 7, 2017
Michigan
"that his how life goes, go get a job , and prepare to work you whole life." Oh, the amount of times I have heard this is insane.
Hi my name is Ethan I'm young 18 year old looking to take charge of his life and not let life take charge of me. I'm in the middle of reading Unscripted and my goodness, it is truly eye-opening.
I Hope to finish reading the book and then start taking the leap into the world of entrepreneurship.
I have many things to learn for I have been brainwashed by everybody that I have to go get a good job that makes me work 9-5 , 5 days of the week (MJ DeMarco). I will keep you all updated In the future on how what ideas and opportunities I may have and would love any feedback from the community.
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
At 18 I was working for my grandad at $1.25 per hour cash. 22 years ago. He did also provide an ancient Volkswagen and I was learning a lot.

You may have a lot of failures coming your way - but that's ok, and by learning this stuff 22 years earlier than me, I'm sure you'l lbuild something awesome.

SeePetey

Highly Trained Ape
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 8, 2012
Elsewhere
It's eye-opening indeed. The red pill is like that like, a total kick in the a$$. I'm a bit envious of you discovering it at your age lol.

If I could offer a bit of advice that I've learned the hard way, that would be to learn it, live it, and most of all, stick with it!

TMF is like a damn timeless onion; full of layers that appeal to everyone in different ways at different times. It's probably one of the most unselfish books I've ever read. It can burn a bit though.

After reading TMF years ago, I got all hyped up and broke a bunch of TMF rules when trying to execute what actually was a decent idea. But as TMF pointed out, the best idea won't compensate for piss-poor planning and execution.

After crashing and burning and running up a ton of debt in the process, I lost heart and ran away from the TMF enlightenment.

I never denounced it, in fact I still shared the book with friends and colleagues, but deep down I was ashamed and saw myself clearly reflected in many of the pictures of what wrong looks like that MJ unflinchingly paints in his books and commentary on the Forum. It was incredibly hard to confront my personal failure and move on, and this became a bad habit of it's own. So for a few years, I laid low in my safe slow-lane job, always talking quietly about doing this or starting that, but deep-down being scared of failing again, and so I wasted years of my time.

But, to again use the Matrix analogy, MJ is my personal Morpheus in a way. "Remember. All I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

And just as Morpheus also said, "There is no going back."

I tried running from the discovered truth, but in the end, all it cost me was lost years, money, and opportunities. And so I find myself picking the books up again and plotting a course out of mediocrity.

Haha, and I did not mean to ramble on like that at all, especially not in someone else's introduction thread. But this is what happens to me when I'm online at 0200. But yeah, read and re-read, act, analyze, and repeat. And welcome!

Ethanhoward35

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 7, 2017
Michigan
At 18 I was working for my grandad at $1.25 per hour cash. 22 years ago. He did also provide an ancient Volkswagen and I was learning a lot.

You may have a lot of failures coming your way - but that's ok, and by learning this stuff 22 years earlier than me, I'm sure you'l lbuild something awesome.
thanks for the encouragement! I'm prepared for whatever the pit of the market has to offer. whether success or failure, I will learn. and I'm not sure ill have something awesome, I KNOW ill make something awesome.

Thanks for the advice! I just finished the book and now I'm so eager to just jump into things but I gotta take it step by step and not skip any

Ethanhoward35

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 7, 2017
Michigan
It's eye-opening indeed. The red pill is like that like, a total kick in the a$$. I'm a bit envious of you discovering it at your age lol.

If I could offer a bit of advice that I've learned the hard way, that would be to learn it, live it, and most of all, stick with it!

TMF is like a damn timeless onion; full of layers that appeal to everyone in different ways at different times. It's probably one of the most unselfish books I've ever read. It can burn a bit though.

After reading TMF years ago, I got all hyped up and broke a bunch of TMF rules when trying to execute what actually was a decent idea. But as TMF pointed out, the best idea won't compensate for piss-poor planning and execution.

After crashing and burning and running up a ton of debt in the process, I lost heart and ran away from the TMF enlightenment.

I never denounced it, in fact I still shared the book with friends and colleagues, but deep down I was ashamed and saw myself clearly reflected in many of the pictures of what wrong looks like that MJ unflinchingly paints in his books and commentary on the Forum. It was incredibly hard to confront my personal failure and move on, and this became a bad habit of it's own. So for a few years, I laid low in my safe slow-lane job, always talking quietly about doing this or starting that, but deep-down being scared of failing again, and so I wasted years of my time.

But, to again use the Matrix analogy, MJ is my personal Morpheus in a way. "Remember. All I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

And just as Morpheus also said, "There is no going back."
Thanks for that! I finished unscripted and about to read TMF. I am so eager to leap in but I have to follow a plan and execute it I have a lot of great id

I tried running from the discovered truth, but in the end, all it cost me was lost years, money, and opportunities. And so I find myself picking the books up again and plotting a course out of mediocrity.

Haha, and I did not mean to ramble on like that at all, especially not in someone else's introduction thread. But this is what happens to me when I'm online at 0200. But yeah, read and re-read, act, analyze, and repeat. And welcome!

Thanks for that! I just finished unscripted , and am about to read TMF. I'm excited to start my journey, step by step, and even if I fail ill learn, re-asses where I failed, and try again until I get success, one step at a time.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
"that his how life goes, go get a job , and prepare to work you whole life." Oh, the amount of times I have heard this is insane.
Hi my name is Ethan I'm young 18 year old looking to take charge of his life and not let life take charge of me. I'm in the middle of reading Unscripted and my goodness, it is truly eye-opening.
I Hope to finish reading the book and then start taking the leap into the world of entrepreneurship.
I have many things to learn for I have been brainwashed by everybody that I have to go get a good job that makes me work 9-5 , 5 days of the week (MJ DeMarco). I will keep you all updated In the future on how what ideas and opportunities I may have and would love any feedback from the community.
Thank you

well first of all i want to say you've saved yourself alot of heartache and stress from getting this info at 18, so stay humble and realize not many if any of us did, 2nd, what are you going to do differently now that you have the keys in your hands, i'm going to challenge you to work above what is expected of you, just cus your 18 doesnt mean we have to go easy on you, since your getting that early of a head start make sure your worthy of it

Ethanhoward35

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 7, 2017
Michigan
well first of all i want to say you've saved yourself alot of heartache and stress from getting this info at 18, so stay humble and realize not many if any of us did, 2nd, what are you going to do differently now that you have the keys in your hands, i'm going to challenge you to work above what is expected of you, just cus your 18 doesnt mean we have to go easy on you, since your getting that early of a head start make sure your worthy of it
yes I am extremely grateful to have access to this forum and books and all of these great people that I can learn off of. And what I am doing different is that I am going to listen to the market and find out what peoples needs are, what they are complaining about, and then execute the process. I know its not going to be easy, but I know that. If it was easy the other 99 percent would be doing it. ill tell you one thing I've fallen already to the script in the past with my car, college, and other things. But you know what, I see now and I can make up for them, turn my leased truck into a goal that when my lease is up, I will be able to own IT, and not let IT own me since that how it is at the moment.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
yes I am extremely grateful to have access to this forum and books and all of these great people that I can learn off of. And what I am doing different is that I am going to listen to the market and find out what peoples needs are, what they are complaining about, and then execute the process. I know its not going to be easy, but I know that. If it was easy the other 99 percent would be doing it. ill tell you one thing I've fallen already to the script in the past with my car, college, and other things. But you know what, I see now and I can make up for them, turn my leased truck into a goal that when my lease is up, I will be able to own IT, and not let IT own me since that how it is at the moment.

well i like your thinking now its up to you on execution of it into reality, id like either a message or reply every monday wednesday and friday of how your improving your situation, think of me as your older sister who is offering mentoring, my only rule is you have to follow thru with what you say your going to do

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life

also ninjakid hates me and wants me banned for suggesting someone who is overweight to lose it so if that happens which i dont doubt cus they complain about everything i'll try to come back in a week or 2 to see how things going until then i'll try to help you as much as i can

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Hi @Ethanhoward35 and welcome to the forum. You’ll find a lot of smart and inspirational people around these parts. If you click on someone’s avatar photo, you’ll learn a little about them - where they’re from, how long they’ve been posting here, how much credibility they have, etc. You seem like a smart enough guy to figure out which members are giving out advice you should be following.

Good on you for finding the material at 18. I wish I had done the same. If I could rewind to that point in my life, I’d learn the concepts in the two books discussed here thoroughly, read over the Gold threads, and remember to have some fun along the way while keeping an eye open for opportunity.

All the best on your journey.

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find the book intoxicating. I think I'm going to read it myself. I loved the first book, that led me here. A

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Thank you

The value of getting a job is to get the experience of working and how the adult world is organized. There is NO substitute for boots-on-ground, hands-on experience. The string of jobs I did when I was young set me for being self-employed for these last 41 years. They were my training ground. Work in the field where you're thinking of setting up your first business. If you don't care of IF you get paid, volunteer for something worthy where you can learn some skills. Good luck on your quest.

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Ethan!

The fact your 18 and you have realized you and society is brainwashed just simply amazes me! I can't wait to be reading about your entrepreneurial journey coming up in the future! Learning from all the failures and success!

I want to wish you good luck, and if you ever need someone to talk to. I am always here to help you or the Fastlane Community as a whole!

Take care

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
Thank you

ethan where you been?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.