The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

30-year-old helpless, lazy failure...

bugsybunny

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2016
I've been lurking for over a year...and this is my first thread.

I originally wanted advice on the correct state of mind – specifically on feeling low from not receiving “echoes”. I wanted to hear feedback from others who were in the same situation as I am.

But I never formally introduced myself.

Since I’m a pup among GIANTS, I’ll tell you who I am (ME ME ME) in point form:

- Called artistically ‘talented’ early on, convinced self otherwise
- Disliked idea of a ‘job’
- Tried avoiding it after dropping out of college
- Half-a$$ free lancing & work from home marketing gig
- Side project earning $1,000/mo passive for 2 years (peanuts I know)
- Poor work ethic but good at saving
- Read MFL last October (THANK YOU MJ!)
- Forced myself to full-time construction to learn work ethic (part time prior)
- “Bought” a condo (bank owns it but they let me pretend) to give self a sense of responsibility (and a reason not to quit construction)
- WANTrepreneur motivation fizzled due to 8 weeks straight of 12-16 hour shifts
- Planned on re-reading MFL once work slowed down (caught myself procrastinating)
- Found out MJ released his 2nd book
- Read Unscripted this August (you hear it all the time, but THANK YOU MJ!!!)
- Joined copywriting bandwagon (want to learn selling/marketing)
- Fell in love with copywriting
- Eliminated all distractions
- Putting in 40-to-50 hours/week since Aug (40 hours goes to day job)
- Have 135 pages, and counting, worth of notes
- Reading/writing and finally testing (and failing miserably)…but enjoying the process
- Waves of confidence and helplessness from day to day
- Meticulous and Driven if I want something (despite being a lazy f***)
- Main drives: Give parents better life. Send them on vacation. Buy them gifts without being guilted and reminded not to WASTE money because none of us have it.
- Also wanna take girlfriend on vacation more often. Eat out more often.
- Happy person for the most part but view myself as a failure.
- Lurking this forum over a year, first thread today

Thank you all for posting your journeys and success stories and most importantly, the struggles.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
Knowing that you are immortal and will one day not be in the same physical earthly form should be all it takes to motivate yourself. Focus on what you can do for others and add value into everything you do. Approach everything with a Producer mindset.

Happy person for the most part but view myself as a failure.
As long as you are making progress you cannot fail. You learned copywriting this year which makes you better than last year. Continue improving and take continous daily action. Keep a journal at the end each day and write down your small win for the day.

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
You are obviously not telling us the whole story you sneaky devil!

You snuck in there that you have a girlfriend, so obviously you have a few attractive and characteristic qualities, no?

Dude, I beat myself up all the time for wasting certain parts of my 20's and thinking that I could of done more and have seen others around me who have become successful. Guess what that does for my mindset on a day to day basis???

Absolutely nothing. Except push me farther back!

You need to get your confidence up and give yourself a break my friend. As @Era said, you learned copywriting this year, so does that not give you a new skill that you can apply for many more to come?

MY ONLY SUGGESTION IS TO ...

Keep going dude, keep working hard and do not quit. You have a ton of GIANTS here on this forum and people will help you out. Start making better and more forward thinking posts from here on out.

All the best!

bugsybunny

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2016
You snuck in there that you have a girlfriend, so obviously you have a few attractive and characteristic qualities, no?

Haha I didn't mean to be sneaky...I should've been more specific. I meant failure in the financial department. I was too busy sharpening my social skills.

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend. I wouldn't worry too much about the struggles. It shows you haven't given up like most people. You're just building your story, a story that one day will become worth reading. Keep hustling... be .25% better today than you were yesterday. In 5 years, you won't recognize yourself.

bugsybunny

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2016
Keep hustling... be .25% better today than you were yesterday. In 5 years, you won't recognize yourself.

Your term, “Process Based Model,” is something I keep reminding myself of, often.

It’s like a young kid trying to AGE as fast as possible, so he looks in the mirror every day to make sure he’s aging. But there’s nothing to see.

Until the day he’s not asked to show his ID while buying beer.

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
You're a pup among pups, with one or two giants thrown in.

Actually, that has nothing to do with it because everyone here is trying to get from where they are today to where they want to be tomorrow.

So the pup wants to be better at gnawing ears; the giant wants to improve their bone-grinder. Or something.

Either way, you've done a pretty good job establishing where you are today; what is your change agenda? What has to be different a week from now, and what are you going to do about it?

Pro tip: write it down, do it, check it off; look at what you wrote, repeat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...