The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sabotage: Don't let black & white thinking ruin your success

Anything related to matters of the mind

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
I was doing some inner reflection, and noticed that I was feeling overwhelmed by the Fastlane journey. I hope my inner process can help beginners like me who are feeling similarly.

My inner process went something like this:

"Oh shit. I haven't even sold one product. How will I ever have complete time freedom like the successful entrepreneurs on this forum?"

LOL. Going from "0" to "complete freedom" in a matter of two seconds in my own mind...now there's a great way to make myself feel overwhelmed!

So, I took a step back and recognized my black and white thinking, which was that I was thinking in terms of all or nothing. Then, after becoming aware of my thought process, I was able to replace it with something more useful. Something that will keep myself motivated instead of overwhelmed by the enormity of it all.

Even if I don't have immediate time freedom, wouldn't it still be nice to be able to have one more day of time freedom than I have now? Of course.

If I can make one more day happen, then I can get to work on the second day, and so on. It's a process, like the books state, not an all-at-once event.

I like thinking in terms of very small steps because this is all so new to me. In the books, MJ shares about the magic show he tried to put on as a kid. Even if the event wasn't a "success," his entrepreneurial mind was already in existence and developing. I've been so focused on other things in life until reading The Millionaire Fastlane just a few months ago, that this is all absolutely new to me.

Thinking in terms of "one day of time freedom while adding value to the lives of others is better than zero days!" helps me stay focused and grounded. For me, when I think of it in terms of small steps and "starter goals," it helps me execute the process without feeling overwhelmed.

I'd love to hear from other newbies about what keeps you moving when the end goal seems to be a moon's leap away. It'd also be great to hear from the seasoned veterans-- when you were at ground zero in the process, what helped you continue to execute even when the end goal of gaining time freedom seemed so far away?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Something else just came to me.

Adding value. It also helps to keep the mindset of adding value and improving the the lives of others central. Grasping for time freedom is ego-centric in that it's all about me. But a huge part of this process is learning to think of others and what they need and want. That's where time freedom comes from, after all. Creating something so valuable to other people that they pay you in exchange for that value.

Keeping the mindset of "this is about adding value to the lives of others, and my own time freedom is secondary" is also a great way to stay focused on executing the process and avoid getting overwhelmed by the goal of time freedom being so far out of reach.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Great post.

I love the part where you're emphasising that setting smaller goals and going from there motivates you. I can't recall now, but I know there's scientific evidence that proves that our brains release endorphins each time we hit a goal and become addicted to it. Every time you hit your goal your brain will want more of those lovely endorphins, so you'll basically become addicted to goal reaching, which is awesome.

On the other hand, there're guys like Cardone who advocate 10x rule of multiplying your goals by 10. Its main point is that even if you fail, you'll still be in a better position than aiming for 1x goal. IMO, if you fail to reach your goal, you'll become disappointed and maybe even depressed (happened to me multiple times), which is no good in the long run.

As per adding value... I have only one thing to tell you my friend "Help others and they'll help you".

Best of luck!

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
Ha! I do that all the time, the leap seems insurmountable. There needs to be a term for that valley of the journey between getting the first customer and the fast lane. Valley of the Crawls? Valley of the Shadow of Death? :smile: I might be less bitter if my computer wasn't being an a$$ this week. Actually, it was probably me, but I work alone, so I can't blame the staff. *Looks sideways at cat*

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Great stuff
I'm not a newb, but I'm not a vet either
So there is some black and white thinking right there to change up I guess ;)
I'm just a lightweight, who has basically replaced the slowlane with a better paying job as my own boss, cutting my work time by 80%-90%
And I'm doing a great job at it too :)
I'm proud of myself

But I've got a long way to go, and it has caused me to start thinking
What do I do next? And lucky me, I figured it out, but just looking at it, it freaks me out.
Can I really handle going from slowlane speed to top speed?
It all seems so relentless.
Like you said.

So I think even lightweights like me suffer from that kind of thinking.
And its a real blow to your chances thinking that way.
Gotta not blind yourself, or try to fly up at the sun like icarus on your wax wings.
You gotta focus on your process and demystify all the threats out there coming at you.
If you think in hypotheticals ANYTHING can beat you. Like in dreams, you really can't adapt or react.
But the closer you are to the real thing, the real event, the more you should be able to pick up on exactly what is going to happen, and you need to be confident in your ability to pick up on it and adapt at a moments notice.

Going towards a big goal needs to be seen as a way to liberate yourself from fears that don't serve you, not as a reason to hold onto them, in order to avoid the risk.
Trying and failing takes guts, and even if you don't make it, at least you know you can take a shot.
Right?

raddevon

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 20, 2017
Seattle, WA USA
How will I ever have complete time freedom like the successful entrepreneurs on this forum?
This reminds me of something I read recently. I can't remember if it was Unscripted or another book I read recently (been reading quite a few lately; please forgive me) that said you want to measure yourself against yourself yesterday, not against the most extraordinary example of whatever it is you want to be.

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
It'd also be great to hear from the seasoned veterans-- when you were at ground zero in the process, what helped you continue to execute even when the end goal of gaining time freedom seemed so far away?

Greetings @Blaise84 from rural Australia,

I'm a seasoned veteran. My business is 23 years old.

I started from ground zero. Broke. My partner and I losing everything. Including two businesses. Our home. Cars. Personal possessions. In Australia's '1992 recession we had to have'.

Plus a commitment to pay off the remaining debt. Through a scheme of arrangement. Which took many years.

So I know what it's like to be there.

We had plenty of free time on our hands. That wasn't our problem.

Our aim was to find a way back.

We had a vision. Of sorts. To reinvent ourselves so that we could earn an income. And start getting out of debt. Without succumbing to getting a job.

That was about as detailed as the vision was.

And we embraced the busyness when it arrived. Because it meant we were achieving something.

I'm going to be a mythbuster here.

Successful entrepreneurs don't have days where they have free time. They have a lifestyle. And that lifestyle encompasses their business. They're never divorced from it. Even when they're on 'holiday', they're in constant touch with their business. They live with their phones attached to their business.

I attended Grant Cardone's 10X conference last year. I was one of those who tapped in at the last minute via live stream. I noticed whenever he wasn't speaking, he was checking his phone.

Ditto for Richard Branson. Who I follow. Even when he's kitesurfing with Barack O'Bama. He's only a phone call away from his business. I've read both his autobiographies. And he is never disconnected from Virgin Enterprises.

I recently read about Elon Musk. Two articles. By his two ex-wives. Never. Ever. Is he out of contact with his diverse businesses.

Without being harsh, if you want free time. You might want to opt for getting a job. You get Saturday and Sunday off.

If you want a business that gives you a wonderful lifestyle. But one which you have to be committed to 24/7. Be an entrepreneur.

I live and work from my 54 hectare remote property in rural Australia.

I built a worldwide business from broke. Over many years. It didn't happen overnight.

I have 400,000 customers. In 30 countries around the world.

My lifestyle is the envy of all my friends. And my customers.

But I am never disconnected from my business.

It is a 24/7 commitment.

With breaks.

I'm a member of Peter Voogd's Game Changers Academy. Which is how I heard about @MJ DeMarco. And The Millionaire Fastlane .

I received this email from Peter Voogd this morning.

"Friday is a great indicator to realizing if you're truly living life on your terms, your own way. Those living in their unique ability, and those building their business on their terms don't get excited about Friday or weekends because it's all the same. They don't go by normal days of the week. They work & play whenever and wherever they want. It's a different lifestyle. Which is the outcome and goal."

Being an entrepreneur means you have the lifestyle to call your own shots. But if you don't pay attention to your business, there is no business to support your lifestyle.

Freedom is financial security. But the business cannot survive if you take your eyes off the ball.

Bill & Melinda Gates are full on. All the time. Always connected to their Gates Foundation. Yes. They have a gorgeous home in Seattle, Washington. All the bells and whistles. But one wonders how much time they actually spend in it. Doing nothing.

The Beatles played in dives from 1954. Until 1964. When they became an 'overnight success' on the Ed Sullivan show in America.

Every business is built on small increments. That accue. Over time. Until. The big event occurs. When you're discovered.

Plan to work very hard. For 'X' amount of time. With very little free time.

Until the day comes when you realise you can take an afternoon off.

If you want free time. You'll get it. But it won't be as you envisage. ~Carol❤

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I started from ground zero. Broke. My partner and I losing everything. Including two businesses. Our home. Cars. Personal possessions. In Australia's '1992 recession we had to have'.

Plus a commitment to pay off the remaining debt. Through a scheme of arrangement. Which took many years.

We had a vision. Of sorts. To reinvent ourselves so that we could earn an income. And start getting out of debt. Without succumbing to getting a job.

And we embraced the busyness when it arrived. Because it meant we were achieving something.

Successful entrepreneurs don't have days where they have free time. They have a lifestyle. And that lifestyle encompasses their business. They're never divorced from it. Even when they're on 'holiday', they're in constant touch with their business. They live with their phones attached to their business.

I attended Grant Cardone's 10X conference last year. I was one of those who tapped in at the last minute via live stream. I noticed whenever he wasn't speaking, he was checking his phone.

Ditto for Richard Branson. Who I follow. Even when he's kitesurfing with Barack O'Bama. He's only a phone call away from his business. I've read both his autobiographies. And he is never disconnected from Virgin Enterprises.

I recently read about Elon Musk. Two articles. By his two ex-wives. Never. Ever. Is he out of contact with his diverse businesses.

Without being harsh, if you want free time. You might want to opt for getting a job. You get Saturday and Sunday off.

If you want a business that gives you a wonderful lifestyle. But one which you have to be committed to 24/7. Be an entrepreneur.

I built a worldwide business from broke. Over many years. It didn't happen overnight.

It is a 24/7 commitment.

With breaks.

I'm a member of Peter Voogd's Game Changers Academy. Which is how I heard about @MJ DeMarco. And The Millionaire Fastlane .

"Friday is a great indicator to realizing if you're truly living life on your terms, your own way. Those living in their unique ability, and those building their business on their terms don't get excited about Friday or weekends because it's all the same. They don't go by normal days of the week. They work & play whenever and wherever they want. It's a different lifestyle. Which is the outcome and goal."

Being an entrepreneur means you have the lifestyle to call your own shots. But if you don't pay attention to your business, there is no business to support your lifestyle.

Freedom is financial security. But the business cannot survive if you take your eyes off the ball.

Bill & Melinda Gates are full on. All the time. Always connected to their Gates Foundation. Yes. They have a gorgeous home in Seattle, Washington. All the bells and whistles. But one wonders how much time they actually spend in it. Doing nothing.

The Beatles played in dives from 1954. Until 1964. When they became an 'overnight success' on the Ed Sullivan show in America.

Every business is built on small increments. That accue. Over time. Until. The big event occurs. When you're discovered.

Brilliant. This reminds me of the 4 hour workweek. Although it was overall a fascade for moneychasers, one thing Tim Feriss got right was having 'little honeymoons' and connecting with the biz via phone calls.

I suppose that every Tom, Dick and Harry wants out of working, let alone a business, and want to jump on the passive income bandwagon because they are just tired of working. Tired of putting up with other people's bullshit, competing or struggling.
But I see that it is a wrong avenue. To stop providing value in any way would be to stop living, which is suicide.

I got the notice for my study break for my upcoming exams recently. I checked my mock exam grades and figured out that all I needed to do was brush up on some stuff in my pre-uni studies,and I would have time to keep up with copy gigs, some market research and tune in to an INSIDERS call. My college timetable had been lifted away, so I had time! A bit of freedom, illusionary, but I had time!

It's kind of silly to let time fly away...time that could be used to bring smiles to people, and closure to their problems, even in a business, Fastlane aside.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Great post.

I love the part where you're emphasising that setting smaller goals and going from there motivates you. I can't recall now, but I know there's scientific evidence that proves that our brains release endorphins each time we hit a goal and become addicted to it. Every time you hit your goal your brain will want more of those lovely endorphins, so you'll basically become addicted to goal reaching, which is awesome.

On the other hand, there're guys like Cardone who advocate 10x rule of multiplying your goals by 10. Its main point is that even if you fail, you'll still be in a better position than aiming for 1x goal. IMO, if you fail to reach your goal, you'll become disappointed and maybe even depressed (happened to me multiple times), which is no good in the long run.

As per adding value... I have only one thing to tell you my friend "Help others and they'll help you".

Best of luck!

Thank you.

And I would add here that it's not solely about goals. At this point, much of this is about have a way to stay grounded within how new this is to me. I grew up in a family where we were sidewalkers, not even slowlaners. Actually, a sidewalk is even too generous. With a sidewalk, at least there is a path to follow, albeit slow. The way we were raised was more like forest trekkers. No paths, thick brush, valleys, streams with no crossing for miles, ect.

Anyhow, all of that to make a simple point: This stuff is SO NEW to me. When a concept carries heavy implications, like Fastlane theory, it can take time to process. So, I'm executing and processing these concepts both at the same time, which is what feels overwhelming at times.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Ha! I do that all the time, the leap seems insurmountable. There needs to be a term for that valley of the journey between getting the first customer and the fast lane. Valley of the Crawls? Valley of the Shadow of Death? :smile: I might be less bitter if my computer wasn't being an a$$ this week. Actually, it was probably me, but I work alone, so I can't blame the staff. *Looks sideways at cat*

Lol I can't remember the term, but I know MJ uses one in his book. I think he calls it the desert. It's that looong period where you have a vision and concept, but no market feedback or sales. The period of creating something of value, but it hasn't yet hit the market. It's a challenging time!

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Great stuff
I'm not a newb, but I'm not a vet either
So there is some black and white thinking right there to change up I guess ;)
I'm just a lightweight, who has basically replaced the slowlane with a better paying job as my own boss, cutting my work time by 80%-90%
And I'm doing a great job at it too :)
I'm proud of myself

But I've got a long way to go, and it has caused me to start thinking
What do I do next? And lucky me, I figured it out, but just looking at it, it freaks me out.
Can I really handle going from slowlane speed to top speed?
It all seems so relentless.
Like you said.

So I think even lightweights like me suffer from that kind of thinking.
And its a real blow to your chances thinking that way.
Gotta not blind yourself, or try to fly up at the sun like icarus on your wax wings.
You gotta focus on your process and demystify all the threats out there coming at you.
If you think in hypotheticals ANYTHING can beat you. Like in dreams, you really can't adapt or react.
But the closer you are to the real thing, the real event, the more you should be able to pick up on exactly what is going to happen, and you need to be confident in your ability to pick up on it and adapt at a moments notice.

Going towards a big goal needs to be seen as a way to liberate yourself from fears that don't serve you, not as a reason to hold onto them, in order to avoid the risk.
Trying and failing takes guts, and even if you don't make it, at least you know you can take a shot.
Right?

Really good stuff. Thanks for the post. Motivating.

Looking back, what was your mindset when you made the decision to change your work situation, but before you had reached a level of success? (like cutting your work hours by 80%)

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
This reminds me of something I read recently. I can't remember if it was Unscripted or another book I read recently (been reading quite a few lately; please forgive me) that said you want to measure yourself against yourself yesterday, not against the most extraordinary example of whatever it is you want to be.

This is helpful. I think measuring against extraordinary examples can lead to an initial decision to make a change. However, always measuring against an extraordinary example may not sustain motivation. However, measuring against yourself yesterday is a great way to create sustained motivation. Thanks!

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio

It is a 24/7 commitment.

With breaks.

Thank you, Carol! Lol. Honestly, I feel like a newborn calf among adults. The adults can run, they're agile, strong, and have no trouble staying upright. The newborn, however, has skinny, wobbly legs that barely hold it up. Lots of falling down.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Thank you, Carol! Lol. Honestly, I feel like a newborn calf among adults. The adults can run, they're agile, strong, and have no trouble staying upright. The newborn, however, has skinny, wobbly legs that barely hold it up. Lots of falling down.

in this world, even "adults" are just pawns in a bigger game without even knowing about it.

yes, this world is black white thinking and this is the way to have success in this game.

there is you

and there is the world

the world is not here to help you. politicians are not here to help you. customers are not here to help you.

even the odds are not here to help you. guys like MJ DeMarco are just rare cases among millions of guys.

" i have done it so do it too now , come on"

but the game is more tricky that you think.

who knows what can happen in a few moves

chess.jpg

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia

What a fabulous response, @Blaise84! You'll have no problems getting from A to B to Z.

Brendon Burchard is a wonderful person to follow regarding how mentally tough you need to be, to be an entrepreneur.

He teaches that the struggle and grind is only over when you decide you're happy at a plateau. And don't want to rise any further.

But every time you want to reach a new level, it starts all over again.

When I read Richard Branson's first autobiography, I was mentally exhausted reading about all the trauma in his life getting Virgin Enterprises established. Fights with banks. With people who didn't believe in him. A trip interrupted because, unexpectedly, the banks were ready to foreclose. It's all there.

And now he's into another struggle. Getting Necker Island up and running again. Not only as his home. But it's also a business that pays for his lifestyle.

My partner and I have a guest house on our rural property. And I was interested in how you book a stay at Necker Island. And was astonished that at $60,000 per night for the whole island. It was booked solid for 12 months. How much of that revenue did he have to give back? Or renegotiate other dates?

The struggle and the grind and the attention to your business never wane when you're an entrepreneur. But you do call the shots. And you can call it quits at any time.

Your sense of humour is delightful, Blaise. It will take you to many destinations. I hope we stay in touch. If I can ever help you, please let me know. ~Carol❤

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio
What a fabulous response, @Blaise84! You'll have no problems getting from A to B to Z.

Brendon Burchard is a wonderful person to follow regarding how mentally tough you need to be, to be an entrepreneur.

He teaches that the struggle and grind is only over when you decide you're happy at a plateau. And don't want to rise any further.

But every time you want to reach a new level, it starts all over again.

When I read Richard Branson's first autobiography, I was mentally exhausted reading about all the trauma in his life getting Virgin Enterprises established. Fights with banks. With people who didn't believe in him. A trip interrupted because, unexpectedly, the banks were ready to foreclose. It's all there.

And now he's into another struggle. Getting Necker Island up and running again. Not only as his home. But it's also a business that pays for his lifestyle.

My partner and I have a guest house on our rural property. And I was interested in how you book a stay at Necker Island. And was astonished that at $60,000 per night for the whole island. It was booked solid for 12 months. How much of that revenue did he have to give back? Or renegotiate other dates?

The struggle and the grind and the attention to your business never wane when you're an entrepreneur. But you do call the shots. And you can call it quits at any time.

Your sense of humour is delightful, Blaise. It will take you to many destinations. I hope we stay in touch. If I can ever help you, please let me know. ~Carol❤

@Carol Jones
You're a woman after my own heart! I really appreciate you offering to help. It's like, one moment I feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the journey. The next moment, seasoned veterans are offering their aid. What a beautiful thing.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Really good stuff. Thanks for the post. Motivating.

Looking back, what was your mindset when you made the decision to change your work situation, but before you had reached a level of success? (like cutting your work hours by 80%)
My case is a weird one
I had to support my dads biz as a teen in highschool
He was depressed and needed me to keep it alive

I did that, and tried to study for college/university, and also while training for my blackbelt
So I was really over tasked but had high spirits
That brought about a trance like working state and eventually I saw what actions were leading nowhere and started cutting down on them
Eventually I saw school as a huge time waste and just walked out

That was such an unscripted move, that it actually really affected me
A whole lot of fear came after it
And in struggling to find a life raft, I guess I got no support from my dad who basically told me my talents at everything I'd done in life were pure luck
I was furious at that... I still resent him for saying it.

It wasn't luck at all... he was just jealous of other people, and how their path in life is different from what he percieves his own is.
He put that burden on me... some kid... like a scumbag. Which totally put me off balance and forced me to be more reclusive and guarded. I tried to find my own way.

I eventually left my home country and my job, and lived off my savings a while, until they got low, and then I started learning how to be an entreprenuer. I struggled to keep my head above water, hit lows... real bad lows, like eating glass. Facing the fear of shame, humiliation, and total poverty. But I was in a cheap enough country so I got through it by the skin of my teeth. As a result lost all need for extravagence or for money spending, or money chasing, or being poor. Tbh if faced with the same troubles, it wouldnt bother me all that much, I took it too personally at the time, now I know that money is COLD, it says nothing about you, all that stuff is just in your head.

I became strong somehow from defeating those fears and it led me to be a much better salesman because I never ASK people for money I actually empathise with them for being concerned about their own. I don't ever fleece people. So people truly think about if a thing is a good fit or not and I help encourage them to buy something they'll feel good about.
After that, I could work 20% the time and make a good slowlane living.

Btw the reason I made no money during that period was psychological
I raised my standards in order to foster my willpower and spirit.
So only did work that was fast and efficient on my time.
So I'd cut out all slowlane pace money from my option pool.

So by surviving, I naturally gained competancy in faster paced things.
It was not adviseable...
It was truly staring into the abyss

There was a memorable turning point
I had spent three months just eating noodles
And was facing another month of noodles
And if I had to do another month of it I would have snapped
But a guy I work with we had an arguement over him being weird with pay, and being too finicky with a deadline by oneday, when his pipeline delayed it five days on his side. He didn't agree I was right, but by my confronting him, he crossed a line I'd never gotten anyone to cross before, from stubborn to "ok", and once he did he realised there was other backpay he missed also.
I ate like a poor guy for the last time, and splurged on food that month. We called each otherup after and I appologised and we worked it out and are good friends. I respect that he budged.

Anyways, now I'm fat cuz of all the eating haha. Glorious chubbiness! I don't regret it. I'm getting fit now, so its all good.
It was an ordeal, but I am SO MUCH LUCKIER THAN MOST. I got through it without immigration issues or family stuff or lack of skills to monetise or debt.

Mine was just psychological.
But I overcame it, like a cat falling from a height.
If you have to deal with debt etc... Omfg.

I survived though, now am a fully aware entreprenuer, looking up high, with my chin up.
I'm really proud of myself and my friends who stuck by me.
And I'm motivated to greater heights to repay them all for their faith in me as a man.

But yeah, my path was a long, low, swooping one that took around a decade or more. Cuz intially I broke from the script but was then saddled with that psychological threat, and couldn't get out of the fight for a long time.
It reminds me of the chicken vs peter griffin fights on family guy.
It went on and on, until I won, but I limped off. Lmao.

Ha but I'm good now. I chuckle about it.
Every person has to cope in their own way, and a long swooping path near the abyss was mine. Cuz I'm an idiot :p
My goal is billionaire like Elon musk though
So I think I did it subconsciously to test my true strength against fear.
Dunno if I still wanna be a billionaire, I'm just gonna go with the flow and do my best enjoying life along the way.
Biz is a part of me now, I aim to conquer it cuz the script is an a-hole and cuz the mountain is there. And it is what strength is, to face things you feel you didnt have the ability to face.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.