The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Passive Income Robot - Death of Gurus

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I was one of them years ago. My first year studing coaching (real coaching with some coaching legends, btw) was also a year looking for ways to share it and monetize it. Always sorrounded by people trying to do the same. After meet a lot of people working on it who was really, really lost (80% I could say), I give up. I stopped enjoying it, because I saw that most people who thrived in that business were really incongruous with what they taught.

My experience was similar in many ways. You get around coaches and quickly realize a lot of people are full of sh*t. Even though they were easily some of my highest paying clients, I felt burned out with the stupid crap they sold.

My time was mainly spent around female coaches. Male coaches pitch the same crap, but like to add PUA tactics, so I didn't work with them much. In the female market it's more about emotion and make-me-gag slogans.

• It's time to live your truth
• Be uniquely you
• Align with your inner purpose
• Step into the woman you know you are
• From passion to profits <--- an actual slogan of the coach I refunded $6k in copywriting after realizing how full of sh*t she was.

gag gag gag gag gag gag gag gag gag

To be clear, I don't have any qualms with female empowerment. But the way it's being packaged and sold is insane.
What's more insane is people actually buy it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
With my course to get writing clients + my free material, the feedback I get is they appreciate how "real" I am.

I talk about all my failures. Heck, failures I'm experiencing right now. How I struggle balancing my family life at times. Or, sometimes as a writer, since it's very "manual" work, you feel overwhelmed at time.

It probably cost me sales that my promo letter wasn't me on a beach pretending to write living the "writer's life". Being a writer, working for yourself is hard, and I tell everyone that. I work more than I did at a job. But, I love what I do and look forward to waking up on Monday.

I've obviously gotten emails from people saying: "Oh, if writing is so lucrative, why are you selling a course about it?" I always respond,

"Look, I'm not trying to make my course into some $10M business and become an info-guru. My dream is to actually be a screenwriter. But, I get mobbed from people all the time on 'how did you quit your job to write', so I felt making a course made the most sense. One, to help others, and they will only take action if they pay...two, I value myself enough to get paid for the years of work and lack of sleep I put in."

I've had people I knew in high school and college send me random messages on FB/Linkedin asking: "Hey joe, I'm really interested in how you got to work for yourself. Can you show me?"

Am I a jerk for not spending everyday helping people for free? I show people the "right" way to spend their time looking for writing clients, because I spent years doing the "wrong" things.

----------
If anyone calls me a "coach" ever...I'll vomit. I agree with Sinister, most are full of $%& who fill up their posts with memes and motivational quotes. Those have a place, but that's not the path to success.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Am I a jerk for not spending everyday helping people for free? I show people the "right" way to spend their time looking for writing clients, because I spent years doing the "wrong" things.

Sometimes I struggle with that dilemma. 10,000 people thank you for the free value. Tell you how it made them money or changed their lives. Then you offer more value, add a price tag, and they ghost.

Guess it was only valuable when it was free.

The other day I shared free custom-tailored value in a PM. They thanked me, then asked for more. Follows my "If you give a mouse a cookie.." video logic.

I said maybe this will help you make money and when you can afford it you might become my customer later on. The response was I should write a book about it.

Why a book?

Because they instantly calculated how THEY might get ALL of my value while investing the LOWEST possible amount (they know my regular prices 'around $3k' and they also know of the upcoming subscription model at around $9.99/mo).

^^^ This is the other half of what I hate about the coaching industry. On one side you've got a million full of shit gurus. On the other side you've got a million leeches sucking your blood.

Both sides forget the part about connection. Neither cares about the other. The balance in between is the Garden of Eden where both sides share value and both reap rewards.

But again, not everyone is out to fool the world or suck your blood, and I still don't have a solution for the imbalance yet. Just observations for now. Working on it, though..

Last edited:

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
Sometimes I struggle with that dilemma. 10,000 people thank you for the free value. Tell you how it made them money or changed their lives. Then you offer more value, add a price tag, and they ghost.

Guess it was only valuable when it was free.

The other day I shared free custom-tailored value in a PM. They thanked me, then asked for more. Follows my "If you give a mouse a cookie.." video logic.

I said maybe this will help you make money and when you can afford it you might become my customer later on. The response was I should write a book about it.

Why a book?

Because they instantly calculated how THEY might get ALL of my value while investing the LOWEST possible amount (they know my regular prices 'around $3k' and they also know of the upcoming subscription model at around $9.99/mo).

^^^ This is the other half of what I hate about the coaching industry. On one side you've got a million full of shit gurus. On the other side you've got a million leeches sucking your blood.

Both sides forget the part about connection. Neither cares about the other. The balance in between is the Garden of Eden where both sides share value and both reap rewards.

But again, not everyone is out to fool the world or suck your blood, and I still don't have a solution for the imbalance yet. Just observations for now. Working on it, though..

I think this is the norm for anyone who gives away info. You know that 95% of people will only consume your free stuff and never pay a dime. I've read Ramit Sethi's stuff for 6 years and have never paid him for anything (well, I did buy his $7 book, but that's it).

I converted about 10% of my free subscribers into a $7 book...but less than half a percent into a premium course. I'll probably test a different pricing structure to see if it's a "cost" thing or a "value" thing.

Your experience is what I went through and hence built my site because now I just shoot people a link rather than draw up personalized advice. I leave that to people who actually invest.

Again, not to be a jerk to the person...but, I need to value my time too (and I have clients and a pregnant wife!)

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
I've seen people introduce themselves to Facebook groups as coaches helping people align their internal spiritual (or cosmic?) energies with their careers etc etc (I can't remember any specific titles as they don't seem to stick in my brain).

Maybe there's a market, maybe not. I suspect it's as @SinisterLex says and it's the lost leading the lost.

There's a market. A friend from high school does this. It's all about "unlocking your spiritual goddess and abundance and blah blah blah."

She makes at least 300k a year.

What blows me away with these "coaches" is that there's absolutely no way to measure success. "Oh, I felt like my chakras are aligned with my soul purpose. Cool!"

carlos_

Not at the table Carlos
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
464%
Aug 18, 2017
Orange County, CA
I converted about 10% of my free subscribers into a $7 book...but less than half a percent into a premium course. I'll probably test a different pricing structure to see if it's a "cost" thing or a "value" thing.

This reminds me of a key takeaway from the Lean Startup.

Part of the point of a startup is to experiment with the business model to see if you can learn enough about the market, their needs, etc and create a solution that will sustain the business.

If you're setting up your experiments the right way, you will always gain valuable knowledge, even if you don't hit an imagined target

The thing I like about your experience, is that you now have knowledge about the question "Will people buy my product?" (yes, even if not as many as you thought) - and going forward you can set up your next experiment just like you said.

1. Test why the other people didn't buy, or -

2. test why your customers did buy.
Maybe there's something about them that sets them apart from the rest of your audience.

Maybe they were caught in your funnel more or less by luck and you were originally looking in the wrong place for your customers

Whatever the case, you have a roadmap with a few options for action and you know each of them will give you valuable answers

- that's a pretty great place to be

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
It does seem like coaches spend all their time marketing. And yes, MJ, they absolutely do sell programs to teach others to be coaches. It's a gigantic Ponzi-like scheme. I have often thought I could and I absolutely possess the ability to be a "coach", the problem is, I would be a big faker.

I am highly skeptical of the entire industry and honestly, the best info I've found is right here and in a few good books like The Law of Success. The only thing that makes a coach truly a coach and truly successful is if they are actually helping someone take action (and not action to build a coaching business!). Most people don't need a coach, they need to take action.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
I think this is the norm for anyone who gives away info. You know that 95% of people will only consume your free stuff and never pay a dime. I've read Ramit Sethi's stuff for 6 years and have never paid him for anything (well, I did buy his $7 book, but that's it).

Your experience is what I went through and hence built my site because now I just shoot people a link rather than draw up personalized advice. I leave that to people who actually invest.

Again, not to be a jerk to the person...but, I need to value my time too (and I have clients and a pregnant wife!)
Well, a conversion funnel is usually called "funnel" because of this. 10% maybe is a good number.

But ..
- if you work to increase your traffic by 10% and
- you work to increase your subscribers conversion rate by another 10% and
- you work to increase that part of the funnel in which you sell your ebook up to 11% (a 10% increase) and
- you increase your ebook price to 9$ (in several price studies I saw that there was almost no difference in conversion between 7 and 9, but you must to test) and
- you work to gain another 5% increase with your premium course...

I can't figure out the numbers right now, but small increases in every part of the funnel can translate to a big increase in your results. Easy said than done, but is possible if you focus your efforts first in the most rewarding step of the funnel.

Maybe interviewing your customers to know if is, as you said, a matter of value provided or price. But I think that is better not to ask about the price directly but about the ROI they see in your product and what more need from it to value much more.

Maybe I've gone a bit off topic.

The theory behind give value for free or at low cost (like with a book) is that you create authority. Is a basic strategy a lot of "coaches" are using, repacking crap to position themselves as experts. Experts and not leaders, as Andy posts before.

I think a book is worth be written when you have a lot of experience in your topic in ways that people can't figure out for themselves. That's a new look to the topic and not a repacking. That's great value and not looking for authority.

.... But that brings real authority to you.

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I struggle with the same issues @Joe Cassandra and @SinisterLex.

I despise guru-ness. I despise all the smoke and mirrors and clever copy designed to turn budding producers into someone else's consumer.

It's a bit of a conundrum I've not quite solved in my own head. Until I do I have my brakes on.

Also, I echo your experiences. I've posted countless free help about certain topics. When I finally created a course (after being asked repeatedly) someone even commented in my marketplace ad that they were disappointed (presumably for charging). I deleted that comment but would have loved to have gone toe to toe.

Some people don't value their time so don't value a course that shortcuts years of learning.

I'll figure it out. There are people out there who I'm not serving. Helping them is what keeps me going, and pushing through my distaste of a lot of the IM cr@p out there...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
SMH...

upload_2017-10-8_22-10-59.png

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali

lol, I can't believe that is actually real.

Wonderful example Andy, wonderful.

The real hardcore basics of business (add real value, demonstrate this value to your market, get paid) seems to elude so many trying to walk the entrepreneurial path.

The continuous attempts to defy the the laws of business in order to pursue easy coin, will never stop...

I am always thinking, OK, soon everyone will realise how to create a great business... it's simple! (but hard)... but no, it seems to be deep within our human-ness, we always seek the easy way (even when deep down we know better).

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

lol! What?! ugh.......

For anyone reading, be careful not to click those links.

Even if you want to see just how terrible their programs or website are, don't do it.

Why?

You'll get spammed from now until oblivion with vomit-inducing Facebook ads.

Took me FOREVER to get control of it.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I want to reply to her, but don't know how to do it without making her feel bad. Or maybe she'll ignore me anyway.

I've already clicked to see the course. She's created 36 hours of material, bless her. One whole chapter is How to Build an Audience.

Ok, this is what I replied with. (Maybe she'll miss the irony. I'm genuinely trying to help, and hope she never sees this thread.):

Have you an audience or following already?

Who would this course help?

What problem(s) are you helping them with?

Where are they hanging out?

What products/services are they already buying that indicate they are trying to solve the problem you can help them with?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

What's that compare to cold traffic? That's really the key there. If cold traffic converts better than your subs then that means you created a list of people who don't give a F*ck about that offer.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
So pay me $10K in coaching fees and I'll teach you how to be a coach selling $10K seminars? Is this seriously happening or just a metaphor?
Unfortunately, yes, this is happening. Around the same time I came across TMF , I met a good friend of mine who has been into these amazing coaching ideals. She spent possibly about $50 000 in these coaching programmes, what's the difference from one to the other? Possibly the words, which may be reassembled to say basically the same thing. Funny enough, she is actually good with sales, but, thinking about it now, her issue comes where she's excellent at selling someone else's product/service, but not self-confident in selling her own. When I explained some of the principles of TMF with her, she shut it down, why? Possibly because it was too much of a process compared to the quick fix she was seeking via the coaching programmes which spoke to her.

This post is a breath of Fresh Air. While I get the absolute importance of Algorithms, mastering FB, Google Ads, LinkedIn and all these online items, it feels good to overstand the importance of good-ole-fashion connectivity with our audiences and even if that is by using these platforms, it's simply cool to connect with them for the genuine sake of everyone getting ahead - together.

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
What's that compare to cold traffic? That's really the key there. If cold traffic converts better than your subs then that means you created a list of people who don't give a F*ck about that offer.

The 10% was from cold traffic. As in FB AD --> FREE OPTIN --> SEND TO $7 UPSELL --> 10% CONVERSION

The course was $997...so it's not really comparing apples to oranges. In my experience working with clients, your tripwire offer should hit around 6-8%. Your full-blown offer will be less than that.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unfortunately, yes, this is happening. Around the same time I came across TMF , I met a good friend of mine who has been into these amazing coaching ideals. She spent possibly about $50 000 in these coaching programmes, what's the difference from one to the other? Possibly the words, which may be reassembled to say basically the same thing. Funny enough, she is actually good with sales, but, thinking about it now, her issue comes where she's excellent at selling someone else's product/service, but not self-confident in selling her own. When I explained some of the principles of TMF with her, she shut it down, why? Possibly because it was too much of a process compared to the quick fix she was seeking via the coaching programmes which spoke to her.

This post is a breath of Fresh Air. While I get the absolute importance of Algorithms, mastering FB, Google Ads, LinkedIn and all these online items, it feels good to overstand the importance of good-ole-fashion connectivity with our audiences and even if that is by using these platforms, it's simply cool to connect with them for the genuine sake of everyone getting ahead - together.
That sounds like she has a hobby. She collects coaching programmes. She enjoys them. Same as someone might enjoy going on expensive photography courses at beautiful locations around the world.

Nothing wrong with that I guess - unless she's trying to start a business.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
You are surprised that it can sell like hotcakes, but we know that it is bullshit 90% of the time, but people are totally lost and looking for the job/thing that will make them win millions, they don't know what to do because one dude is selling Amazon FBA, the other one Trading Courses with fake results, so then they buy without even looking at the reviews as they are lost and think this is what will make them happy and rich.

I was that guy btw, telling myself "f*ck there must be a way to make huge money...i'll learn trading or Amazon FBA..." the truth is that both of these are extremely instable and not controlable.

Now my visions as changed and i'm working on many projects while focusing on one/two maximum (clothing brand / Coffee Beans - Capsules business)

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
I'm actually working on a coaching course in the fitness space (I'm a certified personal trainer) - the basis for the webinars / courses is "90% of the stuff you teach is taught the same to different people, only 10% is really personalized" - this is true with my personal training. I'm teaching the same stuff, but it's not at scale. The webinars are highly converting, and the online coaching makes it a scalable model.

I think it really depends on what you're selling - I see all the coaching bullshit programs and most of the 'make 6 figures online by following my program' are a scam (IMO) but if you're selling something that's actually valuable, the webinar/coaching program style makes it scalable.

dgr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Feb 20, 2016
Spain
SMH...
upload_2017-10-8_22-10-59-png.16609
OMG, you made my day :D

I want to reply to her, but don't know how to do it without making her feel bad. Or maybe she'll ignore me anyway.

I've already clicked to see the course. She's created 36 hours of material, bless her. One whole chapter is How to Build an Audience.
This is very nice of you. Responding with value in spite of the irony instead of reacting and trying to shutdown her.

Funny enough, she is actually good with sales, but, thinking about it now, her issue comes where she's excellent at selling someone else's product/service, but not self-confident in selling her own.
Ugh, I know that feeling. But if she doesn't start to overcome it, looking for new courses can become an addiction instead of a hobbie :/ Always looking for something outside that solves her "problem" because the pain of that is less than the work of looking inside...

I see all the coaching bullshit programs and most of the 'make 6 figures online by following my program' are a scam (IMO) but if you're selling something that's actually valuable, the webinar/coaching program style makes it scalable.
That's it. All techniques are ways to deliver value. The problem is when value is non-existent.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't have answers (beyond my own processes). Just noting an observation that might prove invaluable for your business very soon. There's the way business was done in the past, and the way it will be done tomorrow. What does that mean for you, how will you connect, and how will you survive? Something worth considering as our species marches on.

Thoughts?
I notice this myself. Fortunately, I think you really have to be authentic and genuine. What I run into a lot is people also get stuck on the Academia, the belief system, theories. My thing is getting back to the basics. What are the social issues. What is already being used in the systems. I think people are stuck online mirroring one another, but frankly when I look back to my degree, dealing with certain populations, they're not even touching "Real Issues" offline people are facing. I've been studying them for a few years, and they're stuck on "Me". What can I get out of it? Which correlates to what you just stated. That's all I see mostly is people talking about how to "Me" get "Rich". I'll give you more advice on "Me". This than becomes more about detachment vs. attachment or connecting. Yet, you will here, "We are all one and connected." Not really, I think there may be an illusion there. And any good group will be like this one which monitors who they allow in the community. Often, I see there are no rules, no regulations, no structure, no respect, no boundaries, no value in communities. The one's I see are basically deceiving and people see through it.
I think really, you just have to find out for yourself, because following any method really doesn't guarantee any result. The one's I see succeed are not following the others. They're trying to stand out, be creative, and have their own way of selling themselves. The others get blended in. I don't even like watching or reading anything much anymore, because it's just repetitive. But I can see where they're not touching "Real Life" in many areas.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I notice this myself. Fortunately, I think you really have to be authentic and genuine. What I run into a lot is people also get stuck on the Academia, the belief system, theories. My thing is getting back to the basics. What are the social issues. What is already being used in the systems. I think people are stuck online mirroring one another, but frankly when I look back to my degree, dealing with certain populations, they're not even touching "Real Issues" offline people are facing. I've been studying them for a few years, and they're stuck on "Me". What can I get out of it? Which correlates to what you just stated. That's all I see mostly is people talking about how to "Me" get "Rich". I'll give you more advice on "Me". This than becomes more about detachment vs. attachment or connecting. Yet, you will here, "We are all one and connected." Not really, I think there may be an illusion there. And any good group will be like this one which monitors who they allow in the community. Often, I see there are no rules, no regulations, no structure, no respect, no boundaries, no value in communities. The one's I see are basically deceiving and people see through it.
I think really, you just have to find out for yourself, because following any method really doesn't guarantee any result. The one's I see succeed are not following the others. They're trying to stand out, be creative, and have their own way of selling themselves. The others get blended in. I don't even like watching or reading anything much anymore, because it's just repetitive. But I can see where they're not touching "Real Life" in many areas.

Great points, especially on the "Real Life" issues. Do you have anything specific in mind regarding social issues? I think I know, but don't want to presume to be that connected haha.

I ended up unfollowing around 75% of people on Facebook because I was getting bombarded with guru ads. Left a bunch of groups too.

Check this out, one of the better groups I'm in, a member posted that she had to leave another group. She'd been making value posts with no promos or links. The group owner asked her to leave because she was about to launch a course and was worried the value the other was putting out for free might devalue her course!

@Andy Black will probably have this problem some day. :D

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

This is spot on. Especially the part about "access" I think.

People see through the nonsense for the most part, and I feel like all the marketing might have done some real damage for those who are authentic or sincere.

I opened a local Facebook group recently to help people who were trying to find jobs get started with freelance. Posted a fairly comprehensive free 6 lesson video course on how to get started. Absolutely nothing for sale on the website.

Around 15 people joined the group though it was shared in value posts to around 150,000. Of those 15 people, none watched the free videos. No skin off my back, but it was kind of sad.

Anyway, I want to learn other's thoughts on the movie below.

It didn't get great reviews but I think it taps into some deeper social issues the world will soon face regarding access.

Would love to hear what people think about this if anyone watches / has watched the movie.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check this out, one of the better groups I'm in, a member posted that she had to leave another group. She'd been making value posts with no promos or links. The group owner asked her to leave because she was about to launch a course and was worried the value the other was putting out for free might devalue her course!

@Andy Black will probably have this problem some day. :D
Yep. There's a few AdWords groups I'm in where I no longer say much. I could see it going that way.

Someone had an interesting answer when I asked why they even bothered with a group, and it was so they could post what they like without fear of being banned.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I had someone come on my group with "psychic ability" coaching.

I asked them if they felt like they would get banned. They said no. I banned them.

:shit:
lmao! :rofl:

They knew it was coming

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Would love to hear what people think about this if anyone watches / has watched the movie.
This is actually quite interesting. I was just thinking about this myself. Revealing all knowledge makes everything out in the open. And while it's great, in my personal experience, the feeling of it having a lot of knowledge, is that it simply is expanding the mind, the genius, understanding one's self physically (biological, mental process, emotional process, expanding how far the nervous system and brain can go). Internet is all mental, emotional, language, symbols, mathematical. The senses which aren't being used at all are smell and taste, and physical body most of the time. Which if you're on the Internet as a Entrepreneur long-term, it's quite all about being in your head and emotion.

This is not the way we Generation X and Baby Boomers operated in previously, as invention was more in physical hands, we used our bodies to labor, inner action face to face, yet as I recall, communication lacked for the simple reason the expression of the inner world wasn't being displayed out in the open. It was more about face value, what you see. Logical and practical. Hidden knowledge of the the inner thoughts, emotions, feelings. The Internet is more about the Internal World.

As an INFJ I can say this, because the INFJ lives in their inner rich world. Which in lower consciousness, the external world never quite understood what was happening in the inner world. As I would be the chameleon as they say, adapt, adjust, wear the mask you would like me to wear to fit your agenda, motivation, and intention. This is the thing most people did previously, you lie to yourself, and other individuals, follow the herd mentality, blend in, and the INFJ is kind of like the Movie Divergent. If you're Divergent, then you try to blend in and not be noticed. Lol. Although, you have knowledge, insight, and ahead of your time. Now, this is quite interesting for me, because I actually think more like the Millennials, but from Generation X.

This reflection was coming up like your video states. You have "I", but you also have "We". Again being and INFJ, I individuated like Jung stated, separated from the group for a time, but than you must come back to the "We". For the simple reason, "I" can not exist without the "We". And like she states in the video, "Both." Basically the Middle Way and Balanced in society whether it is business, family, romantic relationships, the answer is always the same. While we'd like to believe that "I" and "Money" is only about my agenda, becoming the top dog, fortunately, you can't get there without the "We." The "We" is your audience, clients, customers.

Adding value! How am I valuable? Ah! A Millennial told me two days ago, there's nothing special about you because I have a degree like her. My response to her was, my degree doesn't mean shit! Her degree means nothing! And I wasn't in my business name, so it didn't reflect on business. Millennials get stuck with the mirroring of text, theories, beliefs, facts, evidence. They're good at it text book information. They have knowledge. What do you do with the knowledge once you have it all? You can no everything, but fortunately, you end up with different angles of philosophy, psychology, religion, spiritual, political, medical knowledge.

Another Millennial said, "I had all these events. Not playing Victim and I don't blame anyone." And I stated, "It's not about playing victim, or blaming anyone. It's about seeing the wholes in the system, rebuilding the system where it works." And no comment from either right after that comment. The problem is if you have text book knowledge, but don't have the experience to problem solve, creativity, innovation, question everything, experiment, and push forward you will here most people say, "Well it's always been that way. There's nothing you can do about it." There's this mentality, that I'm powerless, I'm too lazy to use my brain, and it's just easier to go with the herd and wonder why my life never gets anywhere. I'm having fun with my addictions, bad habits, and entertainment.

Academia is structured, monitored, rules, regulations, and you stick to the rules. There are codes of conduct, regulations, rules, ethics, morals, values.

When you have the Millennial crew, I see some are getting arrested for being whistle blowers, exposing the truth, and even experimenting psychologically, emotionally, and boundary pushing the psyche.

The movie clip you're talking about is reflecting this, because I have already experienced a couple of incidents with Millennials, where I they were just unethical and fortunately, because I'm aware, it didn't have such an impact on me, but I can see how it does with Millennials and their peers who are unaware.

This comes back to WWII. When Hitler was in operation, everyone worked for him, did unethical experiments in various ways in science, medical etc. Those stories are kind of horrifying if you've ever read some of the experiments which were done.
Frankly, people can be in all about the money and I, but fortunately it's not a pretty site when huge amounts of the population end up suffering in the end.

Which comes to the real issues people are facing. Healthcare, Housing, Employment, Basic Necessities of Life. Survival of the fittest. And when we look at history through the centuries what happen, do we need to keep making the same mistakes, or do something different? And what kind of world do we want to live in?

Fortunately, replacing men and women with technology, kind of makes it kind of empty, detached, lonely, isolated, and sure if you ever watched the movie her, but this is just doesn't appeal to me, but the popular consensus with many individuals is throw away relationships, and Internet and Technology can serve all your needs. Whether it will ever get that far, I have no clue, but I think Technology is already impacting relationships of every kind.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzV6mXIOVl4

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I don't think the bubble will pop. The lack on interactions on the gurus' parts would lead to dead ends rather than bubble bursts....

But of course we can't expect the gurus to be there all day long. They would need help...similar-minded employees, assistant teachers or whatnot, those who share the gurus' vision. And that's where human resources came in.

I used to go to a study camp, a year before my high school final exams. It was run by Adam Khoo Learning Technologies, some business that takes after the Tony Buzan kind of studying (using NLP and mindmaps for study). Can't say I learned much, as the camp was mostly catered for students who were really lazy or demotivated in their studies....but I found myself audience to a whole system.

While the man himself, Adam Khoo, wasn't there (I found he himself was running an ads company, some marketing business and a stock trading education company), he did have things wrapped up. He had senior trainers to run the show, along with junior assistant trainers who would mentor each group of trainees. I was surprised to find that the junior assistants were unpaid folks, who went in just because they believed in Adam's passion for helping kids succeed.

At that time, I myself was the rebellious kind, so I asked them why they choose to work under the man rather than find their own route. I had hit some Fastlane motherlodes even before I read TMF lol...
But they stuck firm. They insisted they were there because they wanted to help as volunteers. They even had to go through earlier training camps before being eligible to become coaches. And mind you, some of the participants in that camp weren't exactly A-student material. They needed to be spanked rather than to be taught how to make mindmaps lol.

From observing the system in place that ran the entire franchise of edu camps, I think that eventually, any form of educational course, be it offline or online, needs a team who have the same aim. Same passion. As Fastlaners, as we know that we shouldn't do our passion for business, we do need passion in our employees, as of course, not everyone wants to be a Fastlaner.

But of course, most of the 'failed' guru syndicates tend to be one-man shows....and this might display a lack of relative value on the course products. My study camp franchise, the one I attended, had its band of loyal followers....thus it displayed more relative value although I may not have been its ideal customer lol. Higher relative value attracts not only more customers, but also more employees.

Think, if you were an employee, and you could join a company which was making world-changing robots or medicines, would you go for it? Money and Fastlane aside, most people would surely desire to do work that impacts a lot of people.

Lol just came across this. Adam Khoo? This guy is well known in yours truly's country as a "guru". His dad had connections and pumped in millions into his business to help him make his first million lol. Not only that, the guy already has connections with politicians due to his family background. This sort of advantage is not available to most people out there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.