The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Not Sure If This is The Healthiest Thing to Visualize(But it Works)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I visualize sidwalkers and slowlaners who have rejected me, or who have held me back as flesh eating zombies... like those in the walking dead. If I don't outdo myself every single day, I imagine they catch up to me.

Then they spew their bullshit all over me and I get reinfected with the script. (You've gotta save so you retire. Do what you love. College is an experience. Don't work too hard. Enjoy having no responsibility, you're young. Treat yourself with some junk food and a night of Tv. I'm fifty and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, etc.) Of course they don't stop there, they also tear my life apart piece by piece.

Then I have to go through all the pain and struggle of getting out again. The reason I do that is avoiding pain is very potent as a reward. And this is like a runner's high for me once I knock out an objective. I think of it as a reboot for my kernel.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Interesting visualization.

Let's say sidewalkers and slowlaners are zombies. Instead of fighting them, I would use one of the most lethal weapons, which is IGNORANCE.

If you pay attention to bullshit that flows from their pieholes it'll eventually infect your mind and slowly mutate into sidewalker or slowlaner.

Instead, be polite, but program your subconscious mind to IGNORE bullshit.

Last advice: don't fight them. Ever. Why waste your emotional energy?

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Then I have to go through all the pain and struggle of getting out again. The reason I do that is avoiding pain is very potent as a reward. And this is like a runner's high for me once I knock out an objective. I think of it as a reboot for my kernel.
I think I've just accepted that zombies will always be around. They're really not motivation for me personally. They're kind of slow paced and stuck in one place.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I visualize sidwalkers and slowlaners who have rejected me, or who have held me back as flesh eating zombies... like those in the walking dead. If I don't outdo myself every single day, I imagine they catch up to me.

Then they spew their bullshit all over me and I get reinfected with the script. (You've gotta save so you retire. Do what you love. College is an experience. Don't work too hard. Enjoy having no responsibility, you're young. Treat yourself with some junk food and a night of Tv. I'm fifty and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, etc.) Of course they don't stop there, they also tear my life apart piece by piece.

If it works to keep you motivated, it works.

From experience in this ream of motivation and stuff like that:

1. Keep a 'reality anchor' - to keep yourself in check where you are in that sweet spot of using this as motivation to work harder, without taking it too far and losing check with other parts of reality. Some motivational things can be taken too far, where it works well for business, but may impact other areas of your life. I may or may not be speaking from experience lol.

2. There will come a point in your entrepreneurial journey where you'll stop being impacted by the 'zombies' and you'll be so strong in your own ways and your own progress, where this motivational strategy might become less effective, so if you reach that point, it's always time to meditate on this and look internal fro a new strategy. But for now, it's great you found out what works to keep you motivated!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I visualize sidwalkers and slowlaners

The world has been fabricated to keep Sidewalkers and Slowlaners obedient and pre-occupied in the Scripted system. Turn on the TV, go to the grocery store, go to a movie. The Script is everywhere -- there is no need to visualize because it's like breathing air.

The reason I do that is avoiding pain is very potent as a reward.

Whatever motivates you will work! It's not one size fits all. The idea of putting on a suit and tie and hitting a train station (pain) was what motivated me all those years ago!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Lots of my peers have gone through university and are embarking on a career path which is making their friends and family proud.

Several people have wondered why I'm not following the same path, and suggested something like, I'm behind everyone else, but maybe soon I'll go down the same path and do what everyone is doing.

Instead of ignoring all of them, I pay close attention and the feelings they inspire in me. I take their energy and it converts to pride and fire within me. I can outwork anyone on the planet and change realities.

I've always been something of a competitor, even if we're not playing the same game.

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
The world has been fabricated to keep Sidewalkers and Slowlaners obedient and pre-occupied in the Scripted system. Turn on the TV, go to the grocery store, go to a movie. The Script is everywhere -- there is no need to visualize because it's like breathing air.

Whatever motivates you will work! It's not one size fits all. The idea of putting on a suit and tie and hitting a train station (pain) was what motivated me all those years ago!
A tie is the yoke of oppression.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I visualize sidwalkers and slowlaners who have rejected me, or who have held me back as flesh eating zombies...
That's awesome that it works for you.

I don't purposely visualize the sidewalkers/slowlaners who have been naysayers toward me, but the visuals do come back from pretty frequently.

Them: "you can't do that."
Me: "why not?"

Those people from my past have been a major part in fueling my inner drive. They've helped me push through many mental barriers.

Interesting Life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Oct 2, 2016
New York
I like it! It ties in your past, things you want to avoid and zombies. It sounds like it instills the right emotions in you as well.

I'd also imagine a wonderful safe zone as well that you are working to get to. Any time you take the right actions you are avoiding the zombies, but also building your paradise for you and your loved ones.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Ha,thats great man
I really like the playfulness of it
"no, don't eat my brains"
I also love walking dead, what a great show.

I used to think of it all as zombies to be frank
This never ending horde of BS everywhere
No refuge
Just make shift camps and getting booted now and then.

But you make your own luck in life
You don't sit about and wait for it to trickle down on you
You reach up and grab it by the collar, throw it back, get in your fastlane vehicle and let it eat smoke
All you can do :)

Oh and of course, be a gentleman
Everyones struggling in someway
Yes, even the rich have their struggles
Though not quite like being poor
So keep your head up, face forward, kick your fear in the teeth
Do something cool

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Thanks for the input guys.

I think I should clear up that I use this to get out of bed and whenever I feel like I should just get going. This stops me from "hmming" and "hawing". Every second I hmm and haw, the inflation that greases the whole false prosperity system creeps up. Rules and regs change. Demand shifts in another direction of the market. Expenses come due. Etc.

So, that is why I visualize the consequence of being caught by those in the slow death mindset. It will really suck if I have to fight my way through traffic again. This makes me less worried about the uncertainty of having an open road ahead of me while only having a map and my wits to guide me.

For example, wasting time feels WEIRD (it used to feel good). It feels criminal to repeat a simple task without finding out if I can outsource it. Going out for drinks more than twice a month feels like a awful thing. Using "free time" for anything other than networking, reading, exercising, experimenting feels awful. Even posting on here feels strange if I'm spending more than 4-5 hours a week. (And this is Galt's Gulch pretty much)

I don't think I'm purposefully visualizing this, it is more like a filter for everything going through my eyes and ears.

Last edited:

Moneydluffy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 15, 2017
Germany
Lots of my peers have gone through university and are embarking on a career path which is making their friends and family proud.

Several people have wondered why I'm not following the same path, and suggested something like, I'm behind everyone else, but maybe soon I'll go down the same path and do what everyone is doing.

Instead of ignoring all of them, I pay close attention and the feelings they inspire in me. I take their energy and it converts to pride and fire within me. I can outwork anyone on the planet and change realities.

I've always been something of a competitor, even if we're not playing the same game.

Same here. Being 19 y/o with all my peers going to uni and getting jobs, I am the odd one out Who is "confused" and "will eventually figure it out" and "doesn't know what he wants" even though I am probably the only one of them Who knows exactly what they want and doesn't just enroll in college for the sake of doing it because it is the right thing to do at that Part of your life.

I just use this as motivation to work harder and not quit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.