The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Majority Of Workers Will Freelance By 2027

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
From Upwork's Press Release on Freelancing in America 2017. For those who freelance or are considering freelance, now is the best time to start. Once this train starts moving and people catch on, it's gonna get a lot more crowded. ;)

Click here to read their full article.

Click here for the results deck.

Infographic_UP-URL_2040x1180-1024x592.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I can actually see that happening.

Where I live, many people are working full-time for the man, and just barely getting by. Not only here, but many other expensive cities as well.

People are starting to wake up and realize you don't need to rely on a company, you can thrive by improving your skills and how you contribute them. It's almost like a dawning period of economic and personal self-growth.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
People are starting to wake up and realize you don't need to rely on a company, you can thrive by improving your skills and how you contribute them. It's almost like a dawning period of economic and personal self-growth.

Companies will pay the same rate, but don't have to pay FICA, 401k, healthcare, dental, and don't need to hire long term employees for a potential short term need... so it's much more profitable for us companies. I love it.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
This is why my lack of sales ability is so worrying if I can't get out by then, I'm done for, so I need to get something anything quick. My plan B) is a cheap house and fast internet in low cost of living area(halving my expenses is the same as doubling my income) perhaps not fastlane but security to serve me as I try to build fastlane.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
This is why my lack of sales ability is so worrying

In the infographic, the top two challenges are "income predictability" and "finding work." These are really the very same issue: ability to market and sell ourselves and our work. The third issue is benefits. If you have enough stable income, buying your own benefits is feasible. So that's really a third facet of exactly the same issue. Fortunately we've found a great forum to help each other get excellent at our own marketing & sales skills!

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
In the infographic, the top two challenges are "income predictability" and "finding work." These are really the very same issue: ability to market and sell ourselves and our work. The third issue is benefits. If you have enough stable income, buying your own benefits is feasible. So that's really a third facet of exactly the same issue. Fortunately we've found a great forum to help each other get excellent at our own marketing & sales skills!

I'd have put income predictably and finding work separately. If you can find lots of well paying work but only three months of the year, you might not have income predectiabilty.

Investments could give you income predectiabilty but you still might have trouble finding work.

I think there might be a niche for a an autosave the extra money and use to smooth out the base play.

For example ten self employed people could band together put any extra money they make into a pot,so if any one slacks they can be picked up.

I think there was a crypto for a sort of high efficient capitalist welfare-insurance program.

There's a lot of people here but I'm suprised how many have posted saying I had the money and I blew it on bad decisions/investments etc.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
I'd have put income predictably and finding work separately. If you can find lots of well paying work but only three months of the year, you might not have income predectiabilty.

I guess it depends how this is defined. A larger definition would be, finding enough work so that your income is predictable. For one person, this might be one giant project every few years. For another person, it could be a dozen little paid tasks every week.

I think there might be a niche for a an autosave the extra money and use to smooth out the base play. For example ten self employed people could band together put any extra money they make into a pot,so if any one slacks they can be picked up.

That's just any kind of insurance pool, isn't it?

I think there was a crypto for a sort of high efficient capitalist welfare-insurance program.

There are several threads here on crypto currency. If you can find the link again, that sounds interesting to learn more about.

There's a lot of people here but I'm suprised how many have posted saying I had the money and I blew it on bad decisions/investments etc.
Did you have an intro post about this? I think I missed your posts until some of your most recent comments yesterday.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Yup definition is the big one there. A friend of mine worked for an accountant rather than trying to get people to do all.their taxes on time he just got all set up and advertises himself available for the last few weeks of the tax season at 10x the price of his full up competitors and worked 12 hours every day and all the help did too. Then afterwards he cleaned up the mess as he put for a few weeks, closed up (had some kind if temp deal with the office, deskshare in local accountants I guess, and off he went) I suppose he drew down throughout the year. Was a fastlane, my friend moved on because the accountant retired and moved to.spain at 35.

I was thinking more of the Sweedish system you work for a company (maybe you own it, or part of it) which invoices o ertime at 1.5x or negotiated rates. 1x goes to you, overtime and 80% of bonus goes into the company pool. The capital is then used to pay you back when there is no work, while the intrested can be drawn out to pay everyone. It's pretty much a pool k suppose but I wonder how many people here are in an insurance pool.

The crypto wasn't here, I'm following the space, so I'm aware of a few will try to remember Google terms.

I only joined yesterday so your probably seeing the posts quite early and I only just made that observation a few seconds ago. I do have my personal intro thread here though INTRO - Hello, I don't want to be a millionaire

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.