The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young Fastlane Savers Club (Plant your fastlane seeds. NOW)

Anything related to matters of the mind

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
G

Guest24480

Going to college is a 4+ year investment, not sure how you think that's a good idea

If OP and I are both 22 and I make 2-3 times what he does because of my degree, I can save or invest 2x as much in my business with less risk whilst living comfortably.

I don't have to worry about bills which leads to reduced stress, and therefore I can focus all my energy away from work on building a business, which OP has yet to even pursue due to his preoccupation with penny pinching.

Worth the four year commitment in my eyes. I wasn't mature enough to start a business at 18 anyway.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
We'll there are people that have created 6 / 7 / 8+ figure buisnesses from a few hundred bucks to few grand. But, considering sinking money into an education for multiple years vs working ( even mcdonalds parttime for 4 years is $40k ) living at home as a 17 or 18 year old. I'd advise the latter 100% of the time. Although if a career is something that is desired. Education is the way to go. Although even then finding a job is hard, I have a fake resume I've always handed out that says I'm university educated and a bunch of baloney to make me look good, yet get rejected by minium wage jobs, actually funny story months ago I applied at a bistro, the managers liked me, quickly built rapport and made them laugh. Yet was rejected as I didn't have experience in making sandwiches ( I straight up told them I suck but can learn). To end my coffee rant I did door to door pitching for landscaping and had an hourly of $30 to $40 dollars, my startup cost was around $300 dollars. What's the better option!? I've had a million of jobs yet ironically the best paying job I had was the one I created for myself and paid the most. How much schooling to get a $40 hr job?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.