The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Own a slowlane business, ready for change...

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

MagicRhi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 16, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Hi all! I'm Rhi, and I live just south of Sydney, Australia. I'm about 75% through reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it has already begun completely shifting the way I view life, wealth and business.

I'm 25 and have been running a content marketing agency for the past 2 years - with minimal success. When MJ mentioned that you can own a business and still be in the slowlane, it hit home. Hard. That's the exact position I'm in at the moment.

Yes, I make money. I make enough to keep myself quite comfortable. But, at the end of the day... it's a job. And a shitty one at that.

So, now I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to take things fastlane. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but that's why I'm here. To learn and transform myself. No more slowlane, folks.

First things first, here's what I'm going to do next: finish reading the book, learn from this forum, and implement.

So, hi! I can't wait to jump in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Rhi, nice to have another lady from Australia representing!

jmusic

Meep.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Mar 4, 2015
Can you make your business fastlane?

This!

"running a content marketing agency" could mean quite a few things. You could be a one-person show which really means, congratulations, you own a job.

On the other hand, some folks that hang out here have built empires around "content marketing," the difference is that they have learned how to scale and delegate. From your description I assume you are in the "one-(wo)man show" camp so... If I were you I would:

1. Take a simple task and write a procedure for how you do it. Maybe a decision tree/flowchart, or possibly even a screen captured video.
2. Hire someone on Upwork to do this task. At first I guarantee it will be slower, and probably cost too much, to get this person to do the task than it would be to do it yourself. Keep working through it though: the point is to learn how to delegate. They will expose holes in your process, things that were so automatic to you that you didn't think about.
3. Rinse and repeat with the next easiest task.
4. Before you know it, you'll have freed up the time and more importantly the brain space to think about how to really move the needle.

DeppyJ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 19, 2017
Greece
Hello Rhi!

Happy to see another woman here!
Welcome to the family :smile2:

xx,
Deppy from Greece

MagicRhi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 16, 2017
Sydney, Australia
This!

"running a content marketing agency" could mean quite a few things. You could be a one-person show which really means, congratulations, you own a job.

On the other hand, some folks that hang out here have built empires around "content marketing," the difference is that they have learned how to scale and delegate. From your description I assume you are in the "one-(wo)man show" camp so... If I were you I would:

1. Take a simple task and write a procedure for how you do it. Maybe a decision tree/flowchart, or possibly even a screen captured video.
2. Hire someone on Upwork to do this task. At first I guarantee it will be slower, and probably cost too much, to get this person to do the task than it would be to do it yourself. Keep working through it though: the point is to learn how to delegate. They will expose holes in your process, things that were so automatic to you that you didn't think about.
3. Rinse and repeat with the next easiest task.
4. Before you know it, you'll have freed up the time and more importantly the brain space to think about how to really move the needle.

This is exactly my thought process. You hit the nail on the head that I am currently a one (wo)man show. But, in the last two weeks, I've reached out to some writing freelancers and have been starting (slowly) to hand off menial tasks to them. Now, I'm hoping that I can keep that going and get rid of my issue with delegating, so I can focus on how I can transform this 'job' into a 'fastlane business'.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply! I'm on step 2, and hopefully in the next few months I'll be on step 4!

Carol Jones

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
903%
Oct 5, 2017
Rural Australia
Hi all! I'm Rhi, and I live just south of Sydney, Australia. I'm about 75% through reading The Millionaire Fastlane and it has already begun completely shifting the way I view life, wealth and business.

I'm 25 and have been running a content marketing agency for the past 2 years - with minimal success. When MJ mentioned that you can own a business and still be in the slowlane, it hit home. Hard. That's the exact position I'm in at the moment.

Yes, I make money. I make enough to keep myself quite comfortable. But, at the end of the day... it's a job. And a shitty one at that.

So, now I'm ready for a change. I'm ready to take things fastlane. I'm not sure exactly how yet, but that's why I'm here. To learn and transform myself. No more slowlane, folks.

First things first, here's what I'm going to do next: finish reading the book, learn from this forum, and implement.

So, hi! I can't wait to jump in.

G'day @MagicRhi from rural Australia,

Welcome to The Fastlane Forum. You. Will. Love. It. Here.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know. ~Carol❤

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...