The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Important Question For You All

Hassan27

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 16, 2017
Vancouver
Hey,

First off I would just want you guys to know that you are all doing a very good thing for all entrepreneurs Keep up the good work!

I have a question for you guys. This is something that has been bothering me for quite some time. I want to see how you would overcome this problem.

Im a 21-year-old direct-response copywriter and marketer. I've been at it since I was 19. It's been a great journey and I've had the opportunity to work in many industries and with many great entrepreneurs that I wouldn't have ever imagined. I'm also part of an exclusive mastermind, which I'm very grateful to be part of.

However, here's the issue that I have. I feel that in those 2 years I've been at it, there has been little progress with me. And quite recently I haven't been hustling like I use to, I haven't been producing the results that I want, I've been sabotaging myself A LOT, I'm not thinking straight, and I'm not implementing fast enough.

As I ask myself why this has happened with me, I come to realize that it's many things. It's my lack of knowledge in personal development, business, marketing. It's my lack of not creating a compelling, Clear, and Smart Vision/purpose for all areas of my life. It could be my bad habits, or it could even be my family upbringing (growing up, my family was really negative towards many things and I inherited a lot of their negative values and beliefs)

So my question is, what would you do in a situation like this so that I can put aside all my negative challenges and beliefs and just hustle through the journey? I've been thinking of taking a "break" from business where so I can just focus on myself and resolve all the issues I have.

Thank you and any constructive criticism is welcomed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Im a 21-year-old direct-response copywriter and marketer. I've been at it since I was 19. It's been a great journey and I've had the opportunity to work in many industries and with many great entrepreneurs that I wouldn't have ever imagined. I'm also part of an exclusive mastermind, which I'm very grateful to be part of.

However, here's the issue that I have. I feel that in those 2 years I've been at it, there has been little progress with me. And quite recently I haven't been hustling like I use to, I haven't been producing the results that I want, I've been sabotaging myself A LOT, I'm not thinking straight, and I'm not implementing fast enough.

20 is the age of partiying , not the age of guru of copywriting . when you are 40 , you will regret those years.

by the way, if i were a client, i wouldn't hire a 20 something copywriter

i would spent the maximun amount of money to hire a 50 years old copywriter , not a newbie.

marketing is a serious thing, there is real money at stake.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
not the age of guru of copywriting
Or the age where it all started ;) I personnally don't give AF about partying or spending money in these kind of activities, and i'm not restricting myself, i just can't spend that money on dumb shit knowing that with that i can developp a new business / product / service that will produce more ice cream at the end.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
20 is the age of partiying , not the age of guru of copywriting . when you are 40 , you will regret those years.

i would spent the maximun amount of money to hire a 50 years old copywriter , not a newbie.

If that's your opinion why aren't you posting on a forum about clubbing in Ibiza instead of a business forum like this? I'm a 19 year old Copywriter making nearly 4k a month while also balancing full-time college and a social life. Your response sounds like justification for mediocrity. What is it exactly that you do?

Hassan27

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 16, 2017
Vancouver
Perhaps consider a change of environment?

If you change where you live, work, and play, it will change a lot of internal stuff for you as well - and help clarify what's truly important for you!
That's true Michael, I'll look into renting a coworking office space

Michael Burgess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada

Just want to say that I completely disagree with this.

(I am a 23 year old entrepreneur who hasn't "made it" yet so take this with a grain of salt...)

But your twenties are a time when you have abundant energy, enthusiasm, and capacity to rebound if you hit failures - a perfect recipe for setting yourself up for life. If you do it right, you could work your a$$ off in your twenties and be free to party as you please, anywhere, with anyone, for the rest of your life later.

The people I know who ended up "enjoying their youth and not taking it seriously"? A lot of them work crap jobs, have burdensome consumer debts, and have become so accustomed to their station in life they're not making their way out anytime soon.

I might only be 23, but I'm handling a $15,000 project for one client right now who couldn't care less about my age - she's a lot more interested in my quality of work and results. Is that "real money at stake" enough for you?

;)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Just want to say that I completely disagree with this.

(I am a 23 year old entrepreneur who hasn't "made it" yet so take this with a grain of salt...)

But your twenties are a time when you have abundant energy, enthusiasm, and capacity to rebound if you hit failures - a perfect recipe for setting yourself up for life. If you do it right, you could work your a$$ off in your twenties and be free to party as you please, anywhere, with anyone, for the rest of your life later.

The people I know who ended up "enjoying their youth and not taking it seriously"? A lot of them work crap jobs, have burdensome consumer debts, and have become so accustomed to their station in life they're not making their way out anytime soon.

I might only be 23, but I'm handling a $15,000 project for one client right now who couldn't care less about my age - she's a lot more interested in my quality of work and results. Is that "real money at stake" enough for you?

;)
Good points. But then again, @GMSI7D 's worries and concerns are not totally off the mark.
Most 20-ish kids aren't gonna be thinking about the client like you did there.
They are only thinking about themselves, their own bucks in their pockets.

That makes copy pretty hard to do. You have to think about what the consumer needs in order to arrange the emotional pull of the message, as well as the client's monetary investment in you and his or her business's attributes, which will be the selling points to hype. Most 20-ish people don't have that kind of mindset yet. Takes time to inculcate.

In business, there will always be 'real money at stake'. If someone is going to devote money as payment for your efforts, it is money at stake. Even time can be considered another form of currency 'at stake'.

But well, nothing to worry about. Just rejoice that someone saw value in you and is willing to trust you with the bucks....and go work!

On 'making it', I just realised that before the big wins, you must accumulate the small wins. Progressive steps that lead to improvements. Thus we have to 'make it' every day, the same way we make good choices every day that lead to a better, more significant outcome in the future.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you and any constructive criticism is welcomed!

Could be a couple of things...

1) You're too comfortable so you don't need to stretch.
2) Your meaning and purpose isn't defined, or it's too weak.
3) You haven't defined where you want to be in five years, and then, reversed engineered it.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Like MJ said, you gotta start thinking ahead
Where is this current attitude and path LEADING you?
No where? Just a plateau of "meh?"
Then look at successes that actually WENT somewhere
And go listen to them to see how you can replicate it

Don't fuddle about twiddling your thumbs, this is SERIOUS STUFF
You cannot half-bake your way through this

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
Am in the same position as you , been here for a while and my drive is not just as it used to be when i started , been reading a lot planning to start the 30 days copywriting challenge it has been said that learning copywriting will shift your mindset ,maybe I read a lot to convince myself that am taking action while all i do is faking and I need to jump in as soon as possible and start taking real action producing something ,I think my main weakness is that am too scared to approach the market so I try to gain as much knowledge as i can before getting my hands dirty, my thoughts are not clear ,the more I get myself into this the more i try to understand the more vague and scary it all become , right now am just ......... stuck

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

You should capitalise your I's

- someone in their 20s.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.