The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Please critique my website

Marketing, social media, advertising

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Its too wordy.. It should be big and bold with the caption " Solar will save you $20,000" with a picture of a solar panel or something along those lines. I was originally confused of what you were selling for the first 5 secs. Hope that helps.

Jamesdoesmith

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 14, 2014
Its too wordy.. It should be big and bold with the caption " Solar will save you $20,000" with a picture of a solar panel or something along those lines. I was originally confused of what you were selling for the first 5 secs. Hope that helps.
Ok thank you!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What's the goal of the website? It's about solar power, but that's about all I gathered. Are you selling something or just trying to teach people? I didn't see anything to buy. When I open your site I should know INSTANTLY what it's about and why I should care.

From there I should have a clear idea of where to go next and what to do. Sure, I can click the buttons at the top, but as a viewer my question is, why should I? When I read over a page I should already be headed in a direction (the direction you want me to go). On the homepage the only buttons are at the top, and none of them say something like "Start Here." So I got kind of lost, and never did figure out exactly what you were selling.

The one big plus of your website right now is it's pretty simple to navigate. What you're talking about is clear. Why you're talking about it, is not. So that's where I'd focus on improving.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
This is a brief, short and sweet landing page type website. Please tear it apart and tell me what is wrong with it!

LOWBALL POWER

I didn't realize there was a video attached until I scrolled down looking for where, what, and how I was going to make this extra cash. Perhaps scaling the video down, moving it up, and letting us know what the point is immediately would prevent a click and leave experience.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
This is a brief, short and sweet landing page type website. Please tear it apart and tell me what is wrong with it!

LOWBALL POWER

who is your audience ?

what is their problem ?

why the hell should they come and see your website ?

you shoud reverse things : when we land on your site, we need time to understand that this is about solar power

" what the hell am i doing on this site " is the first thing in mind.

so your youtube video should appear on top and then your america picture below with stats and so on

you also need an headline:

" here is solar power for your problem wich is whatever " you get the point.

i am fed up with website that are messy and we don't know why we land on them

in the first 5 seconds, a web site must tell me " you are in the right place for your problem and here is the solution "

in 5 seconds, not in 10 minutes with a headache

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
In addition to the replies above,

1) Remove that purple-black background behind the map and increase map size to fill the area where the purple-black background was.

2) Compress the info in Savings and Property value pages into point form / simple infographics and place them all on the homepage so it reduces clicking and going to/fro across the pages.

3) Add an About page.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
LOWBALL POWER

This isn't really a sales funnel - it's just an info site.

The first thing I want to know when I get on a site is, how will this benefit me. How about a headline like "Could you save X ammount of dollars on solar"? or whatever.

I don't really care how solar will empower the world, how does it help me specifically?

There's no call to action - no way to get a quote, no way to take an action.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.