The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Chimera called 'Money'.

Anything related to matters of the mind

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
As the title suggest, this post is about money and how it affects MY mindset.
I have this thing in my mind:

What If, starting from tomorrow I was able to not to worry about making money?

For me, thinking about money or shit to pay is just devastating, it completely blocks me,
some days I just can't think about anything else.
I hate the fact that this is my first thought when I wake up in the morning.

I feel like my mind keeps a lot of doors closed because it's too busy thinking about this.
It's not about I WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
it's I HAVE TO, BECAUSE.

And the worst thing is people telling me:
I'ts normal, everyone has to do this, it's LIFE.

Currently I'm working on a bunch of long term projects, but some days I just can't focus.

I am the only one ?
Is there any way to just free myself from this?

Sorry for my bad English, as always.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am the only one ?

1) Acknowledge the game's existence as a societal construct that won't go away.
2) Make a conscious decision to be a game-maker, not a game-player.
3) Do this long enough, and then you can opt out of the game entirely and become a spectator.

Around here we call that "Unscripted ." :smile:

ThirtyOne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jul 18, 2017
Los Angeles
thinking about money or shit to pay is just devastating, it completely blocks me, some days I just can't think about anything else.

Thinking can become overthinking fast when it gets in the way of doing.

If you need help doing, let me know what you want to accomplish this week. On Tue and Thu, I'll message you to follow up and see how it's going. I won't necessarily be an expert on your goal's subject, but I can be someone to help you act.

Your choice. No pressure. :fistbump:

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
As the title suggest, this post is about money and how it affects MY mindset.
I have this thing in my mind:

What If, starting from tomorrow I was able to not to worry about making money?

For me, thinking about money or shit to pay is just devastating, it completely blocks me,
some days I just can't think about anything else.
I hate the fact that this is my first thought when I wake up in the morning.

I feel like my mind keeps a lot of doors closed because it's too busy thinking about this.
It's not about I WANT TO MAKE MONEY.
it's I HAVE TO, BECAUSE.

And the worst thing is people telling me:
I'ts normal, everyone has to do this, it's LIFE.

Currently I'm working on a bunch of long term projects, but some days I just can't focus.

I am the only one ?

Sorry for my bad English, as always.

mj said in the millionaire fastlane he was making around $400,000 a month well the book of eccliastes said to invest in 7 to 8 different ventures so i want 8 businesses each month earning me around $400,000 each for a total of $3,200,000 a month, which makes my F*ck you number based on 5% interest around $800,000,000

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
mj said in the millionaire fastlane he was making around $400,000 a month well the book of eccliastes said to invest in 7 to 8 different ventures so i want 8 businesses each month earning me around $400,000 each for a total of $3,200,000 a month, which makes my F*ck you number based on 5% interest around $800,000,000

What a garbage post. OP - please ignore the above "advice".

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

giphy.gif

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Omg, did I ever struggle with this!
For me it was even worse than needing to make money
It was like, not making it was putting a freeze on all the good I could do in the world, so I was ANGRY.
I saw people saying "pfff, no big deal" and it made me go through a lot of conflict because no one acknowledged it...
I was just alone on my own crazy desert island.

Oh boy...

I fixed it by the most extreme method ever
No safety ropes, I put my life on the line in the worst way
I made as little money as possible and lowered myself as close as possible to the jaws of death
I squirmed there like eating glass
I even went without food sometimes
Grazed the very edge of utter shame and humiliation

And in that place, I reforged my fighting spirit
Because, lazy guy that I am, if I wasn't fighting the jaws of death itself I'd never do anything
Even when facing them I almost did nothing to stop it!!!

But, I did stop it. And that power, now resides in me, to face the fears no one else will.
Haha, like batman, but less cool, and no ninja skills.
I faced the fear in real terms, and gave myself just enough rope to get out alive.

I do not know WHY I didn't do it by launching a business.
I guess I thought that was too formulaic, and I wanted to find my true inner genius.

After coming out of the jaws of death, I was still angry. So I got into competition. I competed with people in fair ways, sports and things like that. Trying to lose my "beat them all, they'll pay" sort of feelings. By constantly competing I slowly gained my composure again by always being a good sport, even if others were trying to get a rise out of me. I accepted that part of human nature in others, and by extension, in myself.

After that, I was decent at business via mindsets and I always made enough money to survive effortllessly, but lacked motivation, because like you, I'd only ever done it cuz I had to. That changed one day when a girl was like "why not though, I mean you've got it all there, why not use it". I wasn't like "oh great idea, let me get out my tony robbins tapes!", I was just like "... yeah, you aren't wrong".
I slowly got bored of not living to my potential in that side of myyself, and a new side of my personality began to grow and bloom.

I started to see both sides of the picture better, without having to get there via intellectual means. I knew both sides at the soul level.
For example DO NOT WAIT FOR THE WORLD TO CHANGE, even if the world changes and it helps you, ultimately it will change again. MJ talks about control, you cannot CONTROL the world, its chaotic man, if you get cheques in the mail for all your expenses you won't feel less fear, if people never shame you about your job you won't feel more accomplished.
But it also works the other way too!
If people see you as successful, if you earn a lot, it also doesn't make all the fear go away. I mean most people who succeed big, spend all that cash and lose it shortly after!!! So you need a mindset that is STABLE AND SOLID when it comes to success and money or they won't matter. I got this by playing high stakes poker, I risked money in order to learn how to utterly respect it. And now, I can risk thousands in an investment, playing the odds, knowing if I've got a good hand I can always lose, but overall I'll succeed. (I played up to near the pro level, but not anymore, its not a revenue stream, its a game to help you gain skills with risking money but breaking even).

When you are capable of not FREAKING OUT with 10k in your hand from one weeks effort, you can then operate at the 1% level.
You know HOW to handle being 1%... and it isn't this gloriously EASY thing, there is more to it than that.
I don't make that kinda money every week like a true 1%er, I make about 60-100 an hour.
I know I'm STRONG
But I'm not playing/making the game just right yet
Its going to take me some time
I'm okay with that though, cuz I'm growing every day :)

Look, money can't be the solution to your problems and fears, cuz if it is, you are stepping into a bear trap.
You will think you are after money but actually be after CHEAP money.
And if you chase CHEAP money, you chase CHEAP RESULTS.

The kinda money you want to make is "real money" as in, the kind of money that will never slip through your fingers.
And you make real money in conjunction with real action connecting with real results.
If you are not acting, do not expect results!!!

I am acting only somewhat, so I get so-so results, thats my choice
It is up to me to eventually act more and get great results.
Do you feel me?

I'm trying to show you that there is more to this than just cashflow.
And btw, look at your expenses and income as cashflow, in vs out, not how much you have and how long you could last doing nothing.
Get a healthy cashflow, with like at least 20% excess, and that'll slowly give you a "runway" from which you can take some risks.
If your cashflow is pathetic, then its going to cripple your mobility, so get a grip on that first by making budgets and getting your head right when it comes to unnecessary expenses.

Don't think it is all about money, its about a skill, and a way of being, and if you can get to that, you can act in concert with the principles that make you real cash relative to real action. NOT MORE, but also, not less.

Don't settle for just getting by...
Don't let all the fear and nonsense turn you into a weakling.
Open your world.

You wont agree with everyone in that new world
I hate guys making cheap money making maliscious websites, fishing scams, hacking, decieving, conning etc etc etc.
I hate them, cuz they paint money as this disgustting thing, this dirty and ugly necessity only gained by being a duplicitous scumbag.
But I don't listen to people like that, I listen to my own gut, to my customers, to good friends of mine who do their best in business, and we make a real go of things. We show it doesn't take nasty tactics to succeed, and we aren't shy about throwing in a few marketting tactics or whatever here and there to play a LITTLE dirty at times, but its all done in a good way.

So yeah, my point is, grow a larger opinion, rather than let the chimera maul you without end.
Not everyone and everything is the enemy, it'll be ok.
But keep your wits about you :)
And grow

Last edited:

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Omg, did I ever struggle with this!
For me it was even worse than needing to make money
It was like, not making it was putting a freeze on all the good I could do in the world, so I was ANGRY.
I saw people saying "pfff, no big deal" and it made me go through a lot of conflict because no one acknowledged it...
I was just alone on my own crazy desert island.

Oh boy...

I fixed it by the most extreme method ever
No safety ropes, I put my life on the line in the worst way
I made as little money as possible and lowered myself as close as possible to the jaws of death
I squirmed there like eating glass
I even went without food sometimes
Grazed the very edge of utter shame and humiliation

And in that place, I reforged my fighting spirit
Because, lazy guy that I am, if I wasn't fighting the jaws of death itself I'd never do anything
Even when facing them I almost did nothing to stop it!!!

But, I did stop it. And that power, now resides in me, to face the fears no one else will.
Haha, like batman, but less cool, and no ninja skills.
I faced the fear in real terms, and gave myself just enough rope to get out alive.

I do not know WHY I didn't do it by launching a business.
I guess I thought that was too formulaic, and I wanted to find my true inner genius.

After coming out of the jaws of death, I was still angry. So I got into competition. I competed with people in fair ways, sports and things like that. Trying to lose my "beat them all, they'll pay" sort of feelings. By constantly competing I slowly gained my composure again by always being a good sport, even if others were trying to get a rise out of me. I accepted that part of human nature in others, and by extension, in myself.

After that, I was decent at business via mindsets and I always made enough money to survive effortllessly, but lacked motivation, because like you, I'd only ever done it cuz I had to. That changed one day when a girl was like "why not though, I mean you've got it all there, why not use it". I wasn't like "oh great idea, let me get out my tony robbins tapes!", I was just like "... yeah, you aren't wrong".
I slowly got bored of not living to my potential in that side of myyself, and a new side of my personality began to grow and bloom.

I started to see both sides of the picture better, without having to get there via intellectual means. I knew both sides at the soul level.
For example DO NOT WAIT FOR THE WORLD TO CHANGE, even if the world changes and it helps you, ultimately it will change again. MJ talks about control, you cannot CONTROL the world, its chaotic man, if you get cheques in the mail for all your expenses you won't feel less fear, if people never shame you about your job you won't feel more accomplished.
But it also works the other way too!
If people see you as successful, if you earn a lot, it also doesn't make all the fear go away. I mean most people who succeed big, spend all that cash and lose it shortly after!!! So you need a mindset that is STABLE AND SOLID when it comes to success and money or they won't matter. I got this by playing high stakes poker, I risked money in order to learn how to utterly respect it. And now, I can risk thousands in an investment, playing the odds, knowing if I've got a good hand I can always lose, but overall I'll succeed. (I played up to near the pro level, but not anymore, its not a revenue stream, its a game to help you gain skills with risking money but breaking even).

When you are capable of not FREAKING OUT with 10k in your hand from one weeks effort, you can then operate at the 1% level.
You know HOW to handle being 1%... and it isn't this gloriously EASY thing, there is more to it than that.
I don't make that kinda money every week like a true 1%er, I make about 60-100 an hour.
I know I'm STRONG
But I'm not playing/making the game just right yet
Its going to take me some time
I'm okay with that though, cuz I'm growing every day :)

Look, money can't be the solution to your problems and fears, cuz if it is, you are stepping into a bear trap.
You will think you are after money but actually be after CHEAP money.
And if you chase CHEAP money, you chase CHEAP RESULTS.

The kinda money you want to make is "real money" as in, the kind of money that will never slip through your fingers.
And you make real money in conjunction with real action connecting with real results.
If you are not acting, do not expect results!!!

I am acting only somewhat, so I get so-so results, thats my choice
It is up to me to eventually act more and get great results.
Do you feel me?

I'm trying to show you that there is more to this than just cashflow.
And btw, look at your expenses and income as cashflow, in vs out, not how much you have and how long you could last doing nothing.
Get a healthy cashflow, with like at least 20% excess, and that'll slowly give you a "runway" from which you can take some risks.
If your cashflow is pathetic, then its going to cripple your mobility, so get a grip on that first by making budgets and getting your head right when it comes to unnecessary expenses.

Don't think it is all about money, its about a skill, and a way of being, and if you can get to that, you can act in concert with the principles that make you real cash relative to real action. NOT MORE, but also, not less.

Don't settle for just getting by...
Don't let all the fear and nonsense turn you into a weakling.
Open your world.

You wont agree with everyone in that new world
I hate guys making cheap money making maliscious websites, fishing scams, hacking, decieving, conning etc etc etc.
I hate them, cuz they paint money as this disgustting thing, this dirty and ugly necessity only gained by being a duplicitous scumbag.
But I don't listen to people like that, I listen to my own gut, to my customers, to good friends of mine who do their best in business, and we make a real go of things. We show it doesn't take nasty tactics to succeed, and we aren't shy about throwing in a few marketting tactics or whatever here and there to play a LITTLE dirty at times, but its all done in a good way.

So yeah, my point is, grow a larger opinion, rather than let the chimera maul you without end.
Not everyone and everything is the enemy, it'll be ok.
But keep your wits about you :)
And grow

Those were exactly the words that I needed..
I wish I had friends like you.
I will keep doing my things and keep learning and growing..
But I still think that I need a lot of practice to join the 1% mindset, before even owning some money.

Thank you all for your kind answers.
Gabriel.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
to me its good
oh well im not gonna be perfect
its working i just dont know how to please you all
dab on them haters

lPN5ali.gif

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto

We expect to see 8 progress threads detailing the journey. Go get em tiger.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
We expect to see 8 progress threads detailing the journey. Go get em tiger.

well im hoping to have it all in one office building, each business will only have 8 products, to price them i take $400 grand and divide by 8 for a price of $50,000 repeat 8 times and $3,200,000

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
well im hoping to have it all in one office building, each business will only have 8 products, to price them i take $400 grand and divide by 8 for a price of $50,000 repeat 8 times and $3,200,000

Awesome! You're one step away from being rich. All you need now is money!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
its working i just dont know how to please you all

with this mindset, i predict you won't go anywhere in life

you are not here to please people but to do your work on earth

you are on earth to do things according to your understanding of life

otherwise, you are just a bad copy of society's way of thinking

and the pareto principle says that most people are wrong

80 % of the global wisdom , improvement, anything come from 20 % of people outside the system.

this is not my opinion, this is fact.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
well id rather aim high and even if i dont quite get there i'll still be better off than if i focus on 1 income only

I admire your ambitions but there are a few steps you need first.

Step 1. From now on, every sentence you write needs to start with a capital letter.

I'll provide step #2 if you master step #1.

Tanishatheangel

Bronze Contributor
Sep 22, 2017
life
with this mindset, i predict you won't go anywhere in life

you are not here to please people but to do your work on earth

you are on earth to do things according to your understanding of life

otherwise, you are just a bad copy of society's way of thinking

and the pareto principle says that most people are wrong

80 % of the global wisdom , improvement, anything come from 20 % of people outside the system.

this is not my opinion, this is fact.

where do you get the 20% info from the outsiders?

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
Acknowledge the game's existence as a societal construct that won't go away.
This is so, so super important, especially for young people. There's all this fire and fury about the inequality and hardships involved with life among people in their 20's. Yeah. Anybody who doesn't see inherent flaws and inequities in capitalism and business and politics and society is blind. But the minute you were born it was too late to opt out of the game. The only way to spectate, as MJ says, is to go "unscripted " and have an explosive growth of income so that you can spend as little of your life in the trenches as possible. It's never been easier. One person can do it on Amazon or Facebook or a million other ways. You don't need to own a factory or a mine or an oil field to retire 25 years early anymore. You don't need 300 franchise locations. You don't need 5,000 employees. You don't need 12 years of higher education.

Acknowledge the game. Win the game. Play again or sit the next round out. But you can't stop playing until you win or you die.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.