The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pawan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 19, 2017
India
Hi i have just read the book,I ordered it through amazon.I must say your viewpoint is quite impressive.Not to pollute the passion for the activity you love is an excellent advice and strategy ,once you get money out of the way that is. I would like to ask how did you do your market research when you thought of creating a business enabling prospective clients to hire limo/vehicles vendors?What went in your mind when you first came up with the idea?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yana nova

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 6, 2015
I needed to refresh my memory on The Fast Lane and went over MJ's book again a few days ago.
It is worth rereading it even nowadays!

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Just finished the audio version of MFL, having listened to Unscripted first. Many authors only have one message, their first book is the best and then the rest just milk the original. I do not find that to be the case with MJ, though I listened to Unscripted first so it's not an acid test.

Obviously the underlying philosophy is the same (well actually not obvious, quite a few authors adopt a 'contemporary' position to sell more copy) - but MJ is brutally consistent.

From an audio production perspective Unscripted is much better (sorry MJ, I prefer the paid narrator, and hey it saves you times and effort anyways) - it was easier to play Unscripted at high-speed than MFL.

I very much like the development of the philosophy and message from MFL to Unscripted - the latter feels like a standalone, complete work without MFL. That said, for completeness MFL offers aspects of the journey which are not in the later book.

Both books stand head-and-shoulders above anything I have read which claim to be in the same vein. The unvarnished, and sometimes harsh, truth is there - and those who do not find it palatable were not going to adopt the philosophy anyway, so the style hopefully saved them reading to the end.

Looking forward to the next book, and will be interested to see how it builds on the current ones.

(Have paper copies of both on the way - for highlighting, note-copying, and to contribute to the MJ fund as I am sure an Audible subscription 'purchase' of the audio-book does not pay as well - especially with a pro narrator).

skid2964

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 15, 2012
Mississippi
Read the whole book! I started The Millionaire Fastlane 5 years ago and felt empowered to finally build my definition of success (which matches MJ's). I didn't finish the book, and didnt do a damn thing for 5 years! The rest of the book would have truly empowered me! I just finished the book and Unscripted ! Talk about "steps"? to me this was the steps... to be reminded about the logical key things that must be done but are neglected by so many, then dreams die. I have also had a FTE and many little ones, I'm actually living one big ugly FTE right now. But not for long, this is a done deal. I absolutely will not stop until it is done. Thank you MJ for helping me realize all the things in my mind that I must overcome and throw away. You are truly gifted and I will be forever grateful you decided to share your knowledge and experiences with us.

Joe Collins

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2016
UK
Read the book - should be standard curriculum in every school, although I still suspect a lot of people will still shrug off the advice, I guess that's their problem. Thanks!

bkillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 5, 2017
Rapid City SD
I've read TMF and enjoyed the no-nonsense content. It made me realize why my past businesses have failed. Mostly due to violating one of the CENTS (CENTS in this book) items and other times I've let the new shiny idea change my focus before things really had a chance to go. Thanks for a great book MJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aristan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 22, 2017
Oxford, UK
Read TMF and it really resonated with me. Have been kicking around an idea for a new venture for ages but there was always something that came along and led to me putting it off. TMF was the kick in the pants that I needed to get out of the Slowlane!

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
I have read The Millionaire Fastlane . I have a job, been there 10 years, spending my six figures as hard as I can; I'm definitely a slowlaner and spend an inordinate amount of time trying o go faster but hadn't realized there's another lane. I have pursued self-improvement and knowledge ad nauseum and have read all the books and done all the Things, but had never really put it together. This is going to be a long journey! I now need to figure out how to increase my perceived value to the world.

I'm in a good position to get started - I have got almost total schedule flexibility, my cars are all paid for, I have taught myself programming in a few languages. I don't use social media and I don't watch television. I'm starting late - I'm 40 - but that's ok. My biggest challenge is self-discipline, required to get out of the comfortable rut I have carefully designed and built that ends six feet under with retirement at age 90.

Now I'm about a quarter of the way through Unscripted and walking around with a slightly shocked expression on my face.

Crom91

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 23, 2017
Germany
Really loved the book and still reading it over and over again, joined the Forum today, ordered un-scripted today, I really feel like the cat who simply can´t resist that big plate of tuna ;)
Thanks MJ for providing such an enormous amount of value

Tavinho

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 29, 2017
Montes Claros, Minas Gerais, Brazil
I finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane some weeks ago, and I am almost finished reading UNSCRIPTED . They are two great books, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested in entrepreneurship.

I am sure the books and this forum have the power to change lives. Thank you for your work, MJ DeMarco. [emoji4]

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
Hi MJ DeMarco. I read TMFL over a year ago. I liked the book. Definitely the first of its kind. A little over a week ago, I had no idea that you had made a second book, Unscripted , and since my life was really going nowhere, I decided to buy it and read that as well. I'm glad I did. :)

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
Read it like a year ago.

I really appreciate the knowledge you share with us (not only in the book, also on this forum)

1wgzkk.jpg

1wgzkk

VictorEnglish

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
phoenix
I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane . Incredible book, I already new about the sidewalk and the slow lane but the investor I learned it from called it something different. But the fastlane was something I could never figure out until now. Love the mathematic formulas

philiman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 6, 2016
Now that there are over 100,000 copies out there in the wild, multiple language translations, etc. this is the thread to let me know that you've read The Millionaire Fastlane .

If you read the book, post here and you will get an icon under your screenname and additional forum privileges. (Private forum, more PM storage, etc.)

Feel free to post your comments about the book as well!

Thanks, MJ

By far the best book I've ever read in my entire life! Already read it 10 times, although I skipped the Egyptian fable the last 5 times.

Thanks MJ! You've changed my life! This book was my FTE!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.