The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dream Car Talk

V8Bill

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
334%
Feb 9, 2012
Australia
I would never own a hot rod but I do turn my head, stare and drool whenever I see one.
Yeah, they're an acquired taste. It even took me a while before I saw the beauty in really old cars but once I got to know them I've just fallen in love with them and never looked back although I like all cool cars, I want to see hot rods in my garage when I open it and I want to drive them on a balmy summer evening.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
22591195236_e9bd2487fe_o-960x640.jpg

The GTR has always had my heart... even though it's starting to look a little long in the tooth. I've just always loved what the Japanese engineers cranked out of a hand-assembled, twin-turbo'd V6. Godzilla forced the hand of the exotics into all wheel drive to even hold a candle to it's performance & the entire automotive world has benefited. It's understated enough that it doesn't draw attention in traffic but well endowed enough that if I want to drive like an a**hole, it doesn't disappoint.

I just don't think I'll be able to get it down the dirt road to my house.... *sigh

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
imageshandler.ashx

Just watch out for maggots growing over the engine.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Is this really your dream car?

Not exactly...

I've always been a sucker for ferrari's ever since I was younger, 2 in particular
upload_2017-9-8_10-21-26.jpeg
The Ferrari LaFerrari, I've seen one of these at a car show and it is jawdropping. Especially when you hear the ungodly engine sounds.
But if thats out of your price range you couldn't go wrong with a 2009 458 italia
upload_2017-9-8_10-32-49.jpeg

Honorable mention is just a personal vice of mine. I've only ever owned subaru's (2 cars in my life) and they are just fun little toys, almost like legos in how flexible and easy to customize they are. It would be a joy to be able to play around with a Subaru Impreza 22b.
upload_2017-9-8_10-40-21.jpeg

I could keep going but these are the first 3 off the top of my head, I also love some old 'merican muscle as well though.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Funny you should mention that. I was talking with one of the famous fast laners last week, and he is in pilot school. He sent me a photo of the plane he is buying, and he will be taking his solo flight log in his own plane.

I'm who @Vigilante is talking about. I've been working on my PPL and I plan to continue forward to the instrument rating. A standard PPL is stupid, I don't want to fart around the sky avoiding clouds all day.

I have since learned that I can't just go out and buy a high performance bad a$$ plane and get it insured as a new pilot. So unfortunately I'm going to have to buy a wimpy Piper first. Oh well... You have to start somewhere I guess.

I plan to transition from wimpy piper to Bonanza to Pilatus PC12. As a business guy that pays attention to the bottom line, owning and operating a Pilatus is always going to beat a jet.

And cost effective?? Kinda ;) Just compare everything to a Gulfstream and you come out looking pretty good.

Airplanes aside, I'm on a Range Rover kick right now.

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
For me, Abarth 695 Rosso Biposto (i already own a Abarth 500 180hp) but this is something else! (40k euros..)
And a Ferrari 458 Speciale w/ Fi-Exhaust and a DeTomaso Pantera
Unfortunatly, i think in 15 years we would not be able to drive such beautiful cars like theses ones (petrol restrictions & reforms)
ferrari-458-speciale-c742215092016180815_4.jpg
1972_De_Tomaso_Pantera_003_8208.jpg

index.php

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Someone that can drive a half a million dollar exotic car daily is a special kind of person. I know it would sit in the garage and I would end up driving the SUV. So even though I love the look of the these beautiful automobiles, I'll just take the shortcut and get a nice SUV. I don't want the attention.

azsno

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 14, 2017
Durham, NC
1933 Plymouth Coupe with a rumble seat. My uncle has one, and it never leaves his garage, and I was only "allowed" to ride in it once.1933-Plymouth-PD-Coupe-Front.jpg 1933-Plymouth-PD-Coupe-Front.jpg

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
22591195236_e9bd2487fe_o-960x640.jpg

The GTR has always had my heart... even though it's starting to look a little long in the tooth. I've just always loved what the Japanese engineers cranked out of a hand-assembled, twin-turbo'd V6. Godzilla forced the hand of the exotics into all wheel drive to even hold a candle to it's performance & the entire automotive world has benefited. It's understated enough that it doesn't draw attention in traffic but well endowed enough that if I want to drive like an a**hole, it doesn't disappoint.

I just don't think I'll be able to get it down the dirt road to my house.... *sigh

I have a 2010 R35 that is heavily modified and undergoing some work. This is one of my favorite cars ever. I had an R34, but sold it for the R35 at the time. I probably shouldn't have. I am now sourcing an R32 and the original Hakosuko from the 60's. Not sure when those will happen yet.

As it stands my cocaine is cars. I am heavily opinionated, usually from having owned the car at some point. If anything will ever ruin me financially anymore, cars are it. There. I admitted it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.