The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just a beautiful morning and I wanted to share

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Not much to say but it was a beautiful morning out and I wanted to share. It is normally foggy.
upload_2017-9-23_10-54-2.png
Sorry these were taken through my front porch window so poor quality but still pretty.
upload_2017-9-23_10-54-10.png
Always worth reflecting on nature and beauty when you can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Well.. there were pictures in there when I saved it :/

Ahh.... now they show up.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
please tell me you got a jetski!

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
please tell me you got a jetski!

I have a pair on the back of my boat in Florida, but none here in Cali. Sorry.

I actually find the ocean here to be too cold to get in it for my taste. At least this far north.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
These are beautiful, just a lil reminder to appreciate the natural beauties surrounding us daily - that we often take for granted. Absolutely beautiful.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Nice, Aaron, great pics. It's only been very recent for me that I can appreciate a moment like this when I find it.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Just for the record, the world did not end last night. It is still beautiful morning.

It's only been very recent for me that I can appreciate a moment like this when I find it.

It's so hard to appreciate the moments in life that we should be appreciating. Not just big moments, but all the little moments in the day that are worth it. When you stop and think about it, any day, even if it is a rushed and bad day, there will be something to slow your mind and be happy about.

I often did this in my most crazy busy awful days. Pre-mindfulness being popular I always find something to try and be happy for and when I did that there was always so much in that moment. Why on Earth would I ever let myself get bogged down with negativity. Life happens, yes but lots to love about it.

That said, I enjoy every morning, but the Sunrises in Florida are special for me for a lot of reasons, and now sunsets in California. It represented a silly dream at one point. I also have a small place in Overland Park, KS in the Midwest. Not the true center of America, but close enough. Believe it or not, no coasts at all, but my favorite city by far. KC is happening!

Reminds me of @Vigilante's (I think) "Because I can" thread.

I really need to find that thread. I love the "Because I can" mentality when it is applied properly. Well in at least it doesn't hurt anyone. But I often do things because I can. No rhyme or reason.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Just for the record, thView attachment 16477 e world did not end last night. It is still beautiful morning.

It's so hard to appreciate the moments in life that we should be appreciating. Not just big moments, but all the little moments in the day that are worth it. When you stop and think about it, any day, even if it is a rushed and bad day, there will be something to slow your mind and be happy about.

I often did this in my most crazy busy awful days. Pre-mindfulness being popular I always find something to try and be happy for and when I did that there was always so much in that moment. Why on Earth would I ever let myself get bogged down with negativity. Life happens, yes but lots to love about it.

That said, I enjoy every morning, but the Sunrises in Florida are special for me for a lot of reasons, and now sunsets in California. It represented a silly dream at one point. I also have a small place in Overland Park, KS in the Midwest. Not the true center of America, but close enough. Believe it or not, no coasts at all, but my favorite city by far. KC is happening!

I really need to find that thread. I love the "Because I can" mentality when it is applied properly. Well in at least it doesn't hurt anyone. But I often do things because I can. No rhyme or reason.

My phone was damaged after riding through a storm the other day, so this is the only photo I have at the moment, and it's not great quality, but I search these moments and places out now every day. I moved to Hanoi in May, and it's easy to get beat down by the pollution, insane traffic etc, but we are lucky to have a huge lake in the middle of the city (and countless smaller one's throughout other areas) where you can park up and avoid the madness for a bit. Not even a dengue fever outbreak can keep me away, ha.

I think growing up in a beautiful, small town with amazing beaches left me wanting the big city life and excitement, which I loved for years. The more hectic and crazy the better. It wasn't until about a year ago, at age 34 that subsided and turned around the other way. I don't mind it so much right now, but that's only because it's so different, riding a motorbike through weird and crazy areas so foreign to me. You see something interesting almost every time. If it was back in my home country though, I would be moving to a smaller town with nature surrounding it asap. Still though, I search these little oasis' out wherever and whenever I can, Chuck some nature sounds on my headphones, and write for at least an hour. Part of that writing be journaling including some things to be thankful for. Has worked really well and almost instantly changes my frame of mind.

It's probably the best practice I've done in my life. Things are never as bad as you imagine them to be. I just found out my housemate has started volunteering one evening a week to teach homeless street kids and orphans English. Some of the stories he told me that the kids told him (like, 6 year old kids looking after a disabled parent while pretty much living on the street etc) was a next level wakeup call. I'm going to volunteer as well, but, and it actually gives me pleasure to say this, there's actually no shortage of volunteer teachers, and actually a waiting list!

Anyway, getting slightly off topic there.. But I love finding these moments. When I saw your picture, I had just finished a drive through crazy peak traffic after a challenging teaching gig, and I actually did a long exhale without thinking about it, ha.

There's some unbelievable nature and scenery just outside of this crazy city (locations for the last Kong movie), so I'm going to finally arrange some time off to get to them asap.
Screenshot_20170924-195355.jpg

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
My phone was damaged after riding through a storm the other day, so this is the only photo I have at the moment, and it's not great quality, but I search these moments and places out now every day. I moved to Hanoi in May, and it's easy to get beat down by the pollution, insane traffic etc, but we are lucky to have a huge lake in the middle of the city (and countless smaller one's throughout other areas) where you can park up and avoid the madness for a bit. Not even a dengue fever outbreak can keep me away, ha.

I think growing up in a beautiful, small town with amazing beaches left me wanting the big city life and excitement, which I loved for years. The more hectic and crazy the better. It wasn't until about a year ago, at age 34 that subsided and turned around the other way. I don't mind it so much right now, but that's only because it's so different, riding a motorbike through weird and crazy areas so foreign to me. You see something interesting almost every time. If it was back in my home country though, I would be moving to a smaller town with nature surrounding it asap. Still though, I search these little oasis' out wherever and whenever I can, Chuck some nature sounds on my headphones, and write for at least an hour. Part of that writing be journaling including some things to be thankful for. Has worked really well and almost instantly changes my frame of mind.

It's probably the best practice I've done in my life. Things are never as bad as you imagine them to be. I just found out my housemate has started volunteering one evening a week to teach homeless street kids and orphans English. Some of the stories he told me that the kids told him (like, 6 year old kids looking after a disabled parent while pretty much living on the street etc) was a next level wakeup call. I'm going to volunteer as well, but, and it actually gives me pleasure to say this, there's actually no shortage of volunteer teachers, and actually a waiting list!

Anyway, getting slightly off topic there.. But I love finding these moments. When I saw your picture, I had just finished a drive through crazy peak traffic after a challenging teaching gig, and I actually did a long exhale without thinking about it, ha.

There's some unbelievable nature and scenery just outside of this crazy city (locations for the last Kong movie), so I'm going to finally arrange some time off to get to them asap.
View attachment 16478

Hanoi is an amazing city and I think I know where you are at. I have been around that lake. It is beautiful there. Yes it is madness, but there is much calm to be had in these spots and it is nice to reflect, relax, and let go. Fastlane is hard and you have to push through it all, but it certainly doesn't mean you can enjoy tranquility throughout it.

I hope you get your phone fixed. I would love to see more pictures. It has been a few since I been to Vietnam and would love to return. The food!! OMG. I will just have to enjoy it all through you for the time being.

Where I am at in Pismo Beach, it is a very small city. Small community. As far from big city life as I have been in a long time so this home is a shelter for me.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Not much to say but it was a beautiful morning out and I wanted to share. It is normally foggy.
View attachment 16465
Sorry these were taken through my front porch window so poor quality but still pretty.
View attachment 16466
Always worth reflecting on nature and beauty when you can.
Hey, i need to get that view ! Hope i will in the south of France, we got the same view in the hills ! I don't know where it is but it looks beautiful.
Actually, been able to get a view like this in the morning must be a reason to get up early, drink your coffee while enjoying the view, damn i need this.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Where's that thread where we all sent in a photo at the same time of where we were in the world?

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Hey, i need to get that view ! Hope i will in the south of France, we got the same view in the hills ! I don't know where it is but it looks beautiful.
Actually, been able to get a view like this in the morning must be a reason to get up early, drink your coffee while enjoying the view, damn i need this.

This is Central Coast California. Wine Country, small cities on a beach outside San Luis Obispo. It is called Pismo Beach and at one time was the clam capital of the world. Right now it is just a wonderful view. I bought it for the idea of having a haven, a cool morning with a cup of coffee and watching the whales. Today they whales are active and peaceful.

I love France, and used to go to Barcelona, Spain and into France often. Wonderful food, people, language, and the views there. OMG. This place is nothing as spectacular as in that region. You can most certainly get a view like this. Just takes creating value for millions and that is possible for anyone.

Where's that thread where we all sent in a photo at the same time of where we were in the world?

Andy, that sounds like an amazing thread. I say we do that again sometime actually.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Just takes creating value for millions and that is possible for anyone.
I see this quote everywhere, but my only plan is to build my clothes brand and my Coffee Shop/Espresso Bar business, which i would love to develop into a franchise, it could be a kind of "Slow Fastlane".
It would need my presence to develop my brand, the products and everything, but with the royalties you could live well, if you got many shops.
I can't sleep well these day, i'm full of thoughts, because it's a huge risks, either it work well and i can franchise it, or it work good but not at the franchiseable level, and i would stay in the slowlane..

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
I see this quote everywhere, but my only plan is to build my clothes brand and my Coffee Shop/Espresso Bar business, which i would love to develop into a franchise, it could be a kind of "Slow Fastlane".
It would need my presence to develop my brand, the products and everything, but with the royalties you could live well, if you got many shops.
I can't sleep well these day, i'm full of thoughts, because it's a huge risks, either it work well and i can franchise it, or it work good but not at the franchiseable level, and i would stay in the slowlane..

Fastlane is a little different for everyone. I think you are probably undervaluing your potential. I think there is great fastlane possibilities and you will be able to get that view.

I think the key to that peaceful sleep you might want is going to be in taking action on those thoughts. The fact you are losing sleep around all these concepts, ideas, fears, possibilities means you are ready for it!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Fastlane is a little different for everyone. I think you are probably undervaluing your potential. I think there is great fastlane possibilities and you will be able to get that view.

I think the key to that peaceful sleep you might want is going to be in taking action on those thoughts. The fact you are losing sleep around all these concepts, ideas, fears, possibilities means you are ready for it!
You're probably right, but you know i can't sleep right because i don't know where to go, in fact my concept would work so good in Paris, with all these bloggers/influencer that would write an articles on me, and then who know...
But in the other hand, i don't want to live in Paris, but in the South of France, it's so peaceful and full of opportunities too, but i do think it would take more time to be known rather than in Paris.
And that's why i can't sleep, because this ONE choice, is one of the big ONE i will make of my life.
Either i try to open as much as possible in Paris and then franchise it.
Either i try to open 2-3 in the South of France and then franchise it
> The difference is the population, in Paris everything is narrow, people live on top of each other, that's why it work so well.
In the South of France, it's much wider and difficult, but it's where i want to live.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
You're probably right, but you know i can't sleep right because i don't know where to go, in fact my concept would work so good in Paris, with all these bloggers/influencer that would write an articles on me, and then who know...
But in the other hand, i don't want to live in Paris, but in the South of France, it's so peaceful and full of opportunities too, but i do think it would take more time to be known rather than in Paris.
And that's why i can't sleep, because this ONE choice, is one of the big ONE i will make of my life.
Either i try to open as much as possible in Paris and then franchise it.
Either i try to open 2-3 in the South of France and then franchise it
> The difference is the population, in Paris everything is narrow, people live on top of each other, that's why it work so well.
In the South of France, it's much wider and difficult, but it's where i want to live.

My advice is this. If you want the life you really want to live in South France, put up with the pain in Paris a little longer because the leverage and speed you get in that city would be well worth it. Then you could be Unscripted faster. Time is the one thing that you can't get back, you shouldn't waste. So take advantage of Paris to accelerate your growth to get as much time as you can drinking coffee's and watching the sunrise or the sunset how you want to do it.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Wow, amazing view! Occasionally I go to forests high up in the mountains or just simply sit and listen to a flowing river and remind myself that no matter what choices I make this river will keep flowing the same way it does know. It's so relaxing, especially when you see a big city down the hill where everybody's hurrying, screaming at each other and running everywhere, lol - all of it seems so silly and stupid from up there, until you get down the hill, lol.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
My advice is this. If you want the life you really want to live in South France, put up with the pain in Paris a little longer because the leverage and speed you get in that city would be well worth it. Then you could be Unscripted faster. Time is the one thing that you can't get back, you shouldn't waste. So take advantage of Paris to accelerate your growth to get as much time as you can drinking coffee's and watching the sunrise or the sunset how you want to do it.
That's what i'm thinking too, but i can't convince myself that it's the best solutions..because i do think there is an opportunity in the south of france and i don't want to let it pass.. hope you understand.
I really need to take an action, for the clothing brand there is no problem because it's a question of hundreds of euros, not a big deal. But for the Coffee Shop, it's 50K Euros down payment and a 300k euros total investment. That's huge

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
That's what i'm thinking too, but i can't convince myself that it's the best solutions..because i do think there is an opportunity in the south of france and i don't want to let it pass.. hope you understand.
I really need to take an action, for the clothing brand there is no problem because it's a question of hundreds of euros, not a big deal. But for the Coffee Shop, it's 50K Euros down payment and a 300k euros total investment. That's huge

Only you can answer that question. I know what I would do but it might not be the right thing for you.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I know what I would do but it might not be the right thing for you.
What would you do if you were me ? You can always tell me, that can make me move forward you don't know

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
What would you do if you were me ? You can always tell me, that can make me move forward you don't know

As mentioned above refocus on the market with the highest ability to leverage growth. In your case Paris. If you are right about the opportunity in South France, then you will still be able to do it, but from an even stronger position with a powerful brand you built in Paris on top of it.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
As mentioned above refocus on the market with the highest ability to leverage growth. In your case Paris. If you are right about the opportunity in South France, then you will still be able to do it, but from an even stronger position with a powerful brand you built in Paris on top of it.
I Hope i'll make the right decision.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
The only wrong decision is to do nothing friend.
Thanks for your advice, one day i'll get the view you have in California.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Read The millionaire fastlane and post in that thread so you get it badged on your profile if you haven't already. It will also inform you about how to make a decision on something like this. There is also a gold thread here that you should read, about asking others here to help with your decision (I made the same mistake).

Hopefully reading the book clears things up so much you don't even need to do a decision analysis. If you want to start taking action now and be able to sleep at night, just start on the clothing idea that only costs a few hundred euro, start your own progress thread, and build it up slowly.

I'm not qualified yet to really give advice! But that's what I would do. Good luck, look forward to your progress thread, whichever one it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.