The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
Finished it a few weeks ago. Now I've made my fiancée read it. She's not experienced at English, so I'll have to help her understand a lot, but she still likes it.

Ronin5

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 9, 2015
Long Island, NY
Listened to the audio version of Unscripted . Loved the politically incorrect language and approach! I still prefer MJ's narration skills to this guy's but I understand why he wouldn't want to spend all that time doing this again. Book was just as good as TMF but gave a different perspective. Just noticed there is another book coming out and glad to hear it! Thanks MJ for giving us another no fluff no BS kick in the a$$!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Just read Unscripted right after finishing The Millionnaire Fastlane, I spent my whole week with these. I was impressed at how extensive MJ's analysis is, covering the whole process from scratch and all its different aspects, from psychology to execution. It is an amazing blueprint to start going through the process.

I was especially sensitive to MJ saying he's an introvert. A lot of qualities are required to start and run a business at which introverts are usually naturally weaker. Of course, it's all about growing and working to get better at it. It is comforting to know that MJ did it being one.

Once again, thank you and congratulations for the great work.

Gemmell

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 13, 2017
Scotland
Just finished the audiobook.

I was shocked when I noticed it was 17hrs long lmao. I sh*t you not I would walk the streets between 0-4am listening to it (if I didn't walk I would fall asleep xD) on my smartphone.

It was just as awesome as TMF . Would of been better if MJ narrated it like TMF but it was still great.

Thanks, MJ!

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Listened to Unscripted (on Audible), and have bought paper copies of it and FLM - to scribble all over Unscripted and catch up on FLM. Particularly enjoyed the end of Unscripted , helped really call out the wannabe in me (armchair expert) and caused me to reflect on the effort I have put in to someone else's millions.

Temporal prostitution is my new favorite phrase - just got to break the habit - but they say admitting the problem is a good first step for people with problems!

Nigel B

Life Long Learner
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Sep 18, 2017
USA
Just finished the audiobook.

I was shocked when I noticed it was 17hrs long lmao. I sh*t you not I would walk the streets between 0-4am listening to it (if I didn't walk I would fall asleep xD) on my smartphone.
Have you tried listening at more than 1X ? Audible allows up to 3X on Android (used to be less on Apple). Sounds manic when you first try, but you can gradually increase from 1.25 in quarter to half increments. Today I can listen to most narrators at 2X or more - depends on how fast they are. Always sounds weird for a second, then your brain tunes in. Twice or more the books in the same time - well worth it (makes even short journeys in the car worth listening).

surfer92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 17, 2016
Finished reading the book this morning. The second last chapter was quite good and interesting. It shows how to make your money work for you! Great book MJ and I have been recommending it to my friends! :D

Marcus Mimnagh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 1, 2017
USA
Hey MJ and The Fastlane Forum, I just finished this book today, while sitting at my desk, leading my Scripted lifestyle. Ever since reading The Millionaire Fastlane I've been actively kicking the script. When reading at work during my scripted lunch break, I consistently get heckled when I discuss nearly any topic that is in either of the books. I just shake my head and think to myself, "These people have no damn clue about what's going on in their lives." I digress, great book MJ; I'm thinking about teaching a small class based around your teachings in this book. Thanks again.

- Marcus

bkillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Sep 5, 2017
Rapid City SD
I just finished the audio book and loved it. The things covered in the book are helping me focus on what actually matters. It's definitely one I'll be listening to again... and again.

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
It's finally here :)
img20170922112240.jpg

Fukuokasan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jan 8, 2016
Spain
Read it! Very good reexplained.

Why dont you mention index funds as paycheck investment, because they dont pay the checks?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why dont you mention index funds as paycheck investment, because they dont pay the checks?

How much income does an index fund pay? What's the rent payment? Please read the chapter again!

Tessa Bannholzer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 22, 2017
Sparks NV
I read UNSCRIPTED . It is a great book. My husband and I each found it on Audible independent from each other. One day we were sitting at lunch and we both starter to recommend it to the other at the same time. Crazy right! I guess it's time for a change. I'm a mother of three girls ages 27, 16 & 13 yrs. I work for a company as a manger and over the past few years I've been reading more. I been struggling with the idea that I do all this work for my boss and making him rich, while he pays me by the hour. Then I stumble into UNSCRIPTED . Now I'm reading FASTLANE. It is changing the way I think. I've never thought of the cost of something in terms of how much time it will cost me. How many hours will I have to give up to charge this? Wow! I look your books. Thank you! More Please!

Huracan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Feb 2, 2016
Just finished reading it this weekend and loved it, even more so than the first book. Thank you MJ

Willing2Learn

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
United States
I just got done reading Unscripted . I have friends who can read fast and comprehend what they read. Me, I can read fast, but if I do, I don't comprehend anything, so I took my time to read the book. I bought the book over a week ago, and it took me about that same amount of time to read through it. I had no idea you had put it out! I came across it by accident I think. I was looking for something else, and when I saw you put out a second book, I bought it, because the first book was very good, and I knew that this book would be exactly what you said it would be. A standalone book, but still expanding on what was in the first book. I was satisfied with the purchase. :)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I re-read TMF , listened to TMF on audio book, and then read Unscripted .

Unscripted is like TMF on steroids. It just punches you straight in the face with solid, actionable advice and descriptions. I found the first half of the book to be a little bit difficult to get through. However, I think it serves its purpose to help first time readers and those who are new to the whole idea of providing value to the world. The rest of the book I didn't want to put down. It feels similar to TMF, but it is so much more fleshed out and advanced.

Just a great book. Thank you for writing this MJ.

As an aside I reread Rich Dad Poor dad right after reading Unscripted . I could hardly get though it, but I soldiered on and now want to get it off my bookshelf forever. I don't plan on ever reading it again.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
great follow up and not dependent upon the first book.

Thanks, I think that is why it took me so long to write, had (2) groups to write for: The first read TMF, and the second never read TMF. Looks like I'm hitting a lot of new readers who never read TMF, or skipped TMF due to the title.

Just finished reading it this weekend and loved it, even more so than the first book.

I thought so too! Thanks for sharing!

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Thanks, I think that is why it took me so long to write, had (2) groups to write for: The first read TMF, and the second never read TMF. Looks like I'm hitting a lot of new readers who never read TMF, or skipped TMF due to the title.

I thought so too! Thanks for sharing!

MJ are you going to write a book on options trading? Everyone says it is risky but I love paying poker and bacarrat. This might be up my alley...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.