The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does my Odd Idea have Any Potential?

MakeMoreMoves

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
May 19, 2015
How fast do these mushrooms grow?

As a kid, I was obsessed with reptile habitats and aquariums. So, if I saw something like this that I can put in with my pet frogs or lizards, I definitely would buy like other person said. As long as they are not toxic to my pets. Only con is if the bioluminescence is too strong, don't know if pets could get adequate shut eye. It would be a cool house plant.

I can definitely see a NOW This video on facebook on something like this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
How fast do these mushrooms grow?

As a kid, I was obsessed with reptile habitats and aquariums. So, if I saw something like this that I can put in with my pet frogs or lizards, I definitely would buy like other person said. As long as they are not toxic to my pets. Only con is if the bioluminescence is too strong, don't know if pets could get adequate shut eye. It would be a cool house plant.

I can definitely see a NOW This video on facebook on something like this.
They take a long time to grow and they are definitely not to bright so as to annoy pets. They aren't toxic and could definitely be introduced into a terrarium. Understand that the pics you see on the internet are all taken with long-exposure photography so the mushrooms don't look that bright in person.

The artificial ones that I've made are brighter and also non toxic, but still not so bright that they would screw with anyone's sleep.

I'm not sure what you mean about facebook since I don't use it.

Agree that terrariums and reptiles are fun:)

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
I'm just going to share something with you real quick since many of you were intrigued by the images shown in this thread.

I went back into the woods about 30 minutes ago to see if I could find anything glowing. I used the little flashlight on my Iphone to navigate back there and then shut the light off and to let my eyes adjust to the darkness.

Almost immediately, I noticed this eerie white glow emanating from a tree about 20 feet away. So cool. It must be some kind of bacteria or fungus growing inside of the tree. The strange thing is that the color is very unusual... all known bioluminescent fungi in the area are supposed to give off green light, not white.

Now I'm going to do some digging around to find out what the heck it is.

The point I'm making with this post is that this kind of light display is surprisingly common. If you want to view bioluminescence firsthand, just take a walk through the forest at night away from bright city lights and you may get lucky!

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
Edit: I personally don't like the attraction on a piece of property idea because that means people have to come to you and it's a small niche... and people are really lazy. I'm sure it'd do well online though.
disney land is an empire. done right this idea could be built into an empire too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Puppy

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 21, 2017
new york
there is a lot of talk about kits on this thread, i second @AaronTs thought. think high end. forget about a cheap mass market product, go for the exclusive market. the one that will spare no amount of money to have what no one else has.
the business owner who will pay anything to have such a display put in his office.
the person who will pay anything to have such a thing built in their home.
the parent who will pay anything to have a luminecent wonder land built for their child.
as a play space, or for a birthday party, or for a graduation or other special event.
there is a multi million dollar market here.

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm just going to say gone artist route... or at least use it as a lead in. Growing kits seems like a good idea.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.