The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are people buying this??

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
Hello guys

I came across this site Find A Unique Business Name With Novanym

This is some kind of brand selling. Whoever owns it just:
  • Thinks of some fancy name
  • Buys a domain
  • Creates a logo
  • Puts "brand domain" on sale
I know you can sell domains on various sites, but it's hard to sell some unknown domain.

These guys are having a different approach. They are selling name idea.

Do you think that anyone buys this stuff for +1.200.00 $ ????

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hello guys

• Buys a domain
  • Creates a logo
I know you can sell domains on various sites, but it's hard to sell some unknown domain.

I wouldn't do it, but I could see a funded SV-type startup dropping a few grand on a name they felt branded them well

In this episode of the Startup podcast, I think I remember them paying some crazy amount just for a firm to come up with the right name... or it might be that the firm normally charges a hefty fee, but waived it in this case for the publicity

https://gimletmedia.com/episode/5-how-to-name-your-company/

I think it's possible, but success is really going to depend on their selling strategy and ability to get in front of the right buyers who actually value these .coms

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Hello guys

• Buys a domain
  • Creates a logo

Absolutely, it's a great business model actually. I personally know of a big site who turns over millions a year in rev - Brand Bucket.

It's extremely hard these days to find a good brand name, available.com, along with available handles for twitter/snapchat/fb/instagram/pinterest, etc. If you can offer people great and brandable names and provide them the domain along with all of the social media handles (this is my idea, no one is doing it), people would most definitely pay premium price tags for it.

I think one of the most difficult and stressful parts of my business was coming up with a new name, available .com, nothing trademarked in North America and the available social media handles, it's nearly impossible unless you make up and invent some weird name. I would pay a huge premium for someone to take that stress away and speed up the process (even if it were a consultant helping me out as opposed to choosing from pre-defined names which these sites offer).

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

I'm sure, yeah.

Some people pay more than that for a brand concept/logo.

If someone is scrolling and see something that fits... I don't see why not.

Great site/business model.

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
Absolutely, it's a great business model actually. I personally know of a big site who turns over millions a year in rev - Brand Bucket.

It's extremely hard these days to find a good brand name, available.com, along with available handles for twitter/snapchat/fb/instagram/pinterest, etc. If you can offer people great and brandable names and provide them the domain along with all of the social media handles (this is my idea, no one is doing it), people would most definitely pay premium price tags for it.

I think one of the most difficult and stressful parts of my business was coming up with a new name, available .com, nothing trademarked in North America and the available social media handles, it's nearly impossible unless you make up and invent some weird name. I would pay a huge premium for someone to take that stress away and speed up the process (even if it were a consultant helping me out as opposed to choosing from pre-defined names which these sites offer).

I didn't find any information that these "brand/domain" names are trademarked. Do you think they also trademark it?

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
I didn't find any information that these "brand/domain" names are trademarked. Do you think they also trademark it?

They definitely don't trademark the names, it's a pricey and lengthy process to obtain one. In addition, buyers could be from anywhere around the world, how would they know what countries to trademark in? It wouldn't make any logical sense or benefit a business to offer trademarks with the domains/logos. The buyer should be doing the due diligence priority to purchasing.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yes.

Actually really like the idea because it is value add. $30 domain, $200 logo, and bam, $1,200 product.

noche

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Mar 17, 2017
Europe
There is another site @ Home

They also offer renting domains.. for example, brunchbowl.com costs $50 per month or $3.000 for purchase

It is a win-win situation, owner of domain gets paid and also the company takes 20%.

Awesome idea.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Wow, very cool site. I always make up names for my projects. If I can find one there that already has a cool logo, I would definitely consider buying.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
One of the domains there is sleepova dot com, and its logo has two people in a bed.

It would be interesting/funny if someone picks it up to launch an airbnb-type deal, but with only short term bed sharing (platonic). :)

The site would contain reviews like:

"she kept pulling the sheets all night, would not recommend. 2/5"

"he was a little stiff in the morning, but other than that it was quite comfortable. 4/5"

ExcelGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Aug 11, 2016
Waterloo, Ontario
It sounds a bit like people who develop a social media account to thousands of followers and then sell it.

I come up with what I think are great ideas all the time [emoji2] and I've considered doing this.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.