The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Probably first Bolivian member here.

StartToday

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Sep 22, 2017
Between Goku's strong thighs
Hey guys, my name is Claudio, I'm 24 years old and from Bolivia.

Decided to join the forum after reading The Millionaire Fastlane since I figured I could connect with people who see life in a similar way as I do.

Oh, I still remember the moment I realized the world had a system in which I didn't belong. It happened about 3 years ago when I took my first job as a paralegal for a corporate law firm (I'm a soon to be lawyer btw). I thought to myself "is this really all there is to life? working for someone else, spending 8 hours in an office with other people wearing fancy clothes, then spend another two hours commuting, leaving me with only about 4 hours to do things I truly enjoy before going to bed and start the grindfest tomorrow again".

Naturally, and only one week on the job, I started googling stuff like "how to retire early" and came across Mr. Money Mustache. His philosophy is basically saving over 50% of your salary and investing it in passive income such as real estate or index funds in order to become financially independent and retire after putting in 7 to 10 years of work for someone else. And you know, for a while this approach helped me deal with the recently discovered reality of being a caught up in a system. I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I quit that job after a month by the the way. I was earning less than minimum wage and my grades were taking serious damage due to lack of time. I also wanted to enjoy the little time I had left before I was forced to work again.

A year passed, and I decided to take another job as a paralegal for one of the biggest law firms in my country. It was a good opportunity, right? I was being paid minimum wage but I was learning a lot from top lawyers. They made me a lot of promises, too. They said I would be able to become a junior associate after 15 months if I proved my worth (this was part of the program they presented to me when I was first hired). Do you know what happened? They saw I was capable of doing a junior associate's work so I was doing such work but I was still getting paid the minimum wage. They refused to raise my salary because I didn't have my law degree yet, even though I was making good money for them. I was putting in about 60 - 70 billable hours a week for them, I was one of the few people capable of working in English but they didn't give a rat's behind. My work wasn't being valued while other colleagues were getting paid more and working less. And I wasn't going to get my law degree until March 2018 so I quit in December 2016.

A lot of people said I threw away a good opportunity, that I only had to be a little more patient. But I felt betrayed by the firm - for two years I gave them my blood and soul, all my free time and they gave me nothing in return.

I used all the money I earned from that job to pay my student loan so I was left with nothing but at least I was debt free.

Anyway, I don't want to make this too long. I already finished school and took another job at a law firm. Yes, I'll be making minimum wage at least until March 2018 and even then my salary will be miserable. To put things in perspective, $300 is the minimum wage.

So here, I am. With $0 in my bank account, starting this new job on Monday and making $300 a month once again...

But I came across The Millionaire Fastlane and I'm ready to take on this challenge. I can't let the system carry me any longer. It's time to take control of my own life.

I know I don't have it easy since I don't have any money and I would love to start an e-commerce business in the US (e-commerce is almost non-existent in Bolivia, there's no Amazon or eBay. Facebook may be the only decent platform for e-commerce) but first I need some capital to get me started so that will be my first objective.

I've been thinking about importing a certain product from the US and sell it here in Bolivia. It may not be a fastlane business but I need to raise capital. I have other ideas which I'll share with you soon.

Sorry for the long post. Maybe I said a lot of unnecessary stuff but I felt the need to let it all out so thank you for reading it.

Regards,
Claudio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...