The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Copywriting Contest... (RESULTS POSTED!)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
We had an international meeting of marketing minds this past weekend and the whole "No, I'm rich already" or "No, I know way more than you" or "No, I'm an a**hole" buttons are officially out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bigbaby

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Sep 3, 2017
Dallas, Texas
We had an international meeting of marketing minds this past weekend and the whole "No, I'm rich already" or "No, I know way more than you" or "No, I'm an a**hole" buttons are officially out.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By 'out' you mean observably detrimental to conversion, I presume? :)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
By 'out' you mean observably detrimental to conversion, I presume? :)

I'd guess it doesn't affect conversion one way or the other. But it does piss people off :hilarious:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
d9tUz2K.png

Version 2

Attachments

• v2.png
    v2.png
    748.4 KB · Views: 5

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
dPoE9P0.png

I had the second part as "you'll learn how to go unscripted instantly, for free."

Also had "you'll learn how to change your life instantly, for free."

Wasn't sure which one sounded better so left it as is.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you to everyone who posted.

OK so some feedback.

The challenge on this goes beyond just conversion.

It's trying to put something out there that is simplistic and not so cliche.

The guru "make money" clan has already beaten to death the trope of expensive cars, luxury houses, and expensive watches. I really don't want to stick my toe into that type of theme. It turns my stomach.

Some things I've learned in my experience:
1) The more words something has, the worse it converts.
2) Sell a direct benefit.
3) Be interesting or unique. The "Quit your job and live a dream!" seems effective, but it's been used 10,000X before and now it's tuned out.
4) The more busy something is, the less it converts. "Busy" could be busy pictures, buttons w/too many words, etc.

That said, I think there are maybe 2 or 3 here that could be qualified for the final round so I'll wait to see a few more.

Thanks again, I'm hoping we can all learn from this and see in real time what works, and what doesn't.

gostorm21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Sep 9, 2014
Messages Image(3501231305).jpeg

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
I wouldn't mention "script" or "unscripted " in the ad. People don't know what it means (yet) so it doesn't push any buttons for anyone except those who already know the book.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
I wouldn't mention "script" or "unscripted " in the ad. People don't know what it means (yet) so it doesn't push any buttons for anyone except those who already know the book.
funny it pushed me to read it , it's kinda interesting and ambiguous which will push the need to figure out what is it this script that governs your life -just my point of view-

G

Guest24480

"Flip the script" is a common idiom in the English language, so people will understand the general premise. The mystery of "what is this script" will get them to click through.

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
An entry from one very non-creative type. Simple and to the point speaks to my logical side.Copywriting contest.PNG

OmarLopez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 9, 2017
México
"Flip the script" is a common idiom in the English language, so people will understand the general premise. The mystery of "what is this script" will get them to click through.

I think that the point c4n is trying to make, as Mj said before, is that we only have about three seconds to catch the readers attention.

Knowing this, we have to use words that are simple to as many people as possible, yet powerful enough to cause a reaction on anyone.

For me, the word unscripted did not have much of a meaning before reading the book.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
funny it pushed me to read it , it's kinda interesting and ambiguous which will push the need to figure out what is it this script that governs your life -just my point of view-

The thing is you have read the book so you already knew the meaning. Or did it push you to read it before you knew about Unscripted ?

I think that the point c4n is trying to make, as Mj said before, is that we only have about three seconds to catch the readers attention...

There is only one way to be sure; test it and see what works.

Don't want to hijack the thread, just wanted to share my thoughts.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some nice ones! If anyone has any they'd like to submit, do so soon as I am gonna start evaluating the 4 candidates.

SM Switi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Jul 11, 2017
The thing is you have read the book so you already knew the meaning. Or did it push you to read it before you knew about Unscripted ?
I read the book to know the meaning of script/Unscripted , it sounded interesting , ambiguous and something am not aware of, so the curiosity bug inside of my brain hit

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.