The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

Rieper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 25, 2017
France
I've read UNSCRIPTED . Loved it. Cleared my mind on how I want to go Fastlane, and reinforced my ideas. Exactly what I needed. Thank you MJ.

Boab

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
Read it and loved it. It woke me up to how I have been chasing money and action faking when thinking of business.

Add value and take action all the way

AG356

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
599%
Apr 19, 2015
Halfway through it and I recognized that I truly missed your special style of writing. A pleasurable change to the average "I hope I don't trigger a special snowflake" styles you come across these days in 9/10 blog posts and newly published books.

I can't even imagine how pissed some people are going to be which are unaware of the whole concept and found this book "by accident". I just have to giggle thinking about it lol. Well done!

H. Palmer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 12, 2011
Fastlane Metro

bugsybunny

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 2, 2016
After finishing UNSCRIPTED last night after not being able to put it down, it is hard to describe the emotions I experienced.

I felt a sense of clarity last night.
Today, a slight sense of fear.

Thank you so much for writing this much needed book, MJ!

Thank you for emphasizing DOING rather than just TALKING about doing.
Thank you for pointing out the flaws of wantrepreneurs
Thank you for clearing up the misconception of failure and emphasizing the process principle (not comparing yourself to others, and the misery that follows)

You are an amazing individual.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rocketgt

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Dec 28, 2015
Honolulu
I finished the audiobook version today. At first I was disappointed that MJ didn't narrate this one himself. This Scott Thomas guy is definitely a professional, though. You can tell by the way he repeatedly says "F*ck this event" without getting embarrassed.

Kareen

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 21, 2017
Northern Virginia
hello all,

I have finished unscripted and im feeling excited to start my journey today moving forward. Im a little anxious about where to start and I honestly feel an urge to go back and re-read some chapters to touch up on the knowledge I may have missed. Once I reached the end of the book I realized that there is no secret to success, there is no get rich quick scheme. It is all about creating value and solving a problem. I am not waiting around for the greatest idea but I want to make sure Im not wasting my time trying out anything just for experience. Thank you for this book MJ!

EricBraco

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 15, 2017
Los Angeles, Ca
I've read UNSCRIPTED .

This book truly opened my eyes. The biggest golden nugget for me is Value Skew marketing. There is no get rich quick scheme. I've already recommended this book to three people. My life begins now.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've read UNSCRIPTED .

This book truly opened my eyes. The biggest golden nugget for me is Value Skew marketing. There is no get rich quick scheme. I've already recommended this book to three people. My life begins now.

Thanks for the feedback, BTW, that is me on Instagram.

petteri

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 25, 2017
Helsinki
Listened Unscripted on Audible. Today got the paper version also on my nightstand. Listening audiobooks works for me at least.

Tip! Don't just "waste" your time while moving the lawn, but listen the Unscripted (or what ever book you prefer) and you hit two flies at once. I actually listened 80% of the unscripted while moving the lawn. Those earmuffs are not comfortable with the headphones. ;) <-- Problem to be solved?

But yeah, I've listened Unscripted . (Still like TMF to be more hands on concept)

G

Guest06196

First time heard about the incoming book in Feb 2017. Alright. I've listened to TMF twice. TMF is already a masterpiece. There is no other book in this field that can impress me. Hey, is this book going to be like the endless sequels that follow a best seller? I'm not sure I can trust the positive reviews on Amazon. I admire MJ so even if the second book were a flop I'd still give him a good rating anyway.

..............................................................................................

In UNSCRIPTED , MJ seems to be telling me what mistakes I've been making so far this year. And s*** how did he find out I'm only chasing money and wanting to find what hot products other users on this forum are selling? At least I didn't ask these questions directly alright. I only wait for other people to ask. That makes me a much nicer member. At least above average.

..............................................................................................

Wait a sec, the book seems to have a lot of answers to the questions I got after reading TMF. f*** why didn't I purchase the book with the audio version. Now I have to spend a couple more bucks without the package price but I NEED A COPY OF THIS BOOK! Bought the Kindle copy.

Chapter 35 Value Skew
Now I understand why successful entrepreneurs always have a Midas touch and I can improve my touch simply by these specific ways of thinking! I need to take a note and put it on my phone so I can commit these points to my memory.

Chapter 38 Action-faking
MJ is spot on again. I have tried so hard since reading TMF. I had to get up at 4 in the morning just to squeeze a few best hours before I sell my time to a 9-5 job. I didn't realize I've been action-faking. Bought and watched so many lessons on Udemy. Bought and finished a lot more books on Amazon & Audible after TMF. They are all good books dealing with practical issues like sales but I haven't had the chance to use the skills. I don't even have a product to do cold calling yet I've read about 10 books in sales. WTH?

Paper copy was purchased after buying audiobook and the kindle book. As a booklover I've purchased around 1,000 books over the years. Due to constant moving (next move in 1 month's), I've been through cycles of buying, recycling, or donating all these books. Imagine the struggle for a booklover, not to mention most of them are imported either from the US or the UK. Finally I vowed not to purchase any paper book again and achieved paper-book-free nirvana. But there is so much to learn from this book and a paper copy, with all the texts staying in the same position, aides memory. Seriously MJ's wisdom is condensed in this book and I have to break my vow, just like priests and nuns sometimes do anyway.

MJ says he has a six-pack now. OK I'll increase my daily sit-ups to 100. (Executed and ongoing.)
MJ mentioned an annual summit for the forum? I need to find out more. (Found an announcement by MJ. My best wishes to his health. I want to thank him face to face once I've got my successful fastlane so please take care.)
MJ says he did a podcast with Pat Flynn. I need to download and listen to it. (Executed. MP3 file stored in my encripted online vault.)

As the title puts it perfectly: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship, this book is for entrepreneurs. UNSCRIPTED is your Army Special Forces Guide in the Desert of Desertion, the next best thing to having MJ in person with you.

I don't know if MJ will understand how much I appreciate his books and this forum. The knowledge saves me a lot of time and provides tons of guidance. For the first time I'm more confident than ever, thanks to MJ!

WIN_20170823_08_40_13_Pro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EricBraco

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 15, 2017
Los Angeles, Ca
First time heard about the incoming book in Feb 2017. Alright. I've listened to TMF twice. TMF is already a masterpiece. There is no other book in this field that can impress me. Hey, is this book going to be like the endless sequels that follow a best seller? I'm not sure I can trust the positive reviews on Amazon. I admire MJ so even if the second book were a flop I'd still give him a good rating anyway.

In UNSCRIPTED , MJ seems to be telling me what mistakes I've been making so far this year. And s*** how did he find out I'm only chasing money and wanting to find what hot products other users on this forum are selling? At least I didn't ask these questions directly alright. I only wait for other people to ask. That makes me a much nicer member. At least above average.

Wait a sec, the book seems to have a lot of answers to the questions I got after reading TMF. f*** why didn't I purchase the book with the audio version. Now I have to spend a couple more bucks without the package price but I NEED A COPY OF THIS BOOK! Bought the Kindle copy.

Chapter 35 Value Skew
Now I understand why successful entrepreneurs always have a Midas touch and I can improve my touch simply by these specific ways of thinking! I need to take a note and put it on my phone so I can commit these points to my memory.

Chapter 38 Action-faking
MJ is spot on again. I have tried so hard since reading TMF. I had to get up at 4 in the morning just to squeeze a few best hours before I sell my time to a 9-5 job. I didn't realize I've been action-faking. Bought and watched so many lessons on Udemy. Bought and finished a lot more books on Amazon & Audible after TMF. They are all good books dealing with practical issues like sales but I haven't had the chance to use the skills. I don't even have a product to do cold calling yet I've read about 10 books in sales. WTH?

Paper copy was purchased after buying audiobook and the kindle book. As a booklover I've purchased around 1,000 books over the years. Due to constant moving (next move in 1 month's), I've been through cycles of buying, recycling, or donating all these books. Imagine the struggle for a booklover, not to mention most of them are imported either from the US or the UK. Finally I vowed not to purchase any paper book again and achieved paper-book-free nirvana. But there is so much to learn from this book and a paper copy, with all the texts staying in the same position, aides memory. Seriously MJ's wisdom is condensed in this book and I have to break my vow, just like priests and nuns sometimes do anyway.

MJ says he has a six-pack now. OK I'll increase my daily sit-ups to 100. (Executed and ongoing.)
MJ mentioned an annual summit for the forum? I need to find out more. (Found an announcement by MJ. My best wishes to his health. I want to thank him face to face once I've got my successful fastlane so please take care.)
MJ says he did a podcast with Pat Flynn. I need to download and listen to it. (Executed. MP3 file stored in my encripted online vault.)

As the title puts it perfectly: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship, this book is for entrepreneurs. UNSCRIPTED is your Army Special Forces Guide in the Desert of Desertion, the next best thing to having MJ in person with you.

I don't know if MJ will understand how much I appreciate his books and this forum. The knowledge saves me a lot of time and provides tons of guidance. For the first time I'm more confident than ever (even though just experienced a flop in dropshipping). A near-40 man, who has very little and can only afford renting a living room at the moment, is convinced he still has a shot, thanks to MJ!

View attachment 16027
Damn brother that is a solid post! It's never too late to get a piece of the pie and find happiness, just have to get out there and try. Great read

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ says he has a six-pack now.

Ha Ha, uh, no. There was a time during my early writing journey (it was nearly 3 years ago) that I did have one. Things in the realm of health and energy haven't been well in the last few years and as such, that claim to fame is gone, although I do believe, reclaimable.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Listened to it on Audible a couple of times. Funny how certain things I only heard on the second time around. Actually have a hard copy on the way as I want to be able to mark it up, highlight, and add notes.

Paul Schuyler

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Aug 7, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Read it (twice), and counting. Actually I have the Audiobook version as well, pretty much on a constant loop in one or both ears. In the car, around the house, while doing exercise, while working on stuff, even while on the shitter. It's outstanding, a great accomplishment. Any funny. As hell. Thank you!

Driven28

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 22, 2008
Citizen of the World
Just finished UNSCRIPTED on Kindle/Audible.

Great stuff @MJ DeMarco -- I see you weren't gunning for brevity, especially with your rants about the script. But I appreciate it nonetheless.

Any teen or twenty something who gets their hands on this book and truly wraps their young brain around it, could very well save themselves 20 years of bashing their skull against the concrete walls that were conveniently placed there by their scripted parents and the rest of society.

Last edited:

Koen_88

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 6, 2017
Netherlands
Just finished unscriptedon audible during my commute, loved it! goes quite deep and because I was on my bike or in my car or in the gym listening to it I feel like I missed some depth with not watching the PDF's. So now on chapter 13 in the hardcopy book at home!

after TMF and Unscripted I've got a more focussed goal (what) ,only the how is what i will have to keep working on. Thx @MJ DeMarco

(and left a review on amazon)

Last edited:
G

Guest3722A

I read it and loved it. Thanks for writing it the way you did. It gives me a lot to think about and I also want to add a thanks for all that you've done.

Inos

omg tmf ftw
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 23, 2017
Prague, Czech republic
The ad for Unscripted popped up on my Kindle just as I was about to get into dividend stocks to BUILD wealth. The book truly is an eye opener, it shifted my mindset from chasing money to finding ways to provide value.

Bugs Bunny

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 18, 2017
Sunnyvale CA
I am bit disappointed with this book. There is a lot of overlap with the first book. The first book was excellent. I read only the 36 pages free download version. I don't know if this book contains anything new from the first book.

I am now reading the entire book. I am in the middle of the book. The first golden nugget is the sequence of steps he provides where he talks about daily target, finding blockers to hitting your daily target.

The section on soft proof and hard proof is very good.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.