The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi from Middle Europe

Laketekapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 16, 2017
Middle Europe
Hi, I am a woman with background in HR, currently trying to figure out how to leave the 5-for-2 system and still provide value for others. I left HR as I didn't like the support role and wanted to be able to influence the core business. Then I started a business in photography, but I traded my love of photography for money which resulted in loss of love for photography. I decided to learn more about business and accepted a role in product development, however that has not worked out as I had expected. There is little opportunity to learn and execute my ideas. My contract will end in 4 months, so I have 4 months to figure out the right direction in my life. I have just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and realized I have been applying the slowlane thinking for most of my life. I've decided to change it and that is why I'm here, to join like-minded people and get some inspiration for action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Then I started a business in photography, but I traded my love of photography for money which resulted in loss of love for photography.

Sorry to hear this, but other people need to see this. This is why I am so vocal about "do what you love."

I have just finished reading The Millionaire Fastlane and realized I have been applying the slowlane thinking for most of my life. I've decided to change it and that is why I'm here, to join like-minded people and get some inspiration for action.

The key to everything you want lies in the value array. (You'll find that in Unscripted .)

Welcome to the forum.

buildingbetter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Aug 20, 2017
UK
Hello! Welcome to the forum. I've only recently joined too. Do you have an idea of what kind of business you want to start or are you still figuring that out?

Laketekapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 16, 2017
Middle Europe
Hello. I am an entrepreneur for 7 years having created businesses from zero, today i work with 3 free online businesses, 14 members in my team and growing, a growing weekly income, creating solid business relationships and inspiration. I would like us to connect and share experience. Looking forward, have a good day.
Hi @alexluna , very inspiring introduction :). I wish I was as far as you...Well, that is why I'm here, to learn and hopefully return back one day. Have a great day!
Hello! Welcome to the forum. I've only recently joined too. Do you have an idea of what kind of business you want to start or are you still figuring that out?
Hi, thank you. Unfortunately, the latter. I started with learning a lot about business in general, mainly from books (e.g. Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman) and podcasts etc. as I had felt I lacked information in many areas. Then, I continued with correcting my mindset and the last but one step is to figure out where exactly I can bring some value, followed with realization. I've just made an agreement with a friend of mine to be mutually supportive and check each other's progress regularly on weekly basis.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Welcome! @Laketekapo , I am in HR as well with my fastlane adventures.
At least in the US, HR has been moving towards a strategic role in many organizations, it's interesting to hear that in Europe it is still considered a support function. That gives me lots of things to think about regarding my own business.

kamil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 12, 2011
Poland
I've followed a business which I think was too hard. I made my life a constant struggle barely making money for myself. Now I understand that I chose a wrong partner. I should stick more with decision making. As MJ is writing in unscripted don't follow short living trend cause it can bite you. That's how it bit me for 6 years. Now after working on a side gig I have enough money to stop doing this life sucking business and restart where my competitions are. An approach 'I can learn anything' was killing me. Better will be 'base on what you are good at and add to this'.

Laketekapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 16, 2017
Middle Europe
Welcome! @Laketekapo , I am in HR as well with my fastlane adventures.
At least in the US, HR has been moving towards a strategic role in many organizations, it's interesting to hear that in Europe it is still considered a support function. That gives me lots of things to think about regarding my own business.
Hi @becks22 , thank you. Well, I cannot speak on behalf of HR people neither in my country nor in Europe in general, moreover it's been a while since I left HR. But my impression is that the perception of HR as a support role prevails. Can you specify the area of your adventures a bit? Like developing an HR app or similar?

Laketekapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 16, 2017
Middle Europe
I've followed a business which I think was too hard. I made my life a constant struggle barely making money for myself. Now I understand that I chose a wrong partner. I should stick more with decision making. As MJ is writing in unscripted don't follow short living trend cause it can bite you. That's how it bit me for 6 years. Now after working on a side gig I have enough money to stop doing this life sucking business and restart where my competitions are. An approach 'I can learn anything' was killing me. Better will be 'base on what you are good at and add to this'.
Hi Kamil, I get your point. I agree with the 'base', on the other side, how do you know what you are good at when you haven't tried it yet?

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Hi @becks22 , thank you. Well, I cannot speak on behalf of HR people neither in my country nor in Europe in general, moreover it's been a while since I left HR. But my impression is that the perception of HR as a support role prevails. Can you specify the area of your adventures a bit? Like developing an HR app or similar?

Ahh I understand. There are not a lot of people in HR on the forum so I always like to keep tracking of anyone who mentions experience in HR. In the US, HR is starting to move towards strategic operations and many HR professionals are now learning how to create HR programs that maximize profits and are in line with an organizations long term goals. I am creating a system that will help HR professionals complete certain HR functions through my service. I already have an existing HR business that specializes in recruiting so I am attempting to grow that. It's a little hard to explain without providing too much detail but I hope it will connect many HR points together to help smaller companies that don't want to focus so much on HR. I'm still learning as I go so it will probably change directions as I grow and develop it.

kamil

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 12, 2011
Poland
Hi Kamil, I get your point. I agree with the 'base', on the other side, how do you know what you are good at when you haven't tried it yet?
First of all from my own experience I see how dividing yourself is a bad thing. What I mean is what entrepreneurs say wearing different hats (doing marketing, account etc.) but pushed to the limits. Trying to fix machines, handle development of an internet app, doing seo, handling all import situations, running to the warehouse, working on the production line. At the end, you're burned out. You work like all time and well there is no money. What I'm trying to say is that money is everywhere. Before you move forward to some direction look at the opportunities for earning in this direction (once again MJ talked about this in his ultra ultra awesome book Unscripted - yeah I really like this book so much). After all those years I see in what I'm good at and where I want to go. Basically, I divided my idea of the future path into two elements. The first one is to have money for living and trying to make this element as small as possible. What do I mean? Works as little as possible to have money for living and...well working on the second element. The second element is a topic allowing me to get into the fast lane which MJ is talking about. I tried working two 8h works but it doesn't work for me (add commuting time). I prefer to use my knowledge so serving other companies and earn money without all the overhead of a production company.
I know that I haven't written any easy path for you. It's rather thinking about 'ok what I have - tools wise' and 'what I need to know'. First direct your thoughts into 'be helpful' to the extent that others will start paying you for your helpfulness and then as soon as possible, outsource. Multiplicate yourself don't try to do work by yourself, push yourself into what you need to do - selling. That's my few cents for you.

Laketekapo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 16, 2017
Middle Europe
Ahh I understand. There are not a lot of people in HR on the forum so I always like to keep tracking of anyone who mentions experience in HR. In the US, HR is starting to move towards strategic operations and many HR professionals are now learning how to create HR programs that maximize profits and are in line with an organizations long term goals. I am creating a system that will help HR professionals complete certain HR functions through my service. I already have an existing HR business that specializes in recruiting so I am attempting to grow that. It's a little hard to explain without providing too much detail but I hope it will connect many HR points together to help smaller companies that don't want to focus so much on HR. I'm still learning as I go so it will probably change directions as I grow and develop it.
Sounds cool, good luck with your business! Even though I worked in many areas of HR, I prefer to step outside and move somewhere else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...