The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you do if you CANNOT get a Job ?

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Just asking what would you do in the worst situation you cannot get a job?

what kind of hustles would you do if you have 0$ and cannot get a job ?

would you ask for alms in the street ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Just asking what would you do in the worst situation you cannot get a job?

what kind of hustles would you do if you have 0$ and cannot get a job ?

would you ask for alms in the street ?
I don't understand the question. Do you need ideas to make money to support yourself?

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
I don't understand the question. Do you need ideas to make money to support yourself?

Something like that but I'm not in the worst case scenario. Just asking what hustles you would do in that case

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Something like that but I'm not in the worst case scenario. Just asking what hustles you would do in that case
There are several good hustling threads here. Go find them.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
If I had absolutely nothing, and was young, I would join the US military, then use the GI bill to go to college. It's not Fastlane, but it would keep me out of jail, while I accumulated some money. If I was in the military, I would get the highest security clearance as possible, since they are worth a lot to contracting companies.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
If I had absolutely nothing, and was young, I would join the US military, then use the GI bill to go to college. It's not Fastlane, but it would keep me out of jail, while I accumulated some money. If I was in the military, I would get the highest security clearance as possible, since they are worth a lot to contracting companies.

That's exactly what I did. It may or may not be a good choice.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
Isn't army a job?

Anyways... probably something like this
iu

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Isn't army a job?

Anyways... probably something like this
iu

Yes, the Army is a job, but the military in general will train you as much as you want to be trained, often in things that are very expensive in the private sector. Several of my uncles went from poor farm-boys to Naval aviators. Security clearances are common in the military, but non-military it takes $100k and several years waiting. A friend of mine was a Navy SEAL in the 80s, and the first thing they said was, "Pay attention, because we are going to spend $5M training each of you." The military can help you a lot, but if you don't do what they say, they will absolutely crush you.

G

GuestUser450

Can you offer anyone anywhere anything of value?

If not, you could always be a guru. Google '200 ways to make money online', then scrape that content and shovel it into 7 emails. Run traffic to an opt-in page giving away the mini course and build a list of people to sell affiliate garbage to.

Or you could be an 'influencer' and make videos about how everyone is actively trying to destroy you, the market is rigged, the invisible hand is holding you down, how you had a hard childhood, suffer from a touch of every disorder under the sun, get a dna test, find out where your great great grand pappy came from, slap that label on yourself, join a coalition and wait for adsense to drown you in riches.

Or...

Go door to door downtown and offer to clean something.

"$25 from petty cash and I'll make your windows pristine. Pay only if you're 100% satisfied."

It takes you 20 minutes, that's $75/hour.

Hustle and you can land 5-10 jobs a day.

You'll have a full 8 hours worth of work (25 jobs) by the end of your first week, then hire a friend so you can just focus on sales and keep pounding pavement.

You pay your buddy $9/hour, which means you clear $20 per job for yourself, or $550 a day, rinse and repeat.

Replace window washing with anything, garage sale arbitrage, pc repair, whatever. Adjust as necessary. What's the best job you're looking at now, pushing paper around for 30k? It sure as hell beats that.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Someone (@AllenCrawley maybe) in a hustler thread mentioned going door to door installing peepholes for $25/each. Sounds like a good start.

And NO I wouldn't beg for money. That's pathetic.

Last edited:

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I've always been in the opposite situation... I wouldn't know what to do if I had to get a job. I guess I'd cry.

The saying is true. When you get sick and tired of being sick and tired.......

You will figure out a hustle to do. The first one probably won't be the best or last one but you will learn from it.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
Can you offer anyone anywhere anything of value?

If not, you could always be a guru. Google '200 ways to make money online', then scrape that content and shovel it into 7 emails. Run traffic to an opt-in page giving away the mini course and build a list of people to sell affiliate garbage to.

Or you could be an 'influencer' and make videos about how everyone is actively trying to destroy you, the market is rigged, the invisible hand is holding you down, how you had a hard childhood, suffer from a touch of every disorder under the sun, get a dna test, find out where your great great grand pappy came from, slap that label on yourself, join a coalition and wait for adsense to drown you in riches.

Or...

Go door to door downtown and offer to clean something.

"$25 from petty cash and I'll make your windows pristine. Pay only if you're 100% satisfied."

It takes you 20 minutes, that's $75/hour.

Hustle and you can land 5-10 jobs a day.

You'll have a full 8 hours worth of work (25 jobs) by the end of your first week, then hire a friend so you can just focus on sales and keep pounding pavement.

You pay your buddy $9/hour, which means you clear $20 per job for yourself, or $550 a day, rinse and repeat.

Replace window washing with anything, garage sale arbitrage, pc repair, whatever. Adjust as necessary. What's the best job you're looking at now, pushing paper around for 30k? It sure as hell beats that.

Thank you so much! Genius ideas to put into action!

but really people fall for that kind of money making course? LOL and after you made the email list you just send them affiliate offers?

also for affiliate stuff I was thinking of making a facebook group, giving people something of value for lead magnet (email )+ get people into the group to share things and affiliate links.. can It be good strategy?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I'd get a job. Any job. It's almost impossible not to be able to get a job if you're willing to work for minimum wage.

But let's say, in some crazy scenario, that it's completely impossible... then I'd take unemployment/welfare/food stamps.

Those programs were created (originally) to help people when they're down on their luck.

No shame in buying more time as I continue looking for a job.

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV

but really people fall for that kind of money making course? LOL and after you made the email list you just send them affiliate offers?

also for affiliate stuff I was thinking of making a facebook group, giving people something of value for lead magnet (email )+ get people into the group to share things and affiliate links.. can It be good strategy?
Woahhhh hold on man! Let's back track for a second. We were just talking about a fictitious improbable scenario in which it was IMPOSSIBLE to get a job. We're talking zombie Apocalypse or nuclear war here. Other than this, it's never "impossible" to get a job.. Why don't you tell us what your situation really is so when can help and offer realistic solutions?

This forum is one of the few that is actually legit for entrepreneurs instead of feeding them delusional fantasies on how to make quick bucks without putting in the work.

Maybe I don't understand your situation correctly, but here's how I see it. I just moved to the States and my diplomas / experience is not worth much here. I literally had to take a job flipping burgers and other gigs 6days/week while I'm building my business at night. So once again, why don't you tell us what's really happening?

Last edited:
G

GuestUser450

Good Lord did I just become a guru? Bro, there was only one real idea there, I was being facetious. Don't scam people. Offer something real, please.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
ive applied for a job at a bakery that rejected me because i have no experience (minimum wage) not being to get a job is a very real thing..

also gave a reference where my previous employers would vouch for me saying im a good worker...

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
ive applied for a job at a bakery that rejected me because i have no experience (minimum wage) not being to get a job is a very real thing..

also gave a reference where my previous employers would vouch for me saying im a good worker...

Not being able to get *that one* job is a real thing.

Not beeing able to get *any* job is another.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

25 yo applying for an entry level job in a bakery. Maybe they said that just so as not to hurt your feelings.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
If I had absolutely no money and couldn't sell a product for someone else, I'd sell used electronics. I did that for a few months last year and when I began, most people were giving them to me for free. They didn't see the value in damaged items but I knew there was a market. With the cash rolling in, I continued buying and identified other items that could be bought for little and sold high.

It'll pay the bills but it's a lot of work.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
You CAN'T or You DON'T WANNA get a job?

Remember: Slowlane is a mindset. Having a job doesn't mean you're a slowlaner if you've a mindset of a fastlaner.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Good Lord did I just become a guru? Bro, there was only one real idea there, I was being facetious. Don't scam people. Offer something real, please.

You could sell him a course on how to sell courses :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
people that sell courses online are the entrepreneur version of mosquitos

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
people that sell courses online are the entrepreneur version of mosquitos

It depends on what courses they're selling and how. If it's a guy like MJ selling a course on how to write best-selling books, I would buy it if I was into book writing and I am damn sure the course would be beneficial.

However, the market is saturated with guys who are self-proclaimed gurus. Guys who are broke and trying to sell courses on how to get rich. These are mosquitoes who deserve to be sprayed with fire.

Differentiate between a mosquito and a hornet my friend, lol.

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
I graduated from College (University here) and couldn't find a job so I created my own. It literally forced me into the Fastlane! Of course back then the Fastlane for me was full of speed bumps but that's the way you learn!

Bytesunfish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Jun 6, 2016
Fresno CA
I'm a firm believer that everyone can find a job, but let's say a steady job wasn't in the cards...

Contact temp agencies, construction companies, landscaping services, etc. For food, volunteering at homeless shelters usually can net you a free meal yourself. Community gardens, churches, etc. can help as well. Lodging doesn't really have a good solution. I've been told that some churches have places, but you're better off finding a friend and offering to help out around the property while pitching in what you can. I'm not sure if you're looking for something to keep you off the streets or a basis for your fastlane. If you're looking for what job can you start with zero money, you're going to have a hard time and it will likely be labor based (carpet cleaning, handyman, landscaping, etc.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.