The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having massive struggles finding the way to becoming rich

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
The language you use is so telling of your mindset.

I see my past self in your post.

If I could go back in time, i'd tell myself this.

Read:

The Dip - Seth Godin
So Good They Can't Ignore You - Cal Newport
The War of Art - Steven Pressfield

and of course, TMF & Unscripted .

AND, one of my favourite videos that I haven't linked in TOOOO long.

Keep at it brother.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I am learn property investing,

Why?

day trading,

Why?

freelancing,

Why?

entrepreneurship,

Why?

value investing in shares.

Why?

Seriously, why are you studying these things?

Is it because you heard somewhere that owning real estate, or day trading, or freelancing, or "be your own boss", or the Graham/Buffett method was a good way to make money?

Shouldn't your "why" extend beyond "make money"?

Think about the last time you bought something. Why did you buy it? Was it simply to altruistically give the business owner your money? I doubt it.

Or was it because whatever you purchased filled a need or desire for you? I bet it was.

The transaction then is "your money in exchange for your need being filled"

If you want to be a producer (the point of fastlane IMO), then you need to get on the other side of that transaction.

So reverse it: the other side of that transaction would be "filling people's needs in exchange for their money"

Being on the other side of that transaction therefore ISN'T "how do I make money?"

Instead, being on the other side of that transaction IS "how do I fill a need in exchange for people's money?"

TL;DR

Read both the books and give yourself time to understand the mindset.

Welcome to the forum!

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Is it because you heard somewhere that owning real estate, or day trading, or freelancing, or "be your own boss", or the Graham/Buffett method was a good way to make money?

Think about the last time you bought something. Why did you buy it? Was it simply to altruistically give the business owner your money? I doubt it.

Or was it because whatever you purchased filled a need or desire for you? I bet it was.

If you want to be a producer (the point of fastlane IMO), then you need to get on the other side of that transaction.

So reverse it: the other side of that transaction would be "filling people's needs in exchange for their money"

Being on the other side of that transaction therefore ISN'T "how do I make money?"

Instead, being on the other side of that transaction IS "how do I fill a need in exchange for people's money?"

TL;DR

Welcome to the forum!
Why property investing? It's very easy to understand and will help me reach my goals of financial freedom which is at least 80k per annum after tax

Why day trading? I am searching to do something I really love and this seems close, ovbiously money is a factor but it seems genuinely fun so far. F

Why freelancing? Similar reason to help me get more of an income

Why entrepreneurship? I want to become my own boss, make money, and love the idea of owning my own business it feels like a real accomplishment in life that I built a successful business.

Why value investing? I have no idea anymore I can't even remember how it popped into my head but it was for financial freedom aswell but realized lately it doesn't make much sense nor is it realistic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
The language you use is so telling of your mindset.

I see my past self in your post.

If I could go back in time, i'd tell myself this.

Read:

The Dip - Seth Godin
So Good They Can't Ignore You - Cal Newport
The War of Art - Steven Pressfield

and of course, TMF & Unscripted .

AND, one of my favourite videos that I haven't linked in TOOOO long.

Keep at it brother.
Thanks.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

TL;DR

Welcome to the forum!
Also this really got me thinking "Think about the last time you bought something. Why did you buy it? Was it simply to altruistically give the business owner your money? I doubt it.

Very true, I think I am starting to think along the lines of solving peoples problems instead of just generating cash.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why bother asking the question?

You guys are too patient. OP is not looking for answers to questions, he's looking for a million dollar check. And if you give him one, he wants you to go to the bank and cash it.
Why property investing? It's very easy to understand and will help me reach my goals of financial freedom which is at least 80k per annum after tax

Why day trading? I am searching to do something I really love and this seems close, ovbiously money is a factor but it seems genuinely fun so far. F

Why entrepreneurship? I want to become my own boss, make money, and love the idea of owning my own business it feels like a real accomplishment in life that I built a successful business.

Why value investing? I have no idea anymore I can't even remember how it popped into my head but it was for financial freedom aswell but realized lately it doesn't make much sense nor is it realistic.

Wow, you're lost.

Like anyone gives a shit about what your motives are. You're so selfish on what you want, your needs, your loves, you'll never see what others want.

And that's why you continually fail.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Why value investing? I have no idea anymore I can't even remember how it popped into my head but it was for financial freedom as well but realized lately it doesn't make much sense nor is it realistic.

All selfish reasons.

Why day trading? It seems genuinely fun
Why entrepreneurship? Love the idea of owning my own business.

Nothing about providing value or helping others...

G

GuestUser450

I told you already I have a job but I don't know what path to take. I feel like I am just desperate so I am throwing out there so many ideas.

But you're not taking anything away from it? Maybe you're jumping from one idea to the next out of desperation because you want the event, the windfall, the lottery ticket. In reality, you have to learn to love the way you feel after a hard day's work, not during it.

And you're making it about you. The number 1 reason for failure in business is self-importance. People with great intentions who are incapable of getting out of there own way and just giving the market what it wants.

For real, there's a small handful of fundamentals you need to be financially free. Very small. It's not rocket science. As far as methods, there's more ways to do it than there are people willing to do it. Any idea can work. But you'll never do it if you can't extract yourself and what you want/how you want it/when you want it, from the vehicle.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
But you're not taking anything away from it? Maybe you're jumping from one idea to the next out of desperation because you want the event, the windfall, the lottery ticket. In reality, you have to learn to love the way you feel after a hard day's work, not during it.

And you're making it about you. The number 1 reason for failure in business is self-importance. People with great intentions who are incapable of getting out of there own way and just giving the market what it wants.

For real, there's a small handful of fundamentals you need to be financially free. Very small. It's not rocket science. As far as methods, there's more ways to do it than there are people willing to do it. Any idea can work. But you'll never do it if you can't extract yourself and what you want/how you want it/when you want it, from the vehicle.
All selfish reasons.

Why day trading? It seems genuinely fun
Why entrepreneurship? Love the idea of owning my own business.

Nothing about providing value or helping others...

I see what you are saying , good points I know business its about the customer. I definitely wouldn't make it about me.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
You guys are too patient. OP is not looking for answers to questions, he's looking for a million dollar check. And if you give him one, he wants you to go to the bank and cash it.

Wow, you're lost.

Like anyone gives a shit about what your motives are. You're so selfish on what you want, your needs, your loves, you'll never see what others want.

And that's why you continually fail.
He was asking.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Since we are talking about mindset, dunno if this is a silly question but do I genuinely need to change my reasoning to why I want to start a business? I assume a reason like "provide value to others" is probably a good reason but what if its not genuine? Should I not do an endeavor until I 100% think like that?

beniman8

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 4, 2017
CA
Since we are talking about mindset, dunno if this is a silly question but do I genuinely need to change my reasoning to why I want to start a business? I assume a reason like "provide value to others" is probably a good reason but what if its not genuine? Should I not do an endeavor until I 100% think like that?
Yeah .. I think so or else you can just make money being a criminal ....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

TL;DR

Welcome to the forum!
Featured post @MJ DeMarco ?

OP, if you're not trolling, then the first 4 links in my signature might help.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK

Helping them will help you though because solving whatever problem they have (and doing it better than anyone else) will bring you $$$$$$.

Just think of it from a selfish point of view if you're struggling with getting motivated for altruistic reasons.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Why would I be trolling you? Just a waste of my time.
Even this shows your mindset isn't quite right yet.

Think less of how it would waste *your* time, and more of how it would waste *our* time.

Van Halen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Mar 3, 2017
United Kingdom

Me, myself and I.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Even this shows your mindset isn't quite right yet.

Think less of how it would waste *your* time, and more of how it would waste *our* time.
Ok, I don't like wasting anyone's time but to me my time is more important. Might take a bit of doing to change this part of my mindset.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Look, entrepreneurship isn't for everyone. And if you hate the process, not only will it make you miserable, but you WILL NOT succeed.

Go focus on your job, get some hobbies, and then maybe one day you'll get some inspiration to venture out on your own again. If that day never comes, that's okay too...you may think not being rich is the worst thing that could happen to you, but not being rich -- and being miserable -- is even worse.
I thought most entrepreneurs hate the process? Like its alot of fustration, working 14 hours a day, feeling like you want to quit every day? Is that not an accurate picture?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Ok, I don't like wasting anyone's time but to me my time is more important. Might take a bit of doing to change this part of my mindset.
You have more than enough homework. There's no reason for you to post again for at least a week.

MarekvBeek

Every day I'm hustlin'
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 13, 2016
Netherlands
If you are not where you want to be financially, emotionally and spiritually it's never the lack of resources, but a lack of resourcefulness.

If you were my son and I was your dad, I would probably say go get a job. But my guess is that people have told you this over a thousand times.

The 20's are tough if you let it, especially if your role model isn't the way you wanted to be. But that's no excuse, and you know that.

People will do more for others than for themselfs. If you find your reason, your "why", you will have no problem doing the work that is neccesary to make your dream life come true.

How do you find your why?
  1. Read books (especially autobiographies)
  2. Volunteer
  3. Make small steps towards any goal you have in mind
The core of entrepreneurship is invention and making things better. Seeing the light in the dark and guide people to it. Making a manual for people who don't understand how something works.

It's like building a bridge, but there are no manuals. Everybody has to build his own bridge. The point is that there are no step-by-step guides. You have to create your own.

And the secret is to find joy in creating your own step-by-step guide. So that people will ask you: how did you do it?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I thought most entrepreneurs hate the process? Like its alot of fustration, working 14 hours a day, feeling like you want to quit every day? Is that not an accurate picture?

This pops up infrequently, here and there, but it is not the prevailing feeling. The prevailing feeling is being FREE and in control over your choices. (Which many times does result in working 14 hour days, but others, none.)

There's no reason for you to post again for at least a week.

I agree.

People have given you a direction to take. But you don't want to take it -- you want to ask more questions in search of the juicy shortcut. (Because by God, reading two books and some GOLD/NOTABLE threads might take me 30 hours! That's too much of my time! Here's another question! Give me the shortcut!!)

First rule of mentorship -- do what your mentor says. If you refuse, you're fired. Imagine if Luke rebuked Obi Wan (light saber? That's a worthless ancient weapon!) there'd be NO story, NO transformation, and NO heroes journey... nope, Luke would remain a miserable farmer.

So once again, are you going to DO what was asked? Or are you gonna continue to fight it?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!

Yoda

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
This thread has been very valuable for me.

I've been trying to think of new service that could help early-stage entrepreneurs such as yourself, and the new product is called: I will build your business for you.

That's right. This way, you won't have to read any books, you won't have to go searching through GOLD threads, you won't have to go try to find business ideas, you won't have to deal with the fear of rejection and failure....you won't have to do sales, marketing, you won't have to take any risk...

All you'll have to do is sit back, and relax while myself, and the the member of this forum will do all of the work for you.

Think about this for a moment.

In just a few quick days, we could create a product for you, the web designers on here could setup the website, the copywriters can write the sales copy, and the marketers will start sending traffic....In just the matter of 5 quick days, you will have to do nothing, and your business will already be making money.

All for the one low price of $19.95 + Shipping and Handling.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I'll take a dozen.
No wait, can I have a bakers dozen?

This thread has been very valuable for me.

I've been trying to think of new service that could help early-stage entrepreneurs such as yourself, and the new product is called: I will build your business for you.

That's right. This way, you won't have to read any books, you won't have to go searching through GOLD threads, you won't have to go try to find business ideas, you won't have to deal with the fear of rejection and failure....you won't have to do sales, marketing, you won't have to take any risk...

All you'll have to do is sit back, and relax while myself, and the the member of this forum will do all of the work for you.

Think about this for a moment.

In just a few quick days, we could create a product for you, the web designers on here could setup the website, the copywriters can write the sales copy, and the marketers will start sending traffic....In just the matter of 5 quick days, you will have to do nothing, and your business will already be making money.

All for the one low price of $19.95 + Shipping and Handling.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA

Most wantrepreneurs hate the process.

It is a lot of frustration and working 14 hours a day, but I've never felt the urge or desire to quit.

Sure, I consider life without entrepreneurship and with a cozy job, but that's about as far as it gets.

Getting "rich" is a process. This shit doesn't happen in mere seconds. It takes years.

Most people simply cannot commit to working for years (14+ hours everyday) under extreme conditions of uncertainty.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

If you hate the process you will just quit. There's no boss telling you that you need to do this and that. It's easy to become lazy.

I think successful entrepreneur love the process. While they may not love it on that particular moment. They do love it overall.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.