The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting a Business and Going to College at the same time

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted2BB3x9

I've decided to start a new progress thread. The purpose of this thread will be to help keep me motivated while I am in college and running a business at the same time. I will document my progress, and hopefully others can learn from it and possibly do the same as me. If you are considering starting a business in college then I encourage you to read on, as I will be doing both. I will be posting things I learn along the way and I will try to keep this thread updated as best as I can. Once again, I would like to say thank you to the forum members who continuously share amazing information and their experiences. I will try my best to do the same.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted2BB3x9

First post:

So, I just accepted my offer to college. The college I will be going to is 33 hours away. I am excited but a bit nervous at the same time. The program starts September 5th. I am not yet in school so to start this thread off right I will be posting about my business' current progress.

Anyway, I am currently waiting for a new and improved sample. The first samples I received were not satisfactory in quality so I asked them to change certain things about the product and am now getting a redesigned sample. The sample will be free this time. After I receive my sample, I will place a bulk order for 100-300 units depending on what they will allow. Their MOQ is 300. Once I receive the bulk order, I will ship out around 10-20 products to my sponsors who contacted me through email. I did not go looking for sponsors, they came to me. I will ask them to leave a review of the product and also ask if they can take pictures of the product. They said they will advertise my brand for free, so that is a bonus.

When I have about 20 reviews, I will run a promo/giveaway to my email list to boost my sales rank on Amazon. I am launching on Amazon and will establish my own website soon after that. After I boost the sales rank I will turn on PPC. I am using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Amazon to promote my business.

I have received 4 pre-orders so far so the demand for my product is there. I will post another update once I receive my sample.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted2BB3x9

Registered for residence, and sent in my 500$ deposit for college.

Also, went to a free business consultation and received the tracking number for my new sample.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

My business consultation went well, I learned that I should be posting more pictures of people on my social profiles, continue posting my product in random places, and post about the features of my product. I also got a contact for photography and he also told me to keep my price around 50$.

Sample arrived yesterday.

Product improvements made a big difference in my sample. The product is much better now. Better design. Better Quality. Etc.

I will now be placing the bulk order of my product. I also have to pay for tuition and residence fees now.

My first order will arrive at my house, then for my next orders I will ship them to my dorm room.

Excited to move out to school, but also excited for the potential of this business!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted2BB3x9

My manufacturer said i need to order a MOQ of 1000 pcs. Tried talking around it but they insisted I order 1000 units. I might have to move manufacturing to Canada or the USA.

D

Deleted2BB3x9

College has started. No homework yet, but I am in a trade so I have lab classes. So far, I think I'll be able to manage both college and my business.

For my business, I emailed a manufacturer from the USA as the Canadian one never responded.
Hoping to get my product manufactured by the end of the month.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.