The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready to make a change

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Hello everyone!

I'm a 24 year old IT graduate from the Netherlands who is now ready to make a change in this world.

Like pretty much everyone who has joined this forum I'm looking to improve my own life but also the lives of the people around me. My goal is not to get rich per se, but to gain financial freedom by positively impacting the lives of others and then using my acquired freedom to spend the rest of my life doing good and having fun.

As someone who has very poor family in a different country and experienced this first hand, this has been my dream since I was about 13 years old.
Unfortunately due to circumstances following one after another, Instead of channeling my dream into motivation I fell into a depression that has lasted till I was atleast 22.

Although I'm not yet sure what course of action will allow me to reach my goal, I'm actively improving myself on a daily basis by working on my mental state and also my skills (like coding).

Whether coding will be my road to success or not is a gamble but I want to stay busy and acquire more skills so when that one golden moment does appear, I won't be stuck because I lack the skills to get started.

I've been lurking the forums for some time now and think there are a lot of very interesting and intelligent people around.
Although I'm inexperienced, hopefully we can have some interesting conversations and feed off of each other's motivation, knowledge and will to persevere.

Thanks for reading, hopefully we'll get to know eachother more on the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Also, A special thanks to @MJ DeMarco for giving many of us a much needed kick in the a$$ through his books and advice on the forum.

I really enjoyed the 4-minute conversation PDF involving Gary aswell.

J_Cup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 14, 2017
Poland
Hi!

I think that it's truly a waste of time to think about the past and things that you won't change. Anyway, probably it made you stronger. What's your main/fav programming language?

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
I think that it's truly a waste of time to think about the past and things that you won't change. Anyway, probably it made you stronger. What's your main/fav programming language?

Yep, I totally agree. I'm sure it has made me stronger as I'm able to let go of things that other people latch on to.

So, I'm still pretty new to programming/coding but I thought Swift looks like a very fun language to get started on. Especially with XCode being pretty easy software to get into.

Once I managed to find a Swift course that has a few chapters dedicated to integrating Swift and Objective-C, I decided to start on it.
I'm hoping that the Objective-C chapters will snowball me from Swift -> Objective-C, making me pick up 2 languages instead of 1 in the process.

How about you? What's your experience level & favourite programming/coding language?

J_Cup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jun 14, 2017
Poland
Yep, I totally agree. I'm sure it has made me stronger as I'm able to let go of things that other people latch on to.

So, I'm still pretty new to programming/coding but I thought Swift looks like a very fun language to get started on. Especially with XCode being pretty easy software to get into.

Once I managed to find a Swift course that has a few chapters dedicated to integrating Swift and Objective-C, I decided to start on it.
I'm hoping that the Objective-C chapters will snowball me from Swift -> Objective-C, making me pick up 2 languages instead of 1 in the process.

How about you? What's your experience level & favourite programming/coding language?

Do you want to create IOS apps? I can't use these languages.
I created progress thread Dropout -> Android Freelancer yesterday. I will freelance in Android ASAP.

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Do you want to create IOS apps? I can't use these languages.
I created progress thread Dropout -> Android Freelancer yesterday. I will freelance in Android ASAP.

I would definitely like to.

- I'm a system administrator working with all sorts of servers on a daily basis.
- I know HTML/CSS/Wordpress

So the next logical step is to learn programming, for both mobile phones & software/web application.
Once I can do that, I feel like I'll have all the tools in the field of IT to get something started and have confidence in the work I'm doing.

Great thread, I can relate to a lot of things you wrote!

Mr.Rob

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 17, 2017
Florida
Hello everyone!

I'm a 24 year old IT graduate from the Netherlands who is now ready to make a change in this world.

Like pretty much everyone who has joined this forum I'm looking to improve my own life but also the lives of the people around me. My goal is not to get rich per se, but to gain financial freedom by positively impacting the lives of others and then using my acquired freedom to spend the rest of my life doing good and having fun.

As someone who has very poor family in a different country and experienced this first hand, this has been my dream since I was about 13 years old.
Unfortunately due to circumstances following one after another, Instead of channeling my dream into motivation I fell into a depression that has lasted till I was atleast 22.

Although I'm not yet sure what course of action will allow me to reach my goal, I'm actively improving myself on a daily basis by working on my mental state and also my skills (like coding).

Whether coding will be my road to success or not is a gamble but I want to stay busy and acquire more skills so when that one golden moment does appear, I won't be stuck because I lack the skills to get started.

I've been lurking the forums for some time now and think there are a lot of very interesting and intelligent people around.
Although I'm inexperienced, hopefully we can have some interesting conversations and feed off of each other's motivation, knowledge and will to persevere.

Thanks for reading, hopefully we'll get to know eachother more on the forum!

I'm new to the forums as well but welcome man. It sounds like we're in similar situations as recent college graduates thinking the slowlane is probably not for us but just getting started on our journey's.

Not being a stranger to depression myself on an interesting note I got a good kick out of reading "First Rate Madness" by Nassir Ghaemi which helped me understand the positive side of mental illness in a positive light. Basically some of the greatest "crisis leaders" in history that successfully navigated heavy world/domestic situations in their field have had mental illnesses (i.e. Winston Churchill, JFK, William Sherman, etc) because they were so comfortable with their inner worlds being f*cked up (are we allowed to curse on this forum?) that when the shit hit the fan in the real world they were able to handle the situation while everyone else panics. Worth a read to help frame suffering in a more purposeful light.

See you around the forum Caramel.

-Rob

Caramel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Aug 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Not being a stranger to depression myself on an interesting note I got a good kick out of reading "First Rate Madness" by Nassir Ghaemi which helped me understand the positive side of mental illness in a positive light. Basically some of the greatest "crisis leaders" in history that successfully navigated heavy world/domestic situations in their field have had mental illnesses (i.e. Winston Churchill, JFK, William Sherman, etc) because they were so comfortable with their inner worlds being f*cked up (are we allowed to curse on this forum?) that when the shit hit the fan in the real world they were able to handle the situation while everyone else panics. Worth a read to help frame suffering in a more purposeful light.

See you around the forum Caramel.

-Rob

Hey Rob, That sounds like a really interesting read! I'll definitely pick it up.

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply. See you on the forums!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...