The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

guivs

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 24, 2014
Hello, I've just finished UNSCRIPTED .

It is even more inspiring than TMF . I'm sure I will dive in this book many times in the future.
Out of this first read, the main thing I take to heart is : Act in order to create value, not to get money. Be willing to give to others and act one step at a time, one challenge at a time.

If I had not read it, I would still be learning to code while not knowing what I would use this knowledge for.
Now, my mindset is : what is the challenge in front of me ? What do I need to learn to overcome it ? Then do it :)

Thanks so much MJ!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

@ErnestShack

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 31, 2013
I'm still reading it, but I have the "Unescripted" mindset even before I read TMF four years ago.

I'm strugling to have a "Unscripted " life ;-)

Excelent book !!!

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
I loved the book and it's lack of political correctness. It really reinforced a few concepts that I had let slip to the back of my mind after reading TMF .

Thank you!

Solid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 15, 2017
Australia
Listened to the audiobook, and purchased on Kindle. Definitely getting a hard copy :)

Damn MJ - as if TMF wasn't heavy hitting enough. Particularly loved the early content about hyper-realities.

PickOcean

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Aug 10, 2017
ohio
Fantastic Book... Now I need the audio version to listen to. And buy a bunch for family/friends.

uscmas412

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 9, 2017
FL
I listened to the audiobook during my daily one hour commute to my slowlane job. I now hate my commute even more!

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
Have around 50 more pages to go, amazing book (Already recommended it twice), I feel like I have the entrepreneurial mentality, but have to brush up on my ability to find opportunities to add value and create a fastlane business out of it. Once I'm done I will re-read the middle portion of the book and study it slowly!

Rincewind

Don't give up and never hide
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Jun 4, 2016
I just finished the book on audible. Great work! Thank you MJ for writing such a great book again!

Luckily (?) there was no big news for me in it. But it confirmed all the things I learned within the last 15 years about business, life and happiness. I'm still not doing all the right things in my life, but I'm on my way. Unscripted re-opened my eyes for many lessons I learned in the past.

Tiago_Matos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jul 23, 2017
I just finished the UNSCRIPTED . Amazing book. Thank you MJ.

Here is a part on page 248 that I had to read 10 times... It really spoke to me

"The opportunity of difficulty: There is no F*cking list
There is no F*cking list.
There is no F*cking list giving you the exact steps.
There is no F*cking list telling you what to do, how to do it, and where to do it.
There is no F*cking list that tells youwho the best Chinese manufacturers are and which products are the most profitable to import."

BrettA

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Aug 18, 2017
Miami
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
I have read and listened to Unscripted . I really enjoyed it and am now going back to TMF for a refresher.

Kenny27

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Mar 30, 2017
England, UK
Thanks for the book MJ, I've already recommended Unscripted to several of my friends but it's a shame they aren't interested. I have the audiobook on repeat while working my crappy manual labour job, it keeps my mind on the big picture. On a couple of occasions it's got me so fired up I've almost quit on the spot. The narrator for Unscripted perfectly matches the tone of the book.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've noticed a lot of the advice/business/progress threads (even some notable) are/or were about the exact things Unscripted shits on.

Not sure where you are getting this from... I don't know any GOLD/NOTABLE threads that are Bro-Marketing. Also, a thread can be GOLD or NOTABLE if it shows considerable action, small wins, bootstrapping, or anything where the forum user has made progress. They don't necessarily need to be "Fastlane" -- someone who just profited their first $100 can be exciting as someone who just hit $1M in sales.

I've already recommended Unscripted to several of my friends but it's a shame they aren't interested.

The Cipher's of the world just want their steak.

Productocrat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 2, 2017
TX
Having read The Millionaire Fastlane , I pre-ordered the book UNSCRIPTED -- which I never do -- yet had doubts that it would be nearly as good, as sequels seem to rarely live up to originals. Wow was I wrong. While the Millionare Fastlane was highly motivating and did a great job of breaking with conventional wisdom and demonstrating a path to a better future, it lacked specifics. UNSCRIPTED , on the other hand, not only completely dismantles the traditional SCRIPTED mindset and approach, but provides a clear blueprint (TUNEF) for the kinds of thoughts and actions that are needed for success and autonomy. It was exactly what I needed. Thank you, MJ for using your time to convey such insight and thought leadership!

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
I finished UNSCRIPTED a few nights ago and I'm still processing it all (that's a good thing).

I wasn't quite sure what to expect after TMF, but I think US manages to top it. It clearly synthesizes thoughts and feelings I think a lot of us can relate to -- why just being aliven can somtimes feel so flat and empty. Besides just making these themes relatable, it connects them to the way we're all indoctrinated into a certain way of having to live. Best of all, it shows a way forward. Maybe things aren't so great, but there's a better way. This is something I've struggled with, professionally and as a person; it's truly wonderful to see someone making these ideas accessible to the masses.

Wonderful job on this, MJ. Thanks for putting it out there.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
I've read this book recently, bought it right after if was released.
Not only an amazing read per se (I love the style), but also a gold-mine. Gave me some interesting insights and made me decide to join the forum as an active contributor.

Alexander K.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
335%
Aug 6, 2017
Southend-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Just finished listening to the audiobook. I am not an American, so 401k and mutual funds aren't a part of my world but anyway, I found many valuable ideas in the book. I especially liked those about delivering value and the KE. And of course, the final part, the instructions regarding what to do after I get the millions, is highly appreciated. What's left is to go and get those millions!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.