The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'll never be the same.

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
At 2:36 am this morning I rose, gave my wife a soft kiss on the cheek, splashed water on my face, grabbed a bottled water and began creating a profile for this forum.

See, like many of you I assume, the Unscripted hit me right on the chin. And once hit, life changes. I've always "fancied" that I had entrepreneurial dreams, aspirations, yada, yada, yada but never did a dang thing about them(sorta. I half assed real estate development). I was in love with the "idea" of being an entrepreneur. MJ's booked stripped me of that delusion. But what really got me here? My "real" FTE? Time and the Financial Crises. You all remember that right? Lol.

I'm no spring chicken. I'm not old, but you can't call me young either. I dug myself out of that Sh** Show of a crisis by selling crappy cellphones to adolescents, while being physically threatened because someone missed a call from their sick mother because the service sucked that bad. I went through that after spending 10+ years at a structural engineering firm, going to catered affairs, taking long lunches, and feeling like I was on top of the world. Well, obviously that was all BS as well. So after going into business with man who still signed my checks (never a good idea) and the crises kicking in to full swing, I found myself 15th in line of about 6,000 people (because I got there 3 hours earlier) looking for a job where I could get physically assaulted.

Time. It took a lot of time and 3 jobs later (about 9 years of my life gone) before I was able to "really" help my wife w/ bills. And maybe if we're lucky take off to Santa Monica, or San Diego for a 2 day, eat, sleep, see ocean, sleep and turn around and stay in traffic for 7 hours so we can get home to do laundry to get ready for our 5 day ritual while hoping the lotto ticket we just bought hits so we can be there all the time. I'll never get those 9 years back. And will take another 8 years to get back to the salary I had at my engineering firm.

I won't bore you w/ anything else because I'm tired of talking about it.

I read Unscripted and it stirred something in me. It moved me to action, past fear, past my own BS. I also bought "No Excuses-The Power Of Self Discipline"-by Brian Tracy to give me the added tools I'll need while moving through the desert.

And now my watch begins.

Thanks MJ.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Inspiring story man!

Keep your chin high, do your best to provide as much value as possible and we'll do our best helping you reach your goals of financial independence.

Enjoy your stay and keep us updated!

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Inspiring story man!

Keep your chin high, do your best to provide as much value as possible and we'll do our best helping you reach your goals of financial independence.

Enjoy your stay and keep us updated!
Thank you so much! I will.

I've been lurking on this forum for a few days but I'm glad I took the leap.
Thanks again for the encouragement!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend! Glad to hear UNSCRIPTED resonated with you (and you're not familiar with TMF !?)

So whats the plan moving forward?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
That's funny, San Diegans go to Vegas to get away. :)

... And maybe if we're lucky take off to Santa Monica, or San Diego for a 2 day, eat, sleep, see ocean, sleep and turn around and stay in traffic for 7 hours so we can get home to do laundry to get ready for our 5 day ritual while hoping the lotto ticket we just bought hits so we can be there all the time...

Thanks MJ.

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome my friend! Glad to hear UNSCRIPTED resonated with you (and you're not familiar with TMF !?)

So whats the plan moving forward?
Wow, thanks for the reply MJ! Even though I'm not surprised because you mentioned that you stay close to the forums on a daily basis in your book.

TMF is in line w/ 2 other books. You've got a fan for life man!

Part 1. Get disciplined. There are some things I need to clean up in my life and it all begins and ends w/ discipline. I've never heard it put the way you put it but the "desert" has always killed me. I lacked the discipline to see it through.
1a.) Go back through Unscripted w/ a fine tooth come. Notes, quotes, philosophies, everything.

Part 2. Take back my time. I'm pursuing voice over work so I can make full time money on part time hours. I'm also an intermediate level 3D guy, 3ds Max, so I can do my own animations along w/ the voice over work. I need to be a much more proficient 3D guy. If I can "work" 1 or 2 days a week that will free me up to pursue my goals. I'm an underground utility designer (I draw the plans that bring power to subdivisions, schools ect). I also do a bit of writing.
2a.) Study the market mind in the meanwhile. You woke me up to niche markets, skewing value in existing markets and going where the stream is. Learn what I need once I've found an avenue that will get me where I want to go. Whatever that me be.

Part 3.) Once found, beat the dog sh** out of that penata!
Part 4.) Act, Access, Redo (I'm looking for that echo)
Part 5-whenever.) Fail, Back Up, Fail, etc, etc.

I have a 3 year plan to be sustained by my entrepreneurial (how long does it take to learn to spell entrepreneurial w/o having to use spell check!? Lol) pursuits.
I have a 5 year plan to live the life of my dreams.

Wow, just typing this out and hearing from you makes me know that the journey is finally real.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another middle aged guy with an engineering background. What branch of engineering did you find yourself in? More importantly, what type of business do you want to be in now?

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see another middle aged guy with an engineering background. What branch of engineering did you find yourself in? More importantly, what type of business do you want to be in now?
Thank you so much!
My 2 years I worked for design/build firm here in Vegas and go the heads up about an engineering firm that needed a structural draftsman. I didn't know anything about structural but I had a real good teacher.

What type of business? My thought is I'd let the market decide exactly what for now. But I'd like to utilize some of my skills in construction design, 3d, sales (a LONG time ago), customer service.

i know that sounds like a wide brush I know, but I wanna be where the market is. And if I can use what I've learned to add value to get me where I want to be, great! If not, I'll find a different act.

Good to know Im not the only "eh hem" older person, in here. Lol. Seriously though, 8 or 80, I don't have much of a choice at this point, which means I'm open to whatever I can learn here. And thanks again

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hey A.Mitchell, welcome to the forum, well, there isn't much to say after reading Unscripted - lol - it is DEFinitely the call of awakening and action.

Don't allow the age factor to stand as a hurdle in getting ahead, the great thing is you've gotten the basic tool necessary to take action and you are ready to make positive movements.

Welcome aboard, this is a phenomenal place to learn, grow, share, assist others and excel.

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
Hey A.Mitchell, welcome to the forum, well, there isn't much to say after reading Unscripted - lol - it is DEFinitely the call of awakening and action.

Don't allow the age factor to stand as a hurdle in getting ahead, the great thing is you've gotten the basic tool necessary to take action and you are ready to make positive movements.

Welcome aboard, this is a phenomenal place to learn, grow, share, assist others and excel.
Thank you very much!

The first time I was here I didn't know what to expect. I've read so many "bro" message boards talking about Lambo's and
Boileroom Bullsh** with empty slogans and slick talk and I was afraid it would be some of the same. Money, I've found, seems to attract the worst sometimes. I want to know how you've gotten through the process! But when I read MJ's intro thread, I was happy to see none of that would be tolerated. All seem like serious ppl so far and it feels good to have a place to come to.

Age? Nah, I'm not getting caught up in that. But I'm not wasting anymore time either.

Thanks again.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Thank you very much!

The first time I was here I didn't know what to expect. I've read so many "bro" message boards talking about Lambo's and
Boileroom Bullsh** with empty slogans and slick talk and I was afraid it would be some of the same. Money, I've found, seems to attract the worst sometimes. I want to know how you've gotten through the process! But when I read MJ's intro thread, I was happy to see none of that would be tolerated. All seem like serious ppl so far and it feels good to have a place to come to.

Age? Nah, I'm not getting caught up in that. But I'm not wasting anymore time either.

Thanks again.
Oh, you are most Welcome.

I'm happy you went through quite a lot of threads, so you recognised the forum is MORE of a serious platform, from time to time there'll be a few empty-noise makers, but the genuine quality and concept of the forum is more than enough to gain daily motivation and it also helps you recognise that where you may be making a few mistakes, others are making same, so you don't feel as if you're some weirdo, but that you are actually making the right steps in building success.

We are indeed serious about doing well and we genuinely enjoy helping each other, regardless of which stage we all are; it's great seeing you are eager to get things going in your life, doesn't it feel great knowing that excellence is possible and 100% within our reach? I'm happy you gained the opportunity of becoming enlightened through Unscripted and you are ready to make great things happen.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours alongside us all on the forum.

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I'm sorry, never asked. What type of engineering were you in? Or are you currently?

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I'm still working a JOB as I bootstrap my own physical products company. I've worked in mechanical design of various industrial products, as well as some minor electrical design. Right now it's more project management than any design/development work. I can't wait to make the transition!

A.Mitchell

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Aug 15, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
I'm still working a JOB as I bootstrap my own physical products company. I've worked in mechanical design of various industrial products, as well as some minor electrical design. Right now it's more project management than any design/development work. I can't wait to make the transition!
Same here, I'm still at my job but am trying voice over work as a way to bootstrap time. If I can make what I need to make working 2 or 3 days a week, that would be ideal. Happy trails man. I can't wait to see it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...