The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Bonjour, from the French Alps

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
I'm an Aussie that's really bored with life in Oz and decided to follow a long held dream of migrating to France. I'm really excited to read as many posts as possible. I'm learning so much, but much of it is not SO new to me. I've cherished a fast lane type mentality for a while now, even before it became fashionable. Now that it's becoming more mainstream, I can interact with more people of my same mentality, and learn more. That's how I detected this forum.

The culture shock with regard to how things operate between Australia (which is basically like the US, from what I read) and France, made me take closer notice and come back my original dreams. France is very much behind the rest of the world... except for e-commerce and start-ups - they're catching on super quick! (Well, a segment of the population, anyway). Mom and pop businesses - France is like 50 years behind Australia in this regard, maybe more.

Anyway, there's plenty of rich folk nearby (I live in the Alps) and let me tell you, in France they don't buy into the Anglo American cultures of work hard, save pennies, etc etc. In general, I'm detecting a more opportunistic mindset. And much bigger gaps between rich and poor, than what exist in Australia. I've been in France for 2 years now.

Lovin' the contrast between Anglo cultures and European cultures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Echizen

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jul 3, 2017
Paris
Bonjour à toi et bienvenue.
Very interesting to see my country through your eyes. I knew that in the tech industry, we usually are 3-5 years behind but I didn't know for the rest.
PS: Si tu habites à Genève, t'es pas en France ^^

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I'm an Aussie that's really bored with life in Oz and decided to follow a long held dream of migrating to France. I'm really excited to read as many posts as possible. I'm learning so much, but much of it is not SO new to me. I've cherished a fast lane type mentality for a while now, even before it became fashionable. Now that it's becoming more mainstream, I can interact with more people of my same mentality, and learn more. That's how I detected this forum.

The culture shock with regard to how things operate between Australia (which is basically like the US, from what I read) and France, made me take closer notice and come back my original dreams. France is very much behind the rest of the world... except for e-commerce and start-ups - they're catching on super quick! (Well, a segment of the population, anyway). Mom and pop businesses - France is like 50 years behind Australia in this regard, maybe more.

Anyway, there's plenty of rich folk nearby (I live in the Alps) and let me tell you, in France they don't buy into the Anglo American cultures of work hard, save pennies, etc etc. In general, I'm detecting a more opportunistic mindset. And much bigger gaps between rich and poor, than what exist in Australia. I've been in France for 2 years now.

ahah

i live 50 miles away from the french alps ( Lyon) and my goal is to move to the area where you live : annecy, aix les bains

well you are right: we don't buy the english speaking people's mentality and i am the living proof on this forum

we are 50 years behind you but we don't really care

France has been destroyed by stupid ideologies for 200 years

and by the way , i am a self made social engineer so i know what i am talking about here.

but France is also the right place esotericaly speaking for the new world that's is coming after the destruction of this fake one

but i am going too far for most people's understanding here. this is not the right forum for that.

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
ahah

i live 50 miles away from the french alps ( Lyon) and my goal is to move to the area where you live : annecy, aix les bains

well you are right: we don't buy the english speaking people's mentality and i am the living proof on this forum

we are 50 years behind you but we don't really care

France has been destroyed by stupid ideologies for 200 years

and by the way , i am a self made social engineer so i know what i am talking about here.

but France is also the right place esotericaly speaking for the new world that's is coming after the destruction of this fake one

but i am going too far for most people's understanding here. this is not the right forum for that.
Com
Very interesting to see my country through your eyes. I knew that in the tech industry, we usually are 3-5 years behind but I didn't know for the rest.

Yes your Tech Industry is somewhat behind... but catching up fast (I think so). So take advantage while it lasts!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
by the way. here are some pics about the french alps i took last month

while i was looking for informations and insights to start a retail business in the area

i don't want to be rich. i want to live in the french alps with maximum independence

my goal is about living in the right area. not becoming rich.

the lake of Aix les bains as viewed from mount Revard

064.JPG

the lake of Annecy

122.JPG

somewhere in the Bauges mountain

015.JPG

Attachments

• 122.JPG
    122.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
by the way. here are some pics about the french alps i took last month

while i was looking for informations and insights to start a retail business in the area

i don't want to be rich. i want to live in the french alps with maximum independence

my goal is about living in the right area. not becoming rich.

the lake of Aix les bains as viewed from mount Revard

View attachment 15896

the lake of Annecy

View attachment 15897

somewhere in the Bauges mountain

View attachment 15898

I agree with you. That's why I love this area. The lakes are magnificent. Hopefully, I'd like to see some of the other lesser known lakes

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

by the way, to be honest, german speaking cultures ( switzerland , germany, austria and so on) are above french culture

go to switzerland and see their lifestyle

go to Zermatt and see with your eyes what intelligence means

i have been studying society's patterns for years .

what interests me is intelligence and understanding of life.

that's why Nietzche is my avatar.

Aix-Geneve

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 4, 2017
France
by the way, to be honest, german speaking cultures ( switzerland , germany, austria and so on) are above french culture

Completely agree with you there. Germans and the swiss - are another matter altogether. It is true - they are above French culture. When I first got here, I was rather enamoured with the 'quaintness' of the French. Now I'm really annoyed. Getting stuff done, things I take for granted (coming from an English speaking country) - they do not work here. Institutions do not work here. My frustrations mount. Yet, I focus on the bigger picture. There are more opportunities here. (except that the French people in general, unfortunately (or fortunately), cannot see them!). Depends on your point of view!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Completely agree with you there. Germans and the swiss - are another matter altogether. It is true - they are above French culture. When I first got here, I was rather enamoured with the 'quaintness' of the French. Now I'm really annoyed. Getting stuff done, things I take for granted (coming from an English speaking country) - they do not work here. Institutions do not work here. My frustrations mount. Yet, I focus on the bigger picture. There are more opportunities here. (except that the French people in general, unfortunately (or fortunately), cannot see them!). Depends on your point of view!

you have to understand that your english capitalist mentality ( looking at opportunities everywhere and taking action like furious enraged guys in a free society )

is not well adapted to French culture because of the background of these people.

people here have been conditionned to trust the state and " security ",

not free spirit and wealth above the state's bossing attitude.

being rich and showing our wealth like you english speaking guys is not yet well approved in french culture.

TheSmokey1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Jul 11, 2017
The World

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris

Why do you think Germanic cultures are superior to French culture ? Are you talking from the business point of view or in general ?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Why do you think Germanic cultures are superior to French culture ? Are you talking from the business point of view or in general ?

from a philosophical and historical point of view, these people are superior.

from a business point of view, these people are very serious and engaged in what they do

business quality and son on.

for example : german cars are the best in the world

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and so on

i won't go further because a lot of people are short minded on the web

and the odds are that the discussion will turn into a stupid " NAZI hitler agaisnt jews " discussion or whatever

according to scientific studies, most discussion on the web have a high probability to turn into a "hitler nazi you bad guy " discussion at any point.

so you get my point.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
from a philosophical and historical point of view, these people are superior.

from a business point of view, these people are very serious and engaged in what they do

business quality and son on.

for example : german cars are the best in the world

BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and so on

i won't go further because a lot of people are short minded on the web

and the odds are that the discussion will turn into a stupid " NAZI hitler agaisnt jews " discussion or whatever

according to scientific studies, most discussion on the web have a high probability to turn into a "hitler nazi you bad guy " discussion at any point.

so you get my point.

I was asking a simple question because I wasn't sure if you were only talking about the business side.

You're the one brining "Nazi hitler blablabla" into that conversation. I disagree with your statement that they are superior. I won't get into the historical part but IMO producing great quality product does not always means the business is great. Mcdonalds burgers are not the best burgers in the world, but Mcdonalds is a damn sucessful business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...