The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money Exchange Arbitrage(Dollar and Mexican Peso)

Anything related to investing, including crypto

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
So back when I was in college(studied finance) I used to supplement my income with currency exchange arbitrage. How? Simple. I would go to the money exchange houses(Casa de cambios) by the border and buy pesos and then run into Mexico and buy dollars.

Of course only if the buy price for pesos in the U.S was higher than the sell price for dollars in Mexico(wasn't everyday, but would happen at least once a week usually on a Monday or Tuesday). I used to average about a 3%-5% return per trip. I used to do it with about $4-5k. Whats 3% of $5k? $150. Do two trips=$300. Do three? $450. Not bad for being some college kid nobody wanted to hire:rofl:.

A few months back the peso hit 22. I knew it was undervalued.:jawdrop: Now its at 17.8. Imagine if you would have invested some money.

Anybody else here mess around with the peso?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

evega105

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 30, 2015
Hello I want to do that as well, have you figured out a better way to do this? I've been trying to do this with crypto debit cards but the fees kill the profit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.