The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MattStefanik

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 20, 2017
Waxhaw, NC
Already on my second time through "Unscripted " on Audible - love it! As a self-employed serial entrepreneur of 15 years and someone who has probably failed more times than most on this forum, I highly recommend this book. Wish I had it when I dropped out of college 15 years ago - I'm certain I would have failed less with its guidance! ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
I finally finished it! I would post a review, but when I go to Amazon, it says I have no orders in the past year??? :duh:

Anyway, AWESOME. If you haven't read it, DO IT. And while you're at it, read TMF . I am now going back and rereading all the stuff about value creation and generating ideas. I rate it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

McFirewavesJr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Sep 27, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
I have a couple minutes left to listen on the Audible version (great job by the narrator btw. I often forget it's not MJ talking).

Unscripted is pretty much to The Millionaire Fastlane what The Godfather part II is to The Godfather; It kept it's essence and core elements, while proposing you a totally different scenario. The overall feel I get is that The Millionaire Fastlane taught me how to get rich, while Unscripted taught me how to avoid being poor, which is equally important.

Both books interlace harmoniously and I can't help to think how difficult it must have been to write. Definitely the work of a very dedicated mentor here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
TFM and Unscripted are the perfect toolbox and I recommend it every time I speak to young and passionate entrepreneurs.

Thank you.

Sadly, I finished the book this weekend. I didn't want it to end.

Nice to hear, my greatest fear in this book was its length, which was longer than TMF -- and that was long as well.

Both books interlace harmoniously and I can't help to think how difficult it must have been to write.

I think that is why it took me so long -- I had 2 groups to write for, the TMF reader and the reader who doesn't know WTF TMF is. Managing that balance in a manner that was optimal was, lets just say, a RPITA.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
and now my SO is also a convert.

I'm always curious to how people react to the content who were NOT willing participants to the material. You bought the book and were open to the message before reading. But your SO was an unwilling reader/listener. Was there something specific that turned the light bulb on?

logansmith

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 23, 2017
Philadelphia
Finished Unscripted a couple weeks ago (audiobook). I missed MJ's personal narration, but I still got the message loud and clear. Thanks for taking the time to write yet another book to help us find a way into the fastlane. I have my wife reading it now (paperback), and she's finally on board. Another headwind turned into a tailwind!

Brian A

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2017
Tempe, AZ
I'm always curious to how people react to the content who were NOT willing participants to the material. You bought the book and were open to the message before reading. But your SO was an unwilling reader/listener. Was there something specific that turned the light bulb on?

She and I just had a 30 minute conversation on this question, and several things about the way you write resonated.
First, your writing style is clear but informal. The cursing and humor made you more human and made it easier to absorb the message. She likes that your communication style is an authentic internal dialog. She can smell bullshit a mile away, and she recognizes your honesty. She said (I'm paraphrasing) "When you listen or read other business authors they are like business! blah, blah, blah, and they sound contrived <insert eye roll> but he doesn't sugar coat things. He tells you you are going to have to work, and I know that is the reality. And because he has said it, and he has done it, I believe the process will work. And while he wouldn't like the word 'hope', that's what I have <smile>. I feel like I can see a light at the end of this tunnel."

So the circumstances of her hearing the audio book was while traveling from Phoenix to Flagstaff for a weekend getaway. I would say the humor hooked us both very quickly, and the message resonated. She is a severely underpaid writer (Travel and leisure here in the valley, copy writing, business blogging) , and just treading water. I just quit a job building automated pharmacies for a major health care company. I have my first business idea in the works, and she is looking for hers. So there is a timing component for both of us as well.

I hope what I have above is useful, she is the more of a wordsmith. And thanks for writing unscripted , it has already had a positive impact on us both.
@MJ DeMarco

Last edited:

fumune

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 14, 2017
Michigan
Finished reading it last night... Really is a life changing, evergreen book. Love how you put it into an actionable framework. I will be buying this book for everyone I care about.. Thank you

Lauryn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Jul 11, 2013
Dallas, TX
I've read it too - listening to the Audible version (and picked up Fastlane on Audible too)... Oh SHIT. This book is so full of quotables, and great quotes. I'm so glad that I came across this forum, because now that I'm on the path to my own Fastlane - no shitty boss, job, or commute anymore, this feels like a must-read for everyone in my life.

I might even screen the men I date: "Have you read MJ DeMarco? Okay, have you applied MJ DeMarco's work to your life?"

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.
......Have it on Audible....This Is my preferred format for this type of one to one material.....Think narrator Scott Thomas puts meat on the bone, and did a superb job for you ! .....I tend to listen to it over and over so as to tie it all together........Great book ,

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I've read UNSCRIPTED . Wow, you've completely changed my perspective on life. This framework can integrate into every aspect of my life.

Recommended it to everyone remotely entrepreneurial I know.

Last edited:

squirrel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Didn't think I'd read something more thought provoking than Millionaire Fastlane , but what a great expansion and follow up! Unscripted is now my #1 recommendation for a book on changing your mindset. It's the only book I know of that hits ALL areas people should be aware of. Even though it doesn't dive too deep, it gives the reader a sense of what to go and learn more about. Thank You for the brilliant read MJ!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm very please that I just randomly bought it when browsing entrepreneurial books.

Woo hoo! Makes me happy see people finding it without knowledge about myself or my prior work.

Soon a lot more people in my city will have access to this book thanks to my library book purchase request:

Thank you!

MarcUK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 24, 2017
UK
Just finished my Kindle version of Unscripted to add to my Fastlane purchase from 4 years back, which has now in turn, encouraged me to become a forum member - wish I'd joined up earlier!

SevenJay

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 12, 2015
Read and listened to it at the same time, full immersion!

GerTex

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Oct 18, 2012
Arlington, Texas
Read it, loved it and most importantly bought several more copies for others.

When someone asks me to mentor them my first task is to read this book first (It used to be Millionaire Fastlane ). Then contact me again.

Currently incentivising for my high school junior daughter to read the book. Unsuccessfully so far. "Dad, do you have video's I can watch instead?". Will try to get her to listen to the audiobooks next!

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I got Unscripted during the early release. The three days following the day I received it in the mail I read before and after work. Three short days and I was finished. Honestly I couldn't put it down. The parts that I liked best were not the how to Un-script your life chapters but rather the 'this is why your life is scripted' chapters. Reading about all distractions and time wasting activities really put the nail in the coffin for my old lifestyle. DeMarco really said it well. Society is set up to make us zombie workers and I really think there is an awakening happening. People are waking up to the fact that their lives are unfulfilled. They are figuring out that there might be something else in the cards for their lives. Unscripted lays out a way of thinking that will help people figure out how to get more out of their lives. Thanks Mj for keeping it real. There are some "controversial" things in this book that will turn a lot of people off, and that makes me like it even more. It's not just a book trying to sell as many copies as possible. It's a book trying to help people make the best of their situations. It will be a gift for all the people that are close to me come Christmas time.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Read it once on kindle and waiting for my hardcopy to arrive in the mail so I can read it again.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.