The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Dead" mornings

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
Usually, when one wakes up in the morning, drinks his coffee, he's able to concentrate on what needs to be done and actually do productive work. From time to time I come across one of the not so usual mornings where the coffee I drink energizes my brain to the point where it just can't stay put. And, possibly, any important work that you do might be useless. Too much coffee? (Most likely)

When that happens I usually turn off work and go play a video game or just browse the internet and it just feels like lost time. What would you do in this situation? Has any of you encountered this problem? Is there a better way to use that lost time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
My man, what you need is some L-theanine.

It is found in green tea (in small amounts), but I'd recommend you purchase in it pills/powder form.

You want a 1:2 ratio caffeine to l-theanine.

As for the effects, when combined with coffee (caffeine), it literally takes away all the sides of caffeine. Leaving you with a wonderful energy.

Just take a look around the interwebz it is a combination people are very fond of.

Enjoy !

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For home-based folks, I found a morning workout changes everything and sets the tone for a great day.

Even a workout that isn't the best.

There have been times when I went to the gym in the early morning not because I felt like it, but because I knew just doing so would make the day more productive.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
For home-based folks, I found a morning workout changes everything and sets the tone for a great day.

There have been times when I went to the gym in the early morning not because I felt like it, but because I knew just doing so would make the day more productive.

As Terry Crews said:

Go to the gym, don't even work out. Just GO. Because the habit of going to the gym is more important than the work out. Because it doesn't matter what you do. You can have fun - but as long as you're having fun, you continue to do it.

There are times when - I'm not even kidding - there are times when I"m in the middle of a work out, and actually woke up because I am so engrained with going to the gym and being there - it's that much of a habit to me. The first thing I do in the morning is work out - I lay out my workout clothes the night before, and just hop in 'em.

So lay out your clothes, and go to the gym, and relax.

But sooner or later, you WILL work out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
As Terry Crews said:

Go to the gym, don't even work out. Just GO. Because the habit of going to the gym is more important than the work out. Because it doesn't matter what you do. You can have fun - but as long as you're having fun, you continue to do it.

There are times when - I'm not even kidding - there are times when I"m in the middle of a work out, and actually woke up because I am so engrained with going to the gym and being there - it's that much of a habit to me. The first thing I do in the morning is work out - I lay out my workout clothes the night before, and just hop in 'em.

So lay out your clothes, and go to the gym, and relax.

But sooner or later, you WILL work out.

Thanks for the advice, I will definitely put this into practice. One complementary advice I've seen on this is to prepare everything you need for going to the gym the night before so that when you wake up it's much more accessible to go to the gym.

As a matter of fact I started running a few km every morning and so far, I feel more awake although really (physically) tired as well.

My man, what you need is some L-theanine.

It is found in green tea (in small amounts), but I'd recommend you purchase in it pills/powder form.

You want a 1:2 ratio caffeine to l-theanine.

As for the effects, when combined with coffee (caffeine), it literally takes away all the sides of caffeine. Leaving you with a wonderful energy.

Just take a look around the interwebz it is a combination people are very fond of.

Enjoy !

Didn't even know this existed. I'll see where I can find some and try out. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.