The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google Home

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Next week is my birthday and since Google Home was released yesterday in Australia, I decided that's what my wife would buy me. We wandered down to the electronics store and picked one up yesterday morning along with a Belkin WeMo power plug for our TV.

OMG is that thing fun!

When our dog was a puppy, he got hold of our TV remote and gave it a seriously good chew. It didn't really damage it beyond the aesthetics but lately the power button has started to become problematic and I'd been looking at spending $50 for a new remote.

But being able to say, "Hey Google, turn on the TV" and the TV fires up is HUGELY satisfying.

"Hey Google, play Glow from Netflix on Chromecast" and have a TV show fire up straightaway is awesome.

I got the NHL app on my phone to Chromecast a game from the Stanley Cup final and then said, "Hey Google, fast forward 5 minutes" and it controls that too! As a Leafs fan in Australia, I watch about 70 Leaf games a year, but the NHL app sucks for time control - now Google Home fixes that for me too.

"Hey Google, play Despacito" and it goes into Spotify and plays Despacito. That sucked a$$, I've not found a way to stop it from playing shitty music like that, so that's something to work on.

My son is going to be 14 in September and like all teenage boys, he's a slack a$$ getting ready and leaving for school in the mornings. So last night before I went to bed, "Hey Google, set an alarm for 8am tomorrow morning".

He's supposed to leave at 8am - suddenly, at 8am I hear him downstairs yelling, "Ok Google, Stop". He comes up to tell us the Google Home is malfunctioning and I explain that I set the alarm to get him out the door. He was not impressed, but my wife enjoyed it.

This is great technology - I feel like Captain Jean-Luc Picard while sitting on my couch.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

just10

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jul 16, 2017
Knoxville
"Hey Google, play Despacito" and it goes into Spotify and plays Despacito. That sucked a$$, I've not found a way to stop it from playing shitty music like that, so that's something to work on.

This line was pretty funny! I didn't realize google home could control your tv, cool! If I wasn't trying not to spend unnecessary money I would get one.

-Brian-

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 19, 2017
Florida
I've got the Amazon Echo and love it, but mostly for yelling for song changes while in the pool. I confess, I haven't used it much more than a hands free music player, but I do know it will integrate with a lot of other things.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.