The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Lurking to Doing (Private Label)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Averaging 4-5 sales a day. First wave of Instagram influence about to unveil. Have not started PPC yet.

This seems like a solid start. If there are only 4 other players in your space, and the 2 are dominating it, this sounds like you found a good niche.

Were you happy with the product? Do you feel you were able to make it unique and have benefits over the other products?

I'll be watching your progress - congrats so far! Seems like you've gotten through the first major roadblock that keeps most people from even starting... ponying up the cash and getting a physical product in!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

undertheradar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 6, 2017
California
This seems like a solid start. If there are only 4 other players in your space, and the 2 are dominating it, this sounds like you found a good niche.

Were you happy with the product? Do you feel you were able to make it unique and have benefits over the other products?

I'll be watching your progress - congrats so far! Seems like you've gotten through the first major roadblock that keeps most people from even starting... ponying up the cash and getting a physical product in!

There has been 1 more entrant into the market. All good, I knew this was inevitable. The same 2 guys are dominating the market.

I am 99% happy with my product. It comes in 2 sizes, 1 of the sizes - the specs are perfect. The other size is about 1mm off, which does not affect performance but I am generally a perfectionist. If the market notices this 1mm and complains, I will be forced to invest in a new mold to correct this.

As far as unique benefits, my product has 1 selling point that is better than all others. Competitors can copy me in the future with new molds but it is what it is.

Yesterday, I had the most visits (30) to my Shopify site but no sales. I need to figure out what to tweak in order to convert better.

Amazon is going OK, it's like pushing a huge boulder, need to build momentum. I feel my listing/keywords could be better optimized. I am considering what tools (if any) to purchase right now, or tweak things manually and continue Instagram growth which makes the most sales, which in turn better ranks my Amazon listing, which in turn increases organic sales.

undertheradar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 6, 2017
California
When you put yourself out there, haters are inevitable. The #1 guy in my niche did some trash talking on my social media pages the other day. It's kinda flattering.
On to what matters: hit double digit sales today for the first time :cool:

Last edited:

undertheradar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 6, 2017
California
Just like that boys, sales were going slow for the past 3 days, then with a tweak that may have contributed, I doubled my PR from 8 to 16 units in 1 day since being live for almost 3 weeks. Keep hustling.

undertheradar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 6, 2017
California
Closed my first month with over 200 units at $7 net profit. Aiming for at least 300 units next month. No paid advertisements. My only marketing is my Instagram that is automated to like potential customers' pictures.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

undertheradar

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jan 6, 2017
California
Black Friday / Cyber Monday is for real. I’m gonna enjoy this win for a bit then back at it! It’s been a crazy journey since this project took form back in January! Feel free to ask questions!

Attachments

• BB709230-2452-4977-84AD-92310347D894.png
    BB709230-2452-4977-84AD-92310347D894.png
    232.5 KB · Views: 26

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content