The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Me, myself and I

Organize Foria

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jun 26, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Hello, Fastlane Forum Folks!

My name is Hannah, I am half Cypriot and half Dutch. Currently living in Vienna, Austria with my boyfriend who is also a member of the forum.

After I quit my job twice in a row I decided to start my own business - as a professional organizer. With a Master Degree in Design and a Bachelor in Interior Architecture, I realised I want to improve existing spaces instead of creating new ones. Through de-cluttering, daily life can be improved.
Live simply. Life is complicated enough :)

I joined the forum to connect with other people who are already self-employed, get inspired and hopefully inspire others.

Let's do this!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

bonitachika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 20, 2017
USA
welcome to the forum! It is cool and great idea to reorganize the give space, while it is really easy to organize something new. And it is very cool that you do such helpful things like space reorganizing

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
After I quit my job twice in a row I decided to start my own business - as a professional organizer.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm curious, how are you getting clients to organize for? Who is your typical clientele?

Organize Foria

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jun 26, 2017
Vienna, Austria
welcome to the forum! It is cool and great idea to reorganize the give space, while it is really easy to organize something new. And it is very cool that you do such helpful things like space reorganizing

Thanks, Bonitachika! Yes living an organized life has so many benefits! To be surrounded by only the things you need gives you energy, whereas clutter in one's life, causes stress, time-loss and a need for wanting more instead of less.

What sort of business are you in?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bonitachika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 20, 2017
USA
Thanks, Bonitachika! Yes living an organized life has so many benefits! To be surrounded by only the things you need gives you energy, whereas clutter in one's life, causes stress, time-loss and a need for wanting more instead of less.

What sort of business are you in?
You are absolutely right! If we organize our surrounding, we get more time to enjoy our life. As for me I have several businesses, however I enjoy very much being a marketing consultant.

Organize Foria

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
367%
Jun 26, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Welcome to the forum!

I'm curious, how are you getting clients to organize for? Who is your typical clientele?

Hello amp0193!

Finding the right clients is one of biggest challenges I am facing. So far I have only had clients that I know personally or that know someone that I know (mouth to mouth).

But since I want to expand I will have to spend more money and time on marketing my ideas and getting out there. I have some sort of strategy, but I do think its the hardest part.

Some ideas...
- I will use social media (make videos, pics, blog posts) to provide free knowledge and at the same time create credibility
- I will send out flyers
- Publish articles in local newspaper

To answer your question, my typical clientele is mostly women between 35 and 65 years old.

My idea is to present the profession in a different light.

1. Prepare for the future. How much clutter will you leave behind?
The idea is that losing a loved one is already hard enough. Dealing with their personal belongings when they are gone is even harder. I want people to think about that even though thinking about not being here anymore, is something people prefer not to. A great benefit of de-cluttering after one's pension is that this way, you can decide what is important and what is kept and by who.

Im having a hard time, how to present this idea without scaring people... Any thoughts?

2. Declutter and learn English!
The average level of English is very poor in Austria, yet my experience showed me that most are really eager to learn. So I will offer my service in English, so we de-clutter in English instead of German and have a win-win situation.

My clients can improve their English, de-clutter and reorganize their space/life :)

Would love to hear your thoughts and thanks for the interest!

p.s. Sorry for the late reply. I replied already some days ago, but I see know I must have done something wrong, cause I could not find my answer...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...