The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a New Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
I work in software sales. Pays well.

In sales i've learned a lot and I'm starting a new biz. Freelance skill that pays well and can do it from anywhere. Rather not spill all of the beans on a public forum. You can guess if you want. Someone else on this forum does it.

Not reinventing the wheel. Just breaking into a new market.

2 parts: Portfolio and Companies to reach out.

Today: Got a list of ~40 new prospects and started finding the names of the LinkedIn. Need to get ~35 more contacts from LinkedIn to Inmail. Going to Inmail and Call a week later if they have a public number.

Portfolio: Put some stuff together. I probably have 10 hours here to make something usable.

I will work on this for a bit each day and record progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Today: Starting to finish the portfolio. Should be done this week or next

Working on finding the leads, Might pay a VA to do this. Not sure yet.

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Decided it might be worth it to get a VA -- finding the leads is simple data that takes me way too much time.

Going to start looking soonish -- however in the meantime I will keep working with what I currently have.

Got a lot of stuff done today. Finished most of the lead list and have a portfolio almost put together. Going to start reaching out in a few days to a week see if I can secure my first paying client.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Long weekend. Compile lead list (soon to be done), get portfolio together and then make initial reach outs.

I'd rather not say exactly what it is due to a public forum. Let's say it's slightly related to marketing/copywriting.

The key here is the prospects are already fairly large organizations that make a ton of money. I only need 1, maybe 2, to be successful here.

Last edited:

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Got my first job.

Doesn't pay a ton at all (3 figures), but still, traction is nice... Also considering the job can be done very quickly.

However it is dependent on performance (I think I can give the fact is copywriting related away) and it does add to the portfolio and give me more recognition when reaching out as it is for a pretty good name.

Also came from my "inbound source", so I didn't have to do much to get it & adds to the momentum.

Last edited:

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
Job 1 is coming along. Will submit something this week...

Going to cold outreach to 10 people on Wednesday after the holiday. Will update with results.

I honestly think the hardest part is the mindset -- after being drilled so hard growing up & by college on getting a job.

Working in sales is the best thing to happen to me. Makes it like running your own business and I learned a ton.

Will update wed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.