The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any appliance repair techs/business owners in here? Looking for a way to keep track of work orders.

tonyf7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Oct 27, 2016
Arkansas
I own a small two man used appliance sales and repair biz. Business is starting pick up quickly and I need a better way to keep track of work orders.

Currently I use Google Keep which I use to simply jot down notes when I get a new job.

Basic info like the customer's name, address, phone number, and when the repair is underway, I add additional info like the diagnosis, appliance model numbers, part numbers and pricing. Keep also let's me set reminders so I don't forget to follow up with my customers and/or pick up parts from the store that I ordered.

Anyone with experience in this industry know of any good programs, preferably mobile friendly (Android), that I can use in the field?

Google pops up tons of companies that request your email and phone number just to get a demo or free trail. Not even screenshots are offered. They also seem way more advanced that what I need right now. We're not at that level... yet.

Just need something simple to keep me organized.

Thanks for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I own a small two man used appliance sales and repair biz. Business is starting pick up quickly and I need a better way to keep track of work orders.

Currently I use Google Keep which I use to simply jot down notes when I get a new job.

Basic info like the customer's name, address, phone number, and when the repair is underway, I add additional info like the diagnosis, appliance model numbers, part numbers and pricing. Keep also let's me set reminders so I don't forget to follow up with my customers and/or pick up parts from the store that I ordered.

Anyone with experience in this industry know of any good programs, preferably mobile friendly (Android), that I can use in the field?

Google pops up tons of companies that request your email and phone number just to get a demo or free trail. Not even screenshots are offered. They also seem way more advanced that what I need right now. We're not at that level... yet.

Just need something simple to keep me organized.

Thanks for your help.
Freshbooks was recommended by @Fox in his web design thread.

I haven't used it for actual invoices, but I did check it out and you can mock up estimates and bill customers. I do know that they can process credit cards.

When I played around with it, they had a 30 day free trial. No credit card required. I'm not sure if that's still the case but it's worth checking out.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Way to go! When you get $4000 or so saved up let me know and I will help you get some good washers and dryers to sell. And if you want, stoves and refrigerators.

I'm a pen & paper guy as much as I can. You might look in to a thing called Yard Book. It is for lawn care guys but it very well could work for what you need. The last I knew, most of it was free. The guy's name is Brian and he is very helpful. Check it out and if you have any questions just ask him, he will get back with you within 1 day. It let's you set appointments and I think just about everything you should need. And be sure to click on atleast 1 sales link to help them keep the site as free as possible. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.