The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie without anything to offer here

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Hey Guys,

I am new here the only thing I have to show for is my desire to be an entrepreneur and become
rich. I have no skills and currently stuck in a mental rut, but I hope to progress with the help
of this forum. I have silently read here and it`s awesome. You guys are honest but nice and supportive at the same time. There are a few millionaires here. Makes me feel like its not that
special and a reachable Goal for the average Joe.

I look forward to stimulating discussions,

Rammsteinfanboy

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
What brought you here?

Hey Guys,

I am new here the only thing I have to show for is my desire to be an entrepreneur and become
rich. I have no skills and currently stuck in a mental rut, but I hope to progress with the help
of this forum. I have silently read here and it`s awesome. You guys are honest but nice and supportive at the same time. There are a few millionaires here. Makes me feel like its not that

Rammsteinfanboy

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Okay let me start over:

Hey Guys,

I am new and I think I couldn`t be worse off for the entrepreneur journey. In Short: I am 27,
have never worked in my life, learned something, developed interests or skills due to a livelong battle with mental illness issues. I dont know anything about anything.

Now I want to be an Entrepreneur. I have lofty dreams but am also realistic and selfcritical. I have several Problems right now.

I need some skills and knowledge if I want to sell a product and a service. And those two things
can only be aquired through year long practice. Do you agree? Even the young entrepreneurs
did something for several years before they started such as programming websites going to the Uni etc. So should I forget Entrepreneurship entirely for now?

And that leads to the next Problem. What should I do? Where should I start?
I don`t know my interests and strengths. I dont know anything. How does economy work?
etc?

I am stuck in paralysis by analysis and information masturbation. I only have this lofty unrealistic Idea that I need to be disruptive and innovative. I find this interesting about the big names. They have different perspectives. But that doesnt help me getting started.

I have more on my mind. But for now I`d be happy if you offer me your opinion for "just"
these Problems. I tried to get out of the rut for the last 5 weeks but now I need advice.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Okay let me start over:

Hey Guys,

I am new and I think I couldn`t be worse off for the entrepreneur journey. In Short: I am 27,
have never worked in my life, learned something, developed interests or skills due to a livelong battle with mental illness issues. I dont know anything about anything.

Now I want to be an Entrepreneur. I have lofty dreams but am also realistic and selfcritical. I have several Problems right now.

I need some skills and knowledge if I want to sell a product and a service. And those two things
can only be aquired through year long practice. Do you agree? Even the young entrepreneurs
did something for several years before they started such as programming websites going to the Uni etc. So should I forget Entrepreneurship entirely for now?

I don`t know my interests and strengths. I dont know anything. How does economy work?
etc?

I am stuck in paralysis by analysis and information masturbation. I only have this lofty unrealistic Idea that I need to be disruptive and innovative. I find this interesting about the big names. They have different perspectives. But that doesnt help me getting started.

I have more on my mind. But for now I`d be happy if you offer me your opinion for "just"
these Problems. I tried to get out of the rut for the last 5 weeks but now I need advice.

You've never worked on anything? Do you live with your parents? Also, and you can ignore this question because I understand it is quite invasive - what mental illnesses are you dealing with?

If you don't need to make money - sure you can start by learning skills. That is an option and it can make you employable at the least. It would definitely be a good idea to get a job if you don't have a social life.

What I would say is read UNSCRIPTED as it deals with a lot of issues that it seems you have with mindset. Business is about providing value and you can still do that with just an idea, ambition, and some intelligence. Learning as you go is not uncommon.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
Okay let me start over:

Hey Guys,

etc?

Did you read TMF /Unscripted ? In the books you find your answers.
Probably the best advice at this moment. Good luck !

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
If you don't need to make money - sure you can start by learning skills. That is an option and it can make you employable at the least. It would definitely be a good idea to get a job if you don't have a social life.

What I would say is read UNSCRIPTED as it deals with a lot of issues that it seems you have with mindset. Business is about providing value and you can still do that with just an idea, ambition, and some intelligence. Learning as you go is not uncommon.[/QUOTE]

No I live with roommates. I have depression.
Thats one of my problems, I dont know which skill I should learn, there are so many possibilities. Stockmarket, The internet
and its endless possibilities for everything, people make money by doing weird stuff. Fascinating. But I am overwhelmed and
I don`t know where to start.

I have a parttime job in a flowershop.

Stupid Question, but you mean this Book right? https://www.amazon.de/Unscripted-Unpredictable-Moments-That-Extraordinary/dp/080107410X

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
Did you read TMF /Unscripted ? In the books you find your answers.
Probably the best advice at this moment. Good luck !
Hey Guys,

Rammsteinfanboy

What I would say is read UNSCRIPTED as it deals with a lot of issues that it seems you have with mindset. Business is about providing value and you can still do that with just an idea, ambition, and some intelligence. Learning as you go is not uncommon.

Thats one

Stupid Question, but you mean this Book right? https://www.amazon.de/Unscripted-Unpredictable-Moments-That-Extraordinary/dp/080107410X[/QUOTE]
I mean unscripted by MJ DeMarco,
The man that build this forum in the first place :)
Also read The millionaire fastlane there is a ton off information.
You will learn to take action on the right things and build your fastlane mind !
Also dont make the statement that you have nothing to offer, everybody has value !

Last edited:

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Hey man. If there's anything that we can tell you that will help you immediately, it's simply to believe in yourself.

Get it in your mind that you have something to offer.

Everybody does. They just don't know it yet.

Everybody feels that way at one point or another. Everybody has doubtful moments.

You must realize that nobody is immune to problems. Not me, not MJ, not anyone on this forum.

Adversity hits everybody.

The important thing is how you respond to it and deal with it. Problems are good. Get that into your head. They contain the key. Figure out what that means : problems are good.

You are a unique individual. And your life is unique. Your perspective of life already is something to offer : There's surely something in there that can teach somebody, even everybody.

Read the forums, read what interests you. There are lots of quality people here. And just by reading, interacting with members and inundating yourself with these stuff, you will evolve and change and eventually begin to know where to go.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
Sorry if I'm being invasive but it is the utmost priority to have your depression dealt with professionally.

Are you paired up with a psychologist? Are you on any pills like Esitalo or similar? Do you have a support group?

If you haven't got any help, I advice you seek them ASAP. It is difficult to fight on two fronts, when your brain is under siege 24/7.

Fastlane can wait.

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Sorry if I'm being invasive but it is the utmost priority to have your depression dealt with professionally.

Are you paired up with a psychologist? Are you on any pills like Esitalo or similar? Do you have a support group?

If you haven't got any help, I advice you seek them ASAP. It is difficult to fight on two fronts, when your brain is under siege 24/7.

Fastlane can wait.

All Bases are covered, (I have a therapist etc). I disagree with you. Every Behavioral Therapist will say, that developing Interests,
new Sources of Selfesteem will build me up and get me out of my Head. Its the best thing I can do for my mental health.

Nily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
241%
Jun 27, 2016
Sydney
All Bases are covered, (I have a therapist etc). I disagree with you. Every Behavioral Therapist will say, that developing Interests,
new Sources of Selfesteem will build me up and get me out of my Head. Its the best thing I can do for my mental health.
Glad to hear that.

If opening a business is a gateway to recovery, I hope you make substantial traction in the near future. The quicker, the better.

Ascension

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Feb 1, 2016
Germany
Hey man, welcome to the forum!

Don't say you have nothing to offer, even if you know nothing about anything you still have a unique perspective and your own experiences we can all learn from. So, thanks in advance :)

Regarding the skills you should learn, that is a little difficult to answer. Each situation will require it's own specific skillset and you will rarely know what that will be in advance. So you might be best off first finding a venture you want to persue and then learn the skills as needed.
If you really want to learn a skill you might want to look into sales or marketing which are needed in basically any business and will make it clearer to you what customers look out for when buying. And therefore enable you to better evalutate your potential business.

Also I can only agree with those before me, read Unscripted and The Millionaire Fastlane , they both had a tremendous impact on myself and countless others in regards to business and life itself

Rosie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 14, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey Rammsteinfanboy,

I'm new here too. I too have been stuck in a mental rut for what seems like forever. You've been given some awesome advice here which has helped me too (thanks guys!)

A massive takeaway for me from this forum has been to simply concentrate on helping others. Help someone out, no matter how small. After all, business is solving problems for others.

Ps - I like Rammstein :D

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Buy something. Then sell it for more than it cost you. Start there.

Report back and we'll try to help. We won't give you exact steps. We will try to steer / shepherd.

Good luck!

azntitan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 17, 2017
NYC
Step by Step guide:

Go work at taco bell. Or McDonalds. Or Whatever fast food restaurant.

Develop some discipline to make it to work on time and to do a good job there. Try to get part-time hours so that you have tie to do the next thing:

Start reading in your free time. Millionaire Fast Lane, Choose yourself, Zero to One. You need to read because entrepreneurship is hard and you need all the valuable knowledge you can get.

Do some research on these ways to make money online:

- amazon writing

- copywriting

- affiliate marketing

These are the easiest for newbies to start with.

Also I'd check udemy.com for $10 course deals. There you can learn anything from web design to programming to photoshop to creating your own udemy course, etc, etc. They really do offer everything there.

Spend like 6 months doing all those things then report back here your progress. Goodluck!

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I'm going to repeat myself. Honestly, if you haven't started it, just read UNSCRIPTED immediately. I can't think of a more effective way for you to spend your time right now. It will get you on the same page as everyone else here.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Hey Guys,

Rammsteinfanboy

you have something very important to offer

your intelligence

most people are zombies and an insult to dignity

they die at 25 and are buried at 75 . they are on auto pilot for life

you are searching for answers

they are pleasure seeking machines

they don't care about human dignity . i agree with Nietzsche here.

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Okay Guys, I need your input again, don`t get me wrong, I don`t want you to do my work for me, but I am just stuck, can you give some advice.. 2 things are on my mind:

I may not have the right personality for being an Entrepreneur. I did the gallupstrength test. I essentially crave harmony,
being significant, I am consistent and I have strong beliefs. I dont like competition and aggression. Maybe I have prejudices
about Entrepreneurship, but I dont see myself able to compete with that traits. Social professions seem to be more fitting
to me, than any Job in the economy. But they dont make you rich.

2. Thing. I still just can`t get myself into action and choosing a specific "career". I am not pracical, I overthink, I am more
futuristic than practical, I`d rather like the idea about thinking abou innovative marketing strategies, sophisticated mental tricks and thinking patterns rather than "Just" selling something.

I dont ask you for doing the thinking for me, just: Any of you are overthinker and Dreamer too? How do you manage these Traits? And am I not "dry" enough for economy? I am a futuristic dreamer, who is more fascinated by the innovative thinking
by the Huge players like Steve Jobs rather than the "boring, practical" side of entrepreneurship: A product that is supposed to be sold to the public. End of Story.

Rammsteinfanboy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jun 7, 2017
Germany
Ps: I just realized that you gave me specific suggestions such as selling somehing, affiliate marketing etc.
But please respond anyway.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Thats one of my problems, I dont know which skill I should learn, there are so many possibilities. Stockmarket, The internet
and its endless possibilities for everything, people make money by doing weird stuff. Fascinating. But I am overwhelmed and
I don`t know where to start.
I think we've all been there before. What are you doing about your depression? Start moving and taking action! Get yourself in a routine every day and working on disciplining your thoughts, emotions, feelings. Overwhelmed? Focus on one thing at a time!

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Okay Guys, I need your input again, don`t get me wrong, I don`t want you to do my work for me, but I am just stuck, can you give some advice.. 2 things are on my mind:

I may not have the right personality for being an Entrepreneur. I did the gallupstrength test. I essentially crave harmony,
being significant, I am consistent and I have strong beliefs. I dont like competition and aggression. Maybe I have prejudices
about Entrepreneurship, but I dont see myself able to compete with that traits. Social professions seem to be more fitting
to me, than any Job in the economy. But they dont make you rich.

2. Thing. I still just can`t get myself into action and choosing a specific "career". I am not pracical, I overthink, I am more
futuristic than practical, I`d rather like the idea about thinking abou innovative marketing strategies, sophisticated mental tricks and thinking patterns rather than "Just" selling something.

I dont ask you for doing the thinking for me, just: Any of you are overthinker and Dreamer too? How do you manage these Traits? And am I not "dry" enough for economy? I am a futuristic dreamer, who is more fascinated by the innovative thinking
by the Huge players like Steve Jobs rather than the "boring, practical" side of entrepreneurship: A product that is supposed to be sold to the public. End of Story.

First of all, welcome to the forum Rammsteinfanboy.

What I have read about you so far is a man stuck in life and has nowhere to go and don't know what to do about it. Am I right? In this case, I would start by looking inside yourself and see what do you want out of life? Ask the question: what is it that makes you, you? There's no one else here in this forum or anywhere that is going to tell you who you are except yourself. There's a reason why were all here, there is a purpose and soon as you find it it, believe me, it'll be a great celebration.

We all have our demons to deal with regardless what we're doing in life, depression, anxiety etc. I was like that once, for a very long time until I found myself recently. And I know that this is going to sound taboo, but TMF (I am now in the process of reading/listening to "Unscripted ") helped me out of the "scripted" life I was in. If you read what is inside and truly understand it's contents it'll help you where you need to go.

If I totally misunderstood you, then again, welcome to the forum.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I am a futuristic dreamer, who is more fascinated by the innovative thinking by the Huge players like Steve Jobs rather than the "boring, practical" side of entrepreneurship: A product that is supposed to be sold to the public.

Thing is, even Steve Jobs started out the same way. You can't begin at the Billionaire CEO thinking innovative tech mogul position, you must go through a process.

And helping others is not boring at all. You still think that you're trying to sell something, no, no, no.

You're here to help people solve their problems. Anybody who does that get rewarded in all sorts of ways.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Start with absorbing information. Read through the gold threads. If you're unsure about where to start, read and learn. As the words pass through your brain you will come up with ideas for business or product improvements. I would write all of that stuff down. Just get your creativity flowing.
Second is stop using the word "problem". There are no problems, only challenges, challenges that have solutions that can be worked through.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...