The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"RE-introduction" (old member!)

Leoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2012
Los Angeles/Tokyo
I originally joined this forum in 2012 after being inspired by TMF . I posted pretty actively upon joining, but shortly thereafter, I was diagnosed with spinal cord damage. For the next several months, all my attention was consumed by the surgery and rehab. Upon full recovery, a consulting firm (owned by my former supervisor) approached me to work for them as an independent contractor. For the past 3-4 years, I’ve been working for them about 10 hours per week and making about $75k per year (which isn’t too bad, but I’m still trading my time for money, and that’s not Fastlane!).

Anyhow, that whole ordeal made me completely forget about the Fastlane Forum!

But just a couple days ago (on May 24th to be exact), I got an email from MJ announcing his new book UNSCRIPTED . In a flash, all the past memories of my entrepreneurial aspirations came back to me. I immediately ordered the eBook on Amazon. In the past 3 days, I’ve devoured 73% of it (according the Kindle), and I expect to finish the book by tomorrow. I’ve highlighted hundreds of pieces wisdom, and each highlighted sentence is easily worth the price of the whole book!

I consider my current situation to be ideal for implementing entrepreneurial processes. Since I can make a living (albeit barely) off of my 10 hours/week as independent contractor, I have plenty of time leftover.

In fact, I’ve actually been working on a brick & mortar project for the past few months (I wish I had remembered about this Forum back then). We are coming very close to a point of no return, as big financial commitments may soon be made by the stakeholders. The release of UNSCRIPTED was serendipitously timely, and I am already evaluating our proposed business model through the CENTS paradigm (and so far so good!). I will post more on that in the near future once I determine the appropriate forum. I’ll most likely join the INSIDERS Forum and post it there. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions on where best to post.

Cheers!

Leo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back Leo, glad to hear you are recovered from the injury. Best news of all.

Leoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2012
Los Angeles/Tokyo
Thanks guys. I have to count my blessings.
  • First, I'm neither quadriplegic nor dead, both of which were possibilities with a herniated disc stabbing at my spinal cord like an icepick and bending it backwards near the base of my skull.
  • Second, I have a part-time job that requires no commute and generally pays me the equivalent of a mediocre full-time salary (even though the income is highly volatile and unreliable, which is what actually motivates me towards entrepreneurship).
  • Third, I have zero debt (other than my mom being my mortgage lender for my home so that I can deduct the mortgage interest that I pay to her while she pays no taxes on her interest income because that's her only income and therefore she falls into the 0% bracket).
  • Fourth, I've never been married, and I don't have kids.
  • Lastly, I have access to this forum where I can share ideas and get guidance on my entrepreneurial activities.
Conditions are favorable!

The fact of the matter is that I've already sort of tasted the UNSCRIPTED lifestyle, at least with respect to my work. I wake up whenever I want, there's no commute, and I work wherever/whenever I want. Having tasted the UNSCRIPTED lifestyle, there is absolutely no going back for me to the SCRIPTED life, NO MATTER WHAT. I would literally rather DIE (or at least live homeless or get ordained as a monastic) than to go SCRIPTED again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...