The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From an analyst/poker player to... a Fastlaner?

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Hello mates!

TL;DR: An applied mathematics almost-graduate, working as a data analyst and online poker player has learned how to become free with one simple trick [CLICK AND SEE HOW! BANKS HATE HIM!]

First things first - hello. Good to finally be here. I've missed you, though we have never met before :) I kind of feel like the Fastlane is my element, like I've always belonged here, yet most of my life unconsciously.

Who the hell is this weirdo? A sixth-sensed, inner-eyed, supernatural esotherist freak?
Far from the truth ;)

[Slowlane]
I've been following the Slowlane for like 3 years now. To be honest, when I had got to know it, I felt like a demigod at first. It was during one of a '$100 today is worth $100.000.000 in 50 years' lectures on my university conducted by some external company of financial advisors. I have 'awaken' and my goal has been set to 'save as much as I can'.
In the beggining it was quite easy, haha. I was saving 100% of my income! Well, 100% of $0 is still 100%, but my saving account was not growing at all - I was not working at that time.
Then I finished my Bachelor's in applied mathematics and started working for an international company as a data analyst. I felt like a demigod again. I have always been an IT/maths guy and the labour market has welcomed me with open arms and high wage despite the lack of working experience. The door to Slowlane suddenly opened - I could start saving almost half of my income.

[Online Poker]
Somewhen around then I started playing online poker. After short time I learned that with proper strategy the game is much more of a skill game rather than gambling. Then I realised the game has been made for me - who is going to win if not an intelligent, fast-learning maths guy with degree in statistics?
The potential hourly wage was much higher than in any job I could get within several years. I just needed to put some effort in and advance in stakes. The numbers spinned in my head: If I start to earn this and that, save this and that, with this return rate, maybe I'll be able to retire not at 60 but 55? 50? Whoa! I only need to put a lot of effort, spend gazzilion of hours in work/poker and I'll be reach in no time.

[Fastlane]
I've been doubting the Slowlane for quite a while. The assumed 8-10% of yearly return rate was impossible to achive with my current knowledge and funds, my job has become a pain in the a$$ and my poker career detoured and I got stuck on relatively low stakes, which did not get me the income I have been dreaming of. The motivation has worn off - but not because I've got tired, but because I've simply become suspicious. I just needed someone or something to confirm my suspicions... You almost can foresee what happened next ;)

In fact, the poker career has taught me much more than I would have expected before; maybe even more crucial knowledge than my university degrees. A professional poker player that I have been (professional as attitude, not as occupation) is an extremely-well-organised person, with perfect time management, self-conscious about his weak/strong points, with properly designed short and long term goals, developing not only his in-game-strategy but also his game and life mindset. I've read dozens of books on psychology, economics, time management, self-development, investments and...
On may, 6th my poker coach has accidentally asked me whether I have read The Millionaire Fastlane ...

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

BOOM!

I knew the title, It has been on my to-read-list for quite a while, but at the time I added it there, it was unavailable in Poland. The moment I realised it's no longer the case, I've ordered it with no hesitation.

And my Slowlane dream has been slaughtered and massacred.

Now I am here, with a head full of ideas, motivated high as f..., eager to act with no time to lose. My current job contract ends in October and by that time I want to become a full-time entrepreneur. No half-measures. By that time I need to build something to show to my Slowlane family/friends. I will need their help and support, which I won't get if I don't convince them that what I'm about to do is right.

In fact I have an idea for a web service - idea based on needs/demand, idea fulfilling The Five Commandements, idea that some of my friends liked very much and ecouraged me to try to execute. At the moment I'm just dubious:
  • Is the idea good or does it just sound good?
  • Is the market need real or is it just my feeling?
  • How to check that?
  • Won't it be too hard for me? At first glance it requires many skills in many areas that I do not have at the moment
  • Do I underestimate the time I need to execute it?
  • What does the lack of competition tell me? Opportunity or a dead-end? I've found only one web-service alike, which in my perspective is carried out poorly and could be significantly improved.
  • Should I share the idea here so you could judge it? Or keep it to myself so that nobody 'borrows' it? :D

Ok, that should be enough as an introduction. Huh, a wall of text. I'd better ad a TLDR at the top :D Done!

Cheers!
Hubert

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...