The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Julia here

Gwenqou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Aug 10, 2016
Hello Julia from NY here, turned 21 recently(hooray!). I've been in this forum for almost a year but I haven't really introduced myself. I've been reading a lot of great posts by you guys and I have to say, I learned a TON and...action taken (This may be a long post)

The TMF book changed my life when I was Interning last summer. For those who hate going to work, I had the best kind of Internship. Everyday I sat there and did nothing. Literally had to find things to do to fill my time. I felt like I was wasting my time yet I remembered telling my friend "yea next summer I want to get an internship in XYZ (a big name company). I'm on the right track". Part of me felt weird as I was imagining getting a great internship -> full time offer -> working -> retirement. Then there goes my life. But that's the NORMAL way so I just accepted it. Then I came across TML and Holy cow this book changed everything.

Over the summer, I got a startup idea that (supposedly) solves a market pain and before I threw the idea away, I thought "why don't I work on it. Let's do it. Nothing is stopping me from doing it". So I started to take action and even learning coding for the platform. Two months of 8+ hrs of daily coding later. I went from zero coding experience to having a complete RoR web application with many features, only to find out there's no need in the market. Yea I learned my lesson: Lean startup. I put that project aside and started in the eCommerce field since my friend was doing it and I could learn everything from him. Fast forward, I started it 3 months ago and now it's earning me $4000 profit a month while working 6 hours a week max. Of course this is nothing compared to the big guys. Eventually I want to tap into the Licensing field as the income would be more passive with less hassle.

My life now is different from the one a year ago. I resist the scripted path. More Action will be taken, and I will try to contribute as much as possible as I had learned a lot (building website, pricing strategy &etc.. ) from you guys. Thanks a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Part of me felt weird as I was imagining getting a great internship -> full time offer -> working -> retirement.

Ahhh the rumblings of a Scripted existence...

Thank you for posting an intro and coming out of the shadows after a year. Welcome aboard.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Welcome Julia. The actions that you have taken so far are a great start. Curious-- are you in the city or Upstate NY? I'm in the Capital District...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...