The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello, New Member Currently In Slowlane Looking To Generate Fastlane Opportunities

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Hello,

My name is David and I live in Southern Utah. I am here because I have listened to TMF audiobook 10+ times but have yet to take any action (analysis paralysis). By immersing myself in the community, I plan to break though the action barrier.

My Story- Went to college and grad school for physics, lived on the sidewalk the entire time which lead to much debt. Transitioned to the slowlane with the current job and excelled (went from being hired at $18 per hour to 85K salary in just over 2 years). My job is also quite enjoyable, I travel every week and do work that is challenging/rewarding. To most outsiders this is a success story so far but there are problems.

First, to progress to salary over 100k will probably take 5 more years and to max out at around 130k would probably be 10-15 years. Of course this won't lead to financial independence until age 50+, but the next problem is the real deal breaker.

Time is life, as MJ so eloquently elucidates in TMF , and this job currently costs me a ton of it. I typically travel 1-3 weeks per trip while working 12 hours days throughout the period. Having a wife and two young children at home makes this a problem. You know its bad when you feel like a guest in your own home. And for my 3 weeks on labor I usually get 1 week off. This is not a trade off that I am comfortable with, which lead me to TMF.

Currently I use my evenings to research fastlane opportunities, but have yet to pull the trigger on any. My main restriction is that it must be internet based since I travel so often. I foresee developing a fastlane business part time in the evenings and then eventually going full time after getting some traction.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and thank you Mr. DeMarco for all the value that you have brought in to my life, I would not have seen the light without your guidance.

P.S. Cant wait for my copy of Unscripted to arrive tomorrow and hopefully the audio book shorty after that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome David and thank you for posting!

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
The best opportunities are found through a shift in perspective! Looking for others complaints, wishes, stressors can provide ideas. Things that you occur with in daily life can spur ideas.
Best of luck!
-Dylan

CaptainAmerica

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Dec 27, 2015
Phoenix OR
Welcome! where in Southern Utah? beautiful, beautiful country!

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Thank you, I live about 30 minutes from St. George. Yes, one of the best decisions I have made thus far was taking control of where to live. Much like MJ describes Chicago in TMF , I grew up in WI and MN and despised the winters. The desert is definitely my natural habitat. After grad school in NE I had had enough cold and went on a search for what I considered the ideal place to live and ended up in southern Utah.

Yes, I enjoy the process life takes one through, you learn to appreciate where you are but still develop new ideas throughout the journey to make things better. In HS I wanted to be in college, in college I wanted more money and a career (before TMF educated me of the pitfalls), now I desire to provide value though a FL business. Life always seem to grow/expand in new directions as long as one does not impede the flow.

zzzebra

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
May 14, 2017
seattle
Welcome David :) I'm in the same position as yourself, and looking for new Fastlane opportunities as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...