The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

At the beginning

oldirty

Shark Hunter
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 14, 2017
USA
...of my fast lane journey. Just wanted to introduce myself. I just found TMF and finished reading with in a few days, I couldn't put the book down. Needless to say I am dedicated to finding my fastlane.

I am a young mechanical engineer (slow lane) with experience in mechanical design, prototype development, CNC machining, and 3D printing. I am looking to leverage these skills to start my fastlane (thinking inventing/product development, product problem solving)

I would love to add value to this forum in my areas of experience. So if anyone needs help with 3D design or invention prototyping please feel free to ask. Looking forward to solving problems.

Thanks,
Oldirty

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So if anyone needs help with 3D design or invention prototyping please feel free to ask.

Nice! That's a geat skill set to have for a Fastlane! Welcome about my friend.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Cool! Welcome to the forum. I always wanted to create a character in 3D. Is it too expensive or complicated to create one demo or sample?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

oldirty

Shark Hunter
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 14, 2017
USA
Cool! Welcome to the forum. I always wanted to create a character in 3D. Is it too expensive or complicated to create one demo or sample?

Price for a print depends on how big your design is and what material you use. 3dhubs makes it very easy to find someone to print your design and the pricing for the cheap materials (abs, pls, hips) is very competive. A small part could cost as little $5. The hardest part is designing your part in CAD.

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Price for a print depends on how big your design is and what material you use. 3dhubs makes it very easy to find someone to print your design and the pricing for the cheap materials (abs, pls, hips) is very competive. A small part could cost as little $5. The hardest part is designing your part in CAD.
Yes, I thought about that. Photoshop has an option to make 3d printing. I will check that. I also was thinking in blender, because is free. Maybe if things go well I will consider buying Maya or some other 3D modeling software.

David Young

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 1, 2015
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Your background gives you a great platform on which to build a future.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum. There's another user on here who's name I cannot remember who does work with CAD. He has a great thread called something like CAD a diem or CAD a day. I have been searching for it for 15 minutes.

Essentially he taught himself CAD and started a business creating custom auto parts. If he's still around, I'm sure y'all would have some stuff to talk about.

But yes, your skill set here will be highly sought after.

Even starting an agency to design and prototype inventions of concepts would be huge.

oldirty

Shark Hunter
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 14, 2017
USA
Thank you all for the welcoming encouragement. Great stuff here.

Welcome to the forum. There's another user on here who's name I cannot remember who does work with CAD. He has a great thread called something like CAD a diem or CAD a day. I have been searching for it for 15 minutes.

Essentially he taught himself CAD and started a business creating custom auto parts. If he's still around, I'm sure y'all would have some stuff to talk about.

But yes, your skill set here will be highly sought after.

Even starting an agency to design and prototype inventions of concepts would be huge.

Sounds interesting, and that's the best way to learn CAD, small bits at a time. If you happen to come across it please feel free to share, my own search was unsuccessful too.

I see my first vehicle as solving problems/needs that I discover by prototyping, product development, and licensing/manufacturing. However, I see a parallel path of leveraging my skills to solve the pre-determined problems of others (i.e. 3d modelling, prototyping, etc.), I'm just not sure what the best path for this is tho, but I'm going to start by doing one at a time.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

oldirty

Shark Hunter
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
May 14, 2017
USA
@oldirty not sure if you've found the thread @Scot was talking about, but I think I have it. Thread is titled CADa Dia, originally posted by Marc B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @oursoc found the thread now that I know who posted it Progress Thread - CADa Dia

Thanks for bringing this back. Very interesting read. It's good to see some physical product development here versus the typical software stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...