The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I've Read UNSCRIPTED!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now that there's several thousands out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

unscripted-xtra-small.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To download the first (5) chapters: HERE
To learn more (website) visit: HERE
To order via Amazon: HERE
To listen via Audible: HERE

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Finished it last night. Many nights I wanted to go to sleep early only to find myself still awake reading and reading. I would definitely read it again - and will.

JustKris

Writing and talking, basically.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Oct 16, 2012
In the mountains
Really liked it. In fact, I'm going to have to read it again. It's like a blast of ice-cold water for somebody sitting in a warm bathtub of mediocrity.

Wanted to see a bit more in developing the Unscripted Mindset, but I suspect that's more about my anxiety than a flaw in the book.

Tedd

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
304%
Jan 13, 2017
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

Hope everyone enjoyed it and found it to be a good "big picture" supplement for The Millionaire Fastlane !

To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

@MJ DeMarco Do we get to collect a new badge "Read UNSCRIPTED ?" ;)

Last edited:

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
I just finished reading UNSCRIPTED .

I highly recommend it. It definitely stands alone from The Millionaire Fastlane . I like how you used the UNSCRIPTED Entrepreneurial Framework to describe the different aspects of becoming unplugged from what's expected/considered "normal."

One of the biggest takeaways for me was the contradiction of having to trade time in order to get time back. And, the recommendation of completely forgetting about it in the short term. It helps to keep me focused as I move forward. Sometimes I get too caught up in how much time I spend on things.

I had a good LOL moment at the GrumpyCat comment too! haha

Thanks for writing another awesome book.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Read the first 5 chapters but when I try to buy at amazon says that "the book will be auto released on May, 23."

Where did you guys read the entire book from?

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Read the whole book and finished it a few weeks back (thank you for the early release). It was brilliant, but now it's making waking up for my slowlane job harder every day.

Took a lot of notes and most importantly, I've been able to narrow down exactly what I want to do for my fastlane business. I'm in the early stages of the execution, but still very excited (identified a need/pain point, researched what's already out there, examined current pricing for similar services, identified common complaints about bad customer service experience for my future competitors that I can take advantage of, etc).

My favorite line from the book - "Momentum paralysis keeps you chained to your past while wasting away your future."

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Read it.

Prob took me a week of little reads here and there. My favorite time was during the day while sitting on my front porch during the warm temps and cool breeze, thinking to myself "glad I can do things like this without being in a cubicle getting micro-managed".

Many of the things in the book I have been telling people for years and wanted to put into words myself. I guess now I can just start gifting this and FL to people instead.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Here this damn thread is. Yup, read it, loved it, and waiting not so patiently for the audiobook!

Ps, I find that reading Unscripted in my car at work between calls very ironic and satisfying :D

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
I finished reading UNSCRIPTED , and it was a smack in the face. I've been wasting far too much time living my SCRIPTED life, and fooling myself into believing I was working towards the Fastlane. This is a beefy philosophical tome, and it fits like a glove with TMF . Loved it. Starting it again, this time with a highlighter and notes for how to implement in my life.

GameOver

World Domination
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 11, 2017
USA
@MJ DeMarco do you plan on doing an Audible release for this one as well? I really enjoyed hearing Fastlane in your own voice... I feel like I got more out of it that way. Hope you do.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Read the first 5 chapters but when I try to buy at amazon says that "the book will be auto released on May, 23."

Where did you guys read the entire book from?
Same for me and I loved every second of it. The author has a way with words that instill chills and goosebumps all over your body haha. Sounds kinda weird lol. I envy MJ because he's so wise. How does one get so wise? Love the unscripted theme!

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona
Just finished it yesterday. I must say you can definitely tell you did your homework and put a ton of effort and thought into creating something great. I liked how you went into depth moreso in the money system and putting it in the back of the book was like the cherry on top! I'll be picking up the audiobook also when it's released.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yikes, one week until release. :wideyed:

Unfortunately the audiobook might not make the release date. It is finished and I am waiting for the ACX QA approval which, according to them, can take up to 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!

startinup

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jul 8, 2016
Midway through my second read...

Another classic MJ :)

I typed up a review on Amazon but it wouldn't let me submit the review. I even tried talking to customer service, and let's just say my experiences was not a SUCS one ;)

Unscripted is informative, entertaining, and hard-hitting. I'm sure most people reading will buy this book, but for anyone on the fence... Buy this book. It is more informative, more specific, and even more entertaining than TMF . I didn't know how MJ would top TMF and even what information he would be able to add, but he came through and wrote a classic.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Now that there's several hundred out there in the wild, guess it is time to start a thread for those of you who have read (or listened to!) UNSCRIPTED !

View attachment 14816

To listen via Audible: Coming Soon.

Please get this to your lil ol' cousins in the UK, I can't wait for this...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's what I see when trying to leave a review.

Yea, I think you have to wait until next Tuesday, May 23rd and after to review. Thanks for the feedback thus far!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.