The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do you deal with Haters?

fresh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Apr 28, 2017
NJ
I tell myself that half the people will love your stuff, half will hate it. It's an even playing field. It is what it is. I may not like what haters say, but I get to choose my reaction which is to simply ignore it. They aren't my audience, so I move on.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
It's usually me that they hate, not what I sell. But once I know they hate me, I wear them down. Some have even 'loved' me after I wear them down. Back in the day it used to give me something to do in my down time. Some are local so I am always sure to go up and introduce myself and then every time I see them I go mess with their head. When they see me walking up with that smile on my face there is no telling what that voice is saying in their head. And if it's on a message board such as this, I do the same except they can't see my smile walking up to them.... but believe that I always have a smile on my face when I'm pissing a hater off. I love it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Why would you waste an ounce of energy or more than a second of your time? Seems like focus should be elsewhere.

The same reason I come here.... I'm bored and it's something different to do every now and then. :)

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
@theag I used to have a master list of words that I would just add to the profanity filter in the Page Settings, so pretty much every comment was auto-hidden, and then daily I'd just go in and approve the good ones to show. Saves a lot of time.
Brilliant!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Two years later, and an updated perspective:

The more successful you become, the less you give a shit about what other people think. At that point you stop competing to "prove haters wrong" and start competing against yourself.

For the most part, I don't deal with haters because I'm rarely interacting with haters.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is traveling these past few months. If you travel for at least a few months to a few countries, you'll realize that you're alone in this world and not constrained by others' visions of yourself. Your friends in America don't like what you're doing? Boo hoo. You're in Monaco. Your Monaco friends think you're poorly mannered because you drink out of your soup bowl? Who cares - that's how everyone does it in Asia.

The best way to deal with haters is to be your best self. You chose who you are so why would you care what others want you to become?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I'm glad you come here to help others. Some might never go the next step without people like you. The more people we can make better, the better this country will be. I help people if they ask me. Not much on here but more in person. My coming here is more boredom, like right now, I had to go mail some stuff so I came here to my 'office' for a little bit. It's midnight, nothing else to do so I'm on here. But for those that are actually busy in life, you ain't got time for dat! You need to move on because Allodds said it all. Why do people care?

That's why I like to mess with people that hate. I don't care what they think.... why on earth would I care? I get bored, late at night and screw with my haters.... but I could care less. It's funny. I have some great in-person hater stories. A couple were even talking shit about me TO me and then..... I hold out my hand and introduce myself. That's so damn funny!!! lmao

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
You're in Monaco. Your Monaco friends think you're poorly mannered because you drink out of your soup bowl? Who cares - that's how everyone does it in Asia.

Thank you for making me aware that Monaco exists.

Looks incredible, and there are some surprisingly cheap, but nice, Airbnb's for such a location.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I come here to learn and to help. The helping usually leads to more learning. :)

Same.

This place is a huge source of positive (value) feedback loop for me (from Unscripted )

I help where I can, that gets me good feedback, which fuels my motivation to keep helping, and keeps me motivated elsewhere too because of the good feelz.

Plus, I've increased my wealth from actionable advice I've received in return.

It's all good.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
A couple were even talking shit about me TO me and then..... I hold out my hand and introduce myself. That's so damn funny!!! lmao
That is funny! Humor is fun. It is one of the more entertaining aspects of life. :)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
the answer is simple

find them and kill them.

remove all barriers to success
e31.jpg

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Title^

Hater's including but not limited to: anyone that verbally talks shit about you/your product

Discuss please.

why are haters a problem for you ?

this is part of probability like the rain after the sunny day

the probabilities : 20 % of right people and 80 % of wrong people for any product or anything in life

haters are to be expected

if you are never attacked for your ideas then you are probably a nobody with no future

guaranteed

GastonEE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2017
Estonia
Through my personal experience I came at peace with the understanding that what others think about me is 100% their concern and I have little to nothing to do with their perceptions. Turned out it's quite a lot easier to deal with haters this way.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
FWIW, haven't read the post. Only the headline.

Why should I or would I give two shits about what someone thinks of my business idea? If they're not a paying customer or someone in my demographic who feels their needs are unmet, their opinion is irrelevant.

Listen to your customers, your potential customers, and no one else.

Then once you've made it, you can put them on speaker and let them list the reasons they think your business is shit while you're reading a book and your Model X is driving you down I-10 towards Miami.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

azntitan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 17, 2017
NYC
If you are spending your precious mental energy worrying about haters you are doing it wrong.

The haters aren't going to make you rich. They aren't gonna give you millions.

Their hateful energy might, if you can harness it to push you.

Michael Jordan was so motivated that he'd create haters in his mind, even when there weren't any, in order to work harder and push himself to the next level

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Woke up this morning and my wife shows me an email to our Support Desk from some random hater.

It was just rubbish and incoherent nonsense.

I laughed and deleted it.

People like that don't deserve your time.

Mrgoodchi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 30, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This issue touches home. It is especially hard with family. When one of the highest members of your family doesn't like what you're doing and tries to scheme to ruin you. I've literally had an uncle call me everyday to ask me where I was at and what I was doing, would talk behind my back to our family and even family friends to the point when I walked into a room one time he and his friend talking about me and analyzing my life but got quiet when I walked in. It was hard, but it made me realize who supported me and who didn't, and I don't care what anyone says being blood related doesn't mean a thing. It's those people around you that support what you do and respect you that I call family.

Some people will always think small in life, will never see you for you're full potential. Now I'm preparing to launch two websites and continuing to work independent in the holistic healthcare arena. I have so many dreams that I am setting in motion today because I ignored the ignorant mindset that was trying to keep me down. I really enjoy this forum and look forward to learning about the fastlane mindset. Thanks everyone!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.