The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally found what I was looking for

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Short-time lurker who quickly picked-up a copy of TMF after reading a few posts here. I honestly didn't think collegiality and constructive criticism existed on the internet, much less a forum.

I'll keep it short but suffice to say that I had an epiphany this year which, after reading TMF , makes me feel like I was the only one who didn't know.

The story goes like this: I was listening to an individual at an investor meeting who asked "if I had $100,000 to spend or invest wisely, what should I do?" The answer, which I believed was true, was "put it in a mutual fund for 25 years and don't look at it".

And I don't know why but suddenly a light bulb went on. The billionaires sitting on stage didn't get filthy rich by taking that advice, but rather selling that advice and that plan to a room full of people with money to invest.

Don't get me wrong I'm quite happy with mutual funds as part of my finances, but the answer totally ignored the possibility of doing anything else with that money.

It's like I've been unplugged from the matrix. Where I once saw fitness videos, I see the marketing and the system behind it. Where I once saw a helpful blog, I now see the products and the affiliate links and the sales funnels. Far from making me a cynic, I feel like my eyes have been opened.

Anyway - happy to be here!

-PM

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Short-time lurker who quickly picked-up a copy of TMF after reading a few posts here. I honestly didn't think collegiality and constructive criticism existed on the internet, much less a forum.

I'll keep it short but suffice to say that I had an epiphany this year which, after reading TMF , makes me feel like I was the only one who didn't know.

The story goes like this: I was listening to an individual at an investor meeting who asked "if I had $100,000 to spend or invest wisely, what should I do?" The answer, which I believed was true, was "put it in a mutual fund for 25 years and don't look at it".

And I don't know why but suddenly a light bulb went on. The billionaires sitting on stage didn't get filthy rich by taking that advice, but rather selling that advice and that plan to a room full of people with money to invest.

Don't get me wrong I'm quite happy with mutual funds as part of my finances, but the answer totally ignored the possibility of doing anything else with that money.

It's like I've been unplugged from the matrix. Where I once saw fitness videos, I see the marketing and the system behind it. Where I once saw a helpful blog, I now see the products and the affiliate links and the sales funnels. Far from making me a cynic, I feel like my eyes have been opened.

Anyway - happy to be here!

-PM

Forgot to tag @MJ DeMarco !

abrakamowse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 11, 2017
New Jersey
Good to know that Phillip, I am in the same path myself. Working on a plan to fire my boss Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great intro and welcome Philip!

Brilliant! Basically a TLDR of the financial scam that has run rampant in our society.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...