The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

MJ's Recommended Bookshelf

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
Just my 2 cents; but the "at work" book series are Fastlane GOLD.

Gamers at work
Founders at work
Coders at work
Venture Capitalists at work

Thanks for the awesome recommendation. I just ordered 2 of the "at work" series - "Founders" and "Programmers(although not on your list here)", good stuff Man!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GreedyBGoode

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 7, 2014
UK

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Ha ha the book list is broken link and outdated! :)

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
The link to the bookstore points back to the forum, but the one GreedyBGood posted still works. I was afraid the page was gone!

DtRockstar1

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Aug 21, 2015
Livonia, MI
MJ,

You mentioned that you studied Sylvester Stallone in The Millionaire Fastlane . Were there any specific books you read about him? I would like to explore his business mind, but I want to make sure NOT to get a book that only talks about his acting career. Thanks!

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
I've been getting a lot of emails lately about recommended books so I created this page...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/bookstore.php

These are the books I recommend and their topical breakdown. If you notice, general wealth really doesn't have many recommendations -- this is one of the reasons why I wrote TMF !

There are other books I will add as I go through my bookshelf and I will update this thread accordingly.

Guys: it is best to quote MJ to tell him the link is broken for this kind of thing as it will notify him that he has been quoted (and spike interest).

Hey MJ, you are missing out on some affiliate sales kick back here! Assuming you don't feel promoting these is conflicting with your goal of selling your own book (which I doubt given you have a whole book section on here).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Ward

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 29, 2015
Birmingham, UK
Thanks for that @sector7

You may want to optimise that page for mobile devices if it is a source of revenue for you. Wider reach (screenshot attached)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20151203-194958.png
    Screenshot_20151203-194958.png
    770.4 KB · Views: 69

Ossie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 30, 2015
New York, NY
Guys: it is best to quote MJ to tell him the link is broken for this kind of thing as it will notify him that he has been quoted (and spike interest).

Hey MJ, you are missing out on some affiliate sales kick back here! Assuming you don't feel promoting these is conflicting with your goal of selling your own book (which I doubt given you have a whole book section on here).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MJ,

Thanks for the list. At first I was haphazardly pulling books out of the air that I thought would help and then a remembered this forum and found your list.

Eldi4n

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Dec 12, 2015
Italy
Thanks to MJ for this list, really appreciated!

Personally i suggest "the lean startup" by Eric Ries

A wonderful book and an example of personal growth, full of real examples and true stories, nice advices.

A deep look into a strong and flexible methodology of growth and innovation.

feature-57-the-lean-startup-book-pop_10909.jpg

Attachments

• feature-57-the-lean-startup-book-pop_10909.jpg
    feature-57-the-lean-startup-book-pop_10909.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 37

NathanK

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jan 14, 2016
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thank you MJ! While this is my first contribution to the forum, I have just finished your book. There is so much knowledge in the book that has been over welming. With that said I plan to read it again, this time with a note pad to take notes. While this is one tactic for me to retain some of the many points you have made I was thinking to myself, what other books would MJ suggest. Thankfully I continued to browse the forum before emailing you or asking for your suggestions in another post, unrelated. Thank you for the massive schooling you've given me in a short couple of days, I will stay committed and hope to have a much better post in the future as I'm currently jumping roads as you would put it, from the sidewalk, to the fastlane. Thanks again! Nathan.

Buickestate

any colour as long as it comes with wood
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 4, 2015
Ontario
I bought "How to get rich ", "Atlas shrugged", and "Who owns the ice house" on line Monday, and they arrived today, I got some reading to do

thanks for the list MJ

Sean Marshall

Independent since 2010
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
704%
Aug 17, 2011
San Diego, CA
These are the books I recommend and their topical breakdown. If you notice, general wealth really doesn't have many recommendations -- this is one of the reasons why I wrote TMF !

Great news! I finally got my wife to read TMF !! She's a voracious reader... of fiction. I told her this is the only non-fiction business/money book that I will ever ask her to read. She's about half way through now.

Just the other day we were talking about a relative who bragged to me he makes $200K a year. Yet, he wanted to chat with me about creating a new business. He's 71. He should be retired. I was trying to figure out his story when my wife said, "Can't you see? He's a slowlaner! He spends everything he earns."

Ha! I loved it! She's using MJ's terminology now. Somehow I feel like it's a cool club for people who just get it. Thanks again MJ for writing the book!

MRSupply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 2, 2016
Pennsylvania, United States
I've been getting a lot of emails lately about recommended books so I created this page...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/pages/bookstore/

There are other books I will add as I go through my bookshelf and I will update this thread accordingly.

Hi MJ, I was looking for a new book to read and I have previously gone to this bookshelf for suggestions, but when I click on the link now I do not see the bookshelf (the rest of the page loads and there is a blank space in the middle). I've tried opening the page in other browsers, but still blank. Just FYI.

Thanks,
MRSupply

Last edited by a moderator:

Strider

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 10, 2016
South Europe
Hi MJ, I was looking for a new book to read and I have previously gone to this bookshelf for suggestions, but when I click on the link now I do not see the bookshelf (the rest of the page loads and there is a blank space in the middle). I've tried opening the page in other browsers, but still blank. Just FYI.

Thanks,
MRSupply

Same for me, using Firefox btw.

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA
I'm on the hunt for some more good audio books and came across this thread. The link to the booklist takes me to page 1 of the list but page 2 or 3 won't open. Just fyi if mods care to troubleshoot.

fresh

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Apr 28, 2017
NJ
One of the things I liked early on was a business book summary service. I have no clue what's still around, but I found an ad for it in a magazine on a flight years ago. Loved that thing. Eight pages of summarized notes on business books sent to me on an ongoing schedule. I went through a ton. If I like the summary and wanted more meat, I'd then know which books to buy to read more. I also had open access to their library, which meant I'd devour as much as I could.

Have read some of these suggestions, grabbed some notes and will scan through more later. Too many tabs opened reading threads as a newbie.

ButGregSaid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Aug 9, 2017
Michigan
Has anybody read "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big by Scott Adams? I started reading the first few chapters at a Barnes & Noble today but decided to set it aside since I didn't feel like I was gaining too much from it. Curious to know if it's something I should read end to end or if it's just a glimpse into a one person's version of the experiences on the Fastlane?

Robert_R

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
600%
Jun 8, 2017
New Mexico
Looking forward to researching some of these books.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
@Greg P. - It's an EXCELLENT and EASY read that I'd highly recommend.

I think it's about self persuasion, changing habits type stuff, while his new book, Win bigly is all about persuading others in ways folks may not have considered.

Both are good grief good!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.