The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

28 Year Old, Married, Father of Three from the UK - Need Fastlane

MorganJames

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Apr 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone,

I'm 28, from Wales (UK), married and raising three children (5, 3 & 1).

I've almost finished The Millionaire Fastlane and it's really opened my eyes to the possibilities of the Fastlane. I'm currently sitting in the Slowlane and frugally saving a third of my income - plan was to become a millionaire by the time I was 68... very much slooowlane! I want to become a millionaire by the time I'm 38, with the below being my goals:

1. Financial freedom
2. Living on my own terms
3. Giving back to my parents / in-laws in form of their dream holidays
4. Making a difference to stranger's lives
5. Travelling the world
6. And finally, buying a bright orange Lamborghini Gallardo (I too love Lambos).

Well, that's the first time I've ever actually listed my goals and again, hello.

@MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hello Everyone,

I'm 28, from Wales (UK), married and raising three children (5, 3 & 1).

I've almost finished The Millionaire Fastlane and it's really opened my eyes to the possibilities of the Fastlane. I'm currently sitting in the Slowlane and frugally saving a third of my income - plan was to become a millionaire by the time I was 68... very much slooowlane! I want to become a millionaire by the time I'm 38, with the below being my goals:

1. Financial freedom
2. Living on my own terms
3. Giving back to my parents / in-laws in form of their dream holidays
4. Making a difference to stranger's lives
5. Travelling the world
6. And finally, buying a bright orange Lamborghini Gallardo (I too love Lambos).

Well, that's the first time I've ever actually listed my goals and again, hello.

@MJ DeMarco
Welcome.

Thanks for the intro.

5, 3, and 1 eh? Congrats. You've got your hands full! Ours are now 4, 6, and 8 and it's definitely easier when they're all in school.

Check out the first link in my signature to get your head round the forum.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Welcome!

And don't forget that you don't have to be a millionaire to be financially free, or own a Lamborghini!

You could have £10 mill in the bank and not be financially free. Likewise you could have £100k in the bank and be financially free (with regular incomes and low debts)

Great goal to have and you'll likely get there before you become a millionaire.

What's your plan to make it happen?

MorganJames

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Apr 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Welcome.

Thanks for the intro.

5, 3, and 1 eh? Congrats. You've got your hands full! Ours are now 4, 6, and 8 and it's definitely easier when they're all in school.

Check out the first link in my signature to get your head round the forum.

Thanks for the link Andy, I'll be sure to read it. And yes, you're right, my eldest is now in full-time school and already it's a whole lot easier!

Welcome!

And don't forget that you don't have to be a millionaire to be financially free, or own a Lamborghini!

You could have £10 mill in the bank and not be financially free. Likewise you could have £100k in the bank and be financially free (with regular incomes and low debts)

Great goal to have and you'll likely get there before you become a millionaire.

What's your plan to make it happen?

Hi SparksCW,

Totally agree with you - there's no "number" on financial freedom but thought a million would be a good place to start, earning 3%... this would provide me with my current, after-tax annual salary (not huge sums I know).

Before reading The Millionaire Fastlane , my plan was very much save, save, save and invest in a diversified portfolio of index funds, starting with, obviously, the S&P 500 - I bet you hear this all the time from the typical "Slowlaner". Now that I've almost finished the book, I'm very much open to the idea of spotting needs and plugging those gaps, though I'm a little unsure where to start. I'm going to invest but seek more Fastlane routes also. £1M in 10 years = serious work to do!!

What's your plan for Fastlane? If you're not already there of course!

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Hi SparksCW,

Totally agree with you - there's no "number" on financial freedom but thought a million would be a good place to start, earning 3%... this would provide me with my current, after-tax annual salary (not huge sums I know).

Before reading The Millionaire Fastlane , my plan was very much save, save, save and invest in a diversified portfolio of index funds, starting with, obviously, the S&P 500 - I bet you hear this all the time from the typical "Slowlaner". Now that I've almost finished the book, I'm very much open to the idea of spotting needs and plugging those gaps, though I'm a little unsure where to start. I'm going to invest but seek more Fastlane routes also. £1M in 10 years = serious work to do!!

What's your plan for Fastlane? If you're not already there of course!

I have an eCommerce business and am working on some online ideas (lead generation & a directory) all sites are in the industry I spent 12 years working a slowlane job.

Wouldn't say I was financially free yet but I am my own boss and the bills get paid each month.... I don't focus on the £1,000,000 in the bank that I can eventually invest. My goals revolve around increasing monthly incomes and income from different sources. The rest should fall into place...

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Welcome! You're going to find from reading posts on this forum and finishing the TMF that number 4 that you listed is how to really get the process kicked off - focus on simply helping.

As I'm relatively new as well, I've been focusing on training my mind to light up whenever I personally experience a problem or someone around me does. Just as an example, went shopping at the mall with my roommate this weekend and noticed how every big department store had extremely long lines. In the past, I'd just brush it off as something that I need to just accept. With this new mindset, I thinking about what technology/system could fix this issue that faces extremely large companies with deep pockets.

MorganJames

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Apr 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Welcome! You're going to find from reading posts on this forum and finishing the TMF that number 4 that you listed is how to really get the process kicked off - focus on simply helping.

As I'm relatively new as well, I've been focusing on training my mind to light up whenever I personally experience a problem or someone around me does. Just as an example, went shopping at the mall with my roommate this weekend and noticed how every big department store had extremely long lines. In the past, I'd just brush it off as something that I need to just accept. With this new mindset, I thinking about what technology/system could fix this issue that faces extremely large companies with deep pockets.

Hi GuitarManDan,

Yeah, I know what you mean - when in the "helping" mindset you suddenly start to see the world very differently.

Are there any threads you'd recommend me reading, being relatively new yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Welcome Morgan. Nice to have another member of the Taffia on board. ;)

Congratulations on finding the best place to fully realise your goals. No padding, BS or hidden agendas here (or at least very little and they don't last long).

Yeah, I know what you mean - when in the "helping" mindset you suddenly start to see the world very differently.

Are there any threads you'd recommend me reading, being relatively new yourself?

Andy has some good recommendations in this thread:

Learnings from 700+ PMs with fellow forum members

PurpleMonkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Aug 17, 2016
Hello fellow Welshman

Good luck on your journey. Where do consider your value to others lies?

MorganJames

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Apr 23, 2017
United Kingdom
Hello fellow Welshman

Good luck on your journey. Where do consider your value to others lies?

Good to know I have some countrymen on here.

If I'm honest, this idea of Fastlane is very new to me and I'm just trying to find my feet at the moment. My attitude has been very much Slowlane, so just trying to find out where I can make a difference and where my opportunities are.

How's your Fastlane journey going?

Last edited:

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Hi GuitarManDan,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing you can do is check out the gold threads. They all contain amazing value and really help you learn from the more experienced/veteran individuals on the forum.

You'll also get an insight into the various different areas that different individuals are involved in. I really liked Fox's gold post about web design and ended up doing a udemy course about HTML and CSS coding. I'm by no means an expert, but it at least gave me the basic knowledge and I learned something new.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...