The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

A

Anon1351z

This has probably already been suggested somewhere, but some sort of barrier to entry before new members can post might cut down on the number of threads that get created by people who haven't even read the book and don't add anything to the forum.

Not sure exactly how this would look, but maybe a 5 question multiple choice quiz that you have to answer before you can post. The answers would be very obvious if you have read the book. I think that's a reasonable trade-off for being able to access all the great people on the forum.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
A new member title...

"Rare Contributor"

I just read the 4th ever post by someone who has been here for 3 years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Will there be a "read Unscipted" title too? @MJ DeMarco

I just got to get all those badges...

pokemon-kanto-gym-badges-anime.png

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Mandatory sponsorship function. Everyone gets 90 days, after which time they must have at least 2 reputable members vouch for them on their intro thread. It would at least cut down on the number of known b-holes.

Probably impossible to implement, but a man can dream. Also, I think I would have gotten the boot, because I was one of those guys @jon.a loves that creates an account then forgets about it for a year.:clench:

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
Maybe there's a way to do it and I wasn't able to find it, but I would really like the option to customize my newsfeed; I tried to follow MJ, Biophase, and a couple of ecomm guys, but my feed got drowned out by the likes they were making, when I was only interested in their actual posts.

Guest304

Contributor
Apr 6, 2017
Nowhere
Forgive me if this has already been said, but I didn't take the time to read through the entire thread yet. I think UX could be improved upon a bit. I have trouble with site nav and the way the forums work. For example. Threads recently replied to jump to the top in order of reply. If there was a way to change that as a user to see newest threads or oldest threads first I would prefer that. A filter feature if you will. I have noticed that threads posted at specific times of the day have a snowball effect and stay towards the top because they get a lot of replies; which in turn increases visibility and furthers the replies. I'd like to be able to customize this just for myself. I'm not sure if that's feasible, but there's my .02

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
The different forums are confusingly setup. I'd like to see less categories.

The biggest thing I'd like to see is more frequent new threads that aren't "help me" or "I'm new". Book reviews, discussions of entrepreneurial videos/blog posts, and success stories - even if it's a link to someone not on this forum's, etc.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
It would be good to have links on the badges under people's profiles.

For example, clicking on 'staff member' takes you to a list of all staff, or 'legendary contributor' takes you to the list of legendary contributors, and so on....

upload_2017-4-13_8-52-2.png

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
It would be good to have links on the badges under people's profiles.

For example, clicking on 'staff member' takes you to a list of all staff, or 'legendary contributor' takes you to the list of legendary contributors, and so on....

View attachment 14624

I really like that idea. Not sure if the software will let him do that, but that is a great idea.

@MJ DeMarco

Last edited:

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
I really like that idea. Not sure if the software will let him do that, but that is a great idea.

There have been several times I've tried to click on the badges thinking they'd link to a list or details of what each badge meant. Great idea.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Before you can make your first post, you have to answer basic questions about forum rules, questions over the book, etc.

Bumping this. Yesterday we had an African millionaire soliciting investors and some dipshit that couldn't understand why someone wouldn't post publicly what their FBA product was. I feel like we've had at least 1 a day all month.

Also, inspired by the movie "The Purge", once a year we get to vote 1 member off the island.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011

@MJ DeMarco

Maybe the software has such option built-in.

If not, shouldn't be difficult too program, for example, a Legendary Contributors page would output a result of some such database query:

(pseudo-code!)
SELECT columns FROM users table WHERE legendary contributor status = 1

Glad to help with implementation if needed.

Siberia

Surprise
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
If you were a moderator, or if you owned the forum...

What would you do differently to make this forum better?

Anything goes. Great answers/suggestions/ideas will get you rep$$.

Suggesting MJ fire me might get your IP address banned.

Go.

If I were the owner of the Forum I would be worried about one thing: its DURATION.

What would I do to give the Forum a long life?

I would guarantee constant good supply value of the content offered by its members over time.

As?

By making sure that those who committed his time to researching and writing the post and thread has a concrete stimulus.

Which?

"The transition from a virtual bank to a real one."

A proper exchange and proportionate to the efforts of individual member in giving its valuable content in the Forum.

In teaching the basic FastLane time and 'the most' precious that we have and we have to spend well.

Transforming the entrepreneurial gym Forum in the content market would ensure a long life and a real entrepreneurial interest.

A person will be entrepreneur in effect 'cause would the real prospect that enters the Forum immediately at hand as in the real market.

Getting rich earning this as unstoppable entrepreneur valuable content.

This in an environment without the current gossip and lost time to find the famous entrepreneurial valuable contents.

TIME IS MONEY and LONG LIVE THE FORUM FASTLANE.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Bumping this. Yesterday we had an African millionaire soliciting investors and some dipshit that couldn't understand why someone wouldn't post publicly what their FBA product was. I feel like we've had at least 1 a day all month.

Also, inspired by the movie "The Purge", once a year we get to vote 1 member off the island.
That last one would be funny.

But in all seriousness, I feel like a short questionnaire would prevent a lot of spam bots.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
If you were a moderator, or if you owned the forum...

What would you do differently to make this forum better?

Anything goes. Great answers/suggestions/ideas will get you rep$$.

Suggesting MJ fire me might get your IP address banned.

Go.

Learning to navigate the forum efficiently takes some time (at least for me). Andy Black's profile has a great legend of sorts. Had ne not reached out to me, I would probably still be trying to find my arse in here. I wonder if something like that - a guide, a legend, etc. - would be a good home page, or a highlighted page.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Can we change the size of the Emojis? They really ruin the readability if inserted mid paragraph. Here's an example: o_O The purpose of the emoji is to quickly relay an emotion, not to distract. Here though it takes away from what was written and also discredits the user using them.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Can we change the size of the Emojis? They really ruin the readability if inserted mid paragraph. Here's an example: o_O The purpose of the emoji is to quickly relay an emotion, not to distract. Here though it takes away from what was written and also discredits the user using them.

HOLY SHIT THAT EMOJI IS HUGE

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
When we click on someone's profile, can there be a function to see the person's top posts/threads? I guess if they want to enable that feature.

For example, I have seen people giving props and credits to Vigilante for something ecommerce related, but given that you're a moderator, when I search your posts, there are 8500 posts I have to sift thru to find what they're talking about. Thats just one example but there are a lot of contributors on here that have made great threads but it's much easier to find someone's name and then navigate their top thread, versus trying to find a thread's name.
I.E. "how to make $10,000+/mo doing web design" (I think i remembered it correct), versus search "Fox" > Top/most popular thread.

People reference other people's names not the thread title, on and off the forum. So if I were to refer my graphic design friend to fox's thread, I may say go to the fastlane forum and look up a guy name Fox and his thread. Not the thread title.

This also is helpful when someone says "Check my other posts/threads". I want to know what they are referring to especially if it's something they had done in the past, a mistake that was made, etc. but it's not efficient to look thru hundreds if not thousands of posts to find out what they are talking about. Popular threads found on their profile might help this issue.

Remember Myspace Top 8? Like that but for your top threads/posts. Found somewhere on your profile page.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
if i were a moderator or the boss, MJ DeMarco, i would create title like chess titles

people who are rich/ free, legendary contributor and so on

title : Fastlane Grand Master

in chess, Elo is the rating system. for example , 2400 elo: International Master . 2500 elo + :Grand Master

on this forum, MJ DeMarco, the moderators and legendary contributors are fastlane Grand Masters

what's the point anyway ?

life is a game : dating, power , money and so on

there are masters and morons

that's why freemasons have titles according to their knowledge and power

same thing here: money is power so you guys are Grand Masters at this.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Is it currently possible to hide posts from certain members of my choosing so I can read a thread without seeing what they post?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is it currently possible to hide posts from certain members of my choosing so I can read a thread without seeing what they post?

Ignore. Click username, in profile pop up, click "Ignore."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.