The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Business Club for Phoenix Entrepreneurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoinMyMLM!

Greetings, folks

I have an idea for a business club involving local Phoenix residents (future and promising entrepreneurs). I have what I believe to be an interesting/intricate way for business-minded individuals to come together and be part of something very special.

I'd like for the team to consist of at least 10 members (myself included). If you'd like to learn more, respond to the thread and I'll provide the details.

Hope to hear from you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Seeing as this is your first post, you might just wanna include the details here. How does anyone know we can trust you? No value has been provided yet.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I have what I believe to be an interesting/intricate way for business-minded individuals to come together and be part of something very special.
The way you worded this makes me think you're in an MLM and looking to recruit some folks. If that's not the case you may want to share more information. If that is the case you may want to reconsider who you're pitching to.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to reading your Introductions thread soon. ;)

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
As mentioned above, you really should make an introduction thread. Before anyone even considers meeting up with some random dude on the internet, let them get a feel of where you stand, who you are and what you can bring to the table.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
"I have an idea"

"I have what I believe"

"I'd like for"

A. You don't sound very confident about this club. Why would I want to be part of this club if it doesn't sound very stable?

B. A lot of I's is focusing on the benefits to you and the benefits to your club. Does this mean it's going to require dues? Will this turn into a paid mastermind? Are you going to monetize this?

WIIFM, what's in it for me. You should really consider what the benefits are for people who want to come.

Also, as with above, we don't know you. This can either be (as mentioned above) an MLM pitch or a way to get ideas from other entrepreneurs. Or this could simply just be an attempt to hang out with Fastlaners. Who knows.

Reactions: KSR

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"PM me for details" in your first post around here is asking for trouble. We typically delete these threads since you've posted no introduction and are essentially soliciting for contacts. I've removed the request.

Second, it's been 12 hours and you haven't even responded back to those who commented.

The way you worded this makes me think you're in an MLM and looking to recruit some folks.

Yup, that's the vibe I'm getting. He's "stumbled across" a great opportunity.

Hope I'm wrong.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I've been thinking about starting a phoenix business meetup. Pretty much every other one I've gone to are started by people trying to advance their business. And everyone attending has no clue on running a business.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I've been thinking about starting a phoenix business meetup. Pretty much every other one I've gone to are started by people trying to advance their business. And everyone attending has no clue on running a business.
Now that's one I'd fly from Albuquerque to go to, only an hour and a half away.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Mrs. jon and I might drive over for that :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Pretty much every other one I've gone to are started by people trying to advance their business.

Sounds like you've gotten stuck in a Chamber of Commerce circle jerk.... "here's my card if you ever need life insurance!"

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I would fly in from Canada just to meet some of you guys that live in Phoenix...

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I would fly in from Canada just to meet some of you guys that live in Phoenix...
Where were you the last couple years around the last week of February? :playful:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Sounds like you've gotten stuck in a Chamber of Commerce circle jerk.... "here's my card if you ever need life insurance!"
That is why I haven't gone to one of these in probably over 10 years.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
J

JoinMyMLM!

"I have an idea"

Which I do..

"I have what I believe"

Keyword: I

Others may feel different than I do about "my" idea.

A. You don't sound very confident about this club.

Based on what?

Why would I want to be part of this club if it doesn't sound very stable?

The premise of my post was basically "To whom it may concern; I have a business club that I'd like you guys to consider joining". Now, how you get the concept of "stability" out of that, I don't know.

B. A lot of I's is focusing on the benefits to you and the benefits to your club.

It won't be "my" club. It will be our (everyone's) club. No dictators, no monarchies . It will be the members that make the club, not any particular person.

Does this mean it's going to require dues?

No.

Will this turn into a paid mastermind? Are you going to monetize this?

No and no.

WIIFM, what's in it for me.

That info will be provided at the appropriate time.

You should really consider what the benefits are for people who want to come.

I will.

Also, as with above, we don't know you. This can either be (as mentioned above) an MLM pitch or a way to get ideas from other entrepreneurs. Or this could simply just be an attempt to hang out with Fastlaners. Who knows.

Understood. I will provide an introduction thread shortly.

J

JoinMyMLM!

"PM me for details" in your first post around here is asking for trouble. We typically delete these threads since you've posted no introduction and are essentially soliciting for contacts. I've removed the request.

Again, my bad. I didn't know you guys were going to be this apprehensive.

Second, it's been 12 hours and you haven't even responded back to those who commented.

Because I drew the false conclusion that more people would respond via pm than on the thread...so when I logged back in, I didn't check the thread, but the pm...only to find out that I didn't get ANY pm's, but 14 replies on the thread!!

Yup, that's the vibe I'm getting. He's "stumbled across" a great opportunity.

Hope I'm wrong.

No need to hope :)

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Yes, and he's been back here as recently as a few hours ago but did not clarify.

FWIW...

I have more important shit to do right now, but I ended up watching this video instead.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Still won't definitively put to rest our concerns that this is a veiled MLM/Network Marketing pre-pitch?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Once I went to a travel club meeting and it was filled with realtors, insurance sales and of course the dude running it was selling World Ventures to everyone. What a crock. He came and asked me what I thought and I told him the deals sucked.

Basically every biz meetup group I've gone to, the person running it has always had a business that would benefit from him running the group.

Basically internet marketers love running these to get local business owners or wannabes entrepreneurs together and then magically they happen to sell SEO services or social media services or commercial insurance or they happen to be a commercial realtor. Nobody who ran one was ever a nonservice business owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!