The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

things that go UNSCRIPTED

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
In anticipation for @MJ DeMarco 's upcoming hit book UNSCRIPTED , I was full of excitement about the further discussions and insights his next book will bring. Not only will it discuss Slowlane mediocrity causes (or THE SCRIPT), it will definitely cut into the entrepreneural failure tumour and roadblocks and get to the bottom of it.

Immediately the title and the sample content got my brains turning.
Despite my work in creating my Fastlane path, I realised that much of my actions were pretty much SCRIPTED.
SCRIPTED means predictability, and you give a director control over how you talk and act. I realised most of the tools, resources and knowledge I use to provide value are still SCRIPTED, following a set pattern....and the results weren't splendid.

Most businesses seem to follow a conventional SCRIPTED pattern of 'earning enough to pay the bills', 'compete based on price', 'network with big shots', 'do undertable money', and as a result, they got SCRIPTED earnings.

UNSCRIPTED means ad-libbing, manipulation of variables according to one's desire for control and liberty. In movies, the best actors are those who ad-lib or do UNSCRIPTED motions which make the movie more splendidly emotional and dramatic. For example, Indiana Jone's ad-libbed gun duel with the Arabian in Raiders of the Lost Ark made him immortal.

Really, UNSCRIPTED can do wonders.

For starters, many things can be considered vital to the Fastlane. Action, sales, marketing, copywriting, diesel and coffee, scaling, etc. But UNSCRIPTED to me has began to mean so much more than these things.

I have a few ideas on what UNSCRIPTED might mean.
Here are a few:

SCRIPTED: Just give only the bare necessities, or what they asked for.
UNSCRIPTED : Give better, with more add-ons that improve its value and solve the client's OTHER problems. For example, I'm creating a video for a class project. Most college project videos are crap and boring, not to mention low-quality and long. I'm introducing a storyline so that it will connect to them emotionally. I'll do editing, soundtrack selection, subtitles, so that the viewer experience is better. I'll keep the video short and simple.

I didn't have to do all these. The project was not even counting to my grades. But I'll do it, because I ABSOLUTELY hate seeing other group's SCRIPTED work.

I became the go-to video guy. The guy who 'makes videos' as my classmates would call me. And I was only using Moviemaker and an Iphone camera!

If this were a fastlane business.....a killing can be made. A nice Fiverr gig, a sales ad, an informercial,.....all from just 'doing small UNSCRIPTED things'.

SCRIPTED: Help only those who will give you money. Get business from only those whom you know, i.e your friendly neighbourhood uncle or shopkeeper. Stay local, stay small, stay safe.
UNSCRIPTED : By all means, offer services to those who pay. But UNSCRIPTED demands the opposite. I went on Quora to find consumer insights, and I found some chap who's a disabled guy running an Ontario online travel guide service. Although I was no expert in that field, I knew WHAT he lacked, and HOW to fill it in.

I gave him some pointers, especially on copywriting and infographics, since I was already dealing with them firsthand. He thanked me profusely, saying (and I quote)

'Also thanks for your comment re: disability. I refuse to let it stop me. I've had a year of claiming disability benefits whilst I try and come up with a decent, feasible plan and get used to the adjustments I've had to make, but I'm getting the itch again. I don't want to make millions, just enough to live comfortably!!'

NOW WHY WOULD HE TELL ME HIS LIFE STORY?
Why would he be so honest with me? He could have said, 'Oh, I'll be fine!' He just blurted out his harsh struggles, his dreams, his hopes! A look into his life!

Simple. He trusted me. No matter how comparatively SMALL my value was, he appreciated it. If I were selling, he WOULD pay for it. (and then I would have to provide more value....and a business service)

Trust = Money
If I had clicked my Fastlane 'ARM' button 'ACTIVE' on the Fastlane missile delivery system, I'll have a sale locked on. But I decided not to. I was only scouting on Quora, so stick to the plan.

There are many more UNSCRIPTED things I could come up with. What's yours?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There are many more UNSCRIPTED things I could come up with. What's yours?

Writing a 432 page non-fiction business book whose length was determined by what was needed to be said, versus what the appropriate size is for a non-fiction book.

Writing a 432 page non-fiction business book whose sole purpose is to open eyes and change lives, not to enlarge income streams and fatten sales funnels.

:playful:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'll add a few more:

SCRIPTED: Just 'going by' to survive by merely 'showing up' at your classes, jobs, businesses. You just fake work, do the bare things that will keep you not fired.

Trust me, it's stupid to fake work and do the bare necessity. I've done it before in leadership positions at school (thankfully not now in my Fastlane!) and it sucked. Crap work with no soul, that doesn't provide meaningful value of any kind, kills you as fast as cancer.

UNSCRIPTED : Don't just show up. ACT UP.
I was a social introvert. I couldn't even order a cup of coffee in a cafe if I wanted to.
Serious!

My only friends were the friends of my brother's...who fortunately studied in the same class in high school.
Then what changed me? What made me break out of my comfort zone, and stop being a social recluse?
PROBLEMS.

My high school had tons of problems:
'Our club leaders are unqualified!'

'The magazine writers do shoddy articles!'

'Our next event needs more manpower...but nobody wants to volunteer.'

I hated seeing problems like that which were degrading our student experience. A school with a ton of unsolved problems is like having a business running at a loss. So even though I was afraid, grossly unqualified, and a coward of a kid, I threw myself into things. I wanted those problems to go away. Magical things happened:

-I got promoted to leadership positions faster than my friends
-I got into camps reserved for the more 'talented' teens.
-I learned loads of new skills, skills which have made my Fastlane path smoother.
-I extended my network 10x. I was communicating and meeting with other school club chapters on a daily basis, discussing numerous events.

And I was no longer some scared shivering introvert!

You see, if money is not your concern, or if you don't have a business yet, the Fastlane or UNSCRIPTED can still work for you! Now to think of it, I had found the Fastlane long ago....but I didn't realise it well enough to put a name on it. It's all about solving problems as efficiently as you can get, providing value all the way. Not easy, but it's meaningful.

Writing a 432 page non-fiction business book whose length was determined by what was needed to be said, versus what the appropriate size is for a non-fiction book.

Writing a 432 page non-fiction business book whose sole purpose is to open eyes and change lives, not to enlarge income streams and fatten sales funnels.

:playful:
I think no one looks at size anymore. Non-fiction biographies and business books like Richard Branson's Loosing my Virginity, Jobs, and my recent read, One Man's View of the World by Lee Kuan Yew, the late Prime Minister of Singapore (good read for international relations, trade, global perspective of the future) are probably bigger, but packed with tons of content.

As long as the cake is sweet, wholesome and hearty, I think people will keep chewing on it, no matter how big it is. :smile2:

If gurus or money chasers want to continue to flog the book-horse for more income, they'll have a hard time at it. Just recently, I checked back some of the gurus' books on Amazon, and a new plethora of 1-star customer reviews had slammed them anew....game over

Which reminds me of this:
SCRIPTED: Provide just the bare essential of content marketing...freebies like free e-books five pages long that is about as valuable as a dog's fart, free reports that are plagiarized from another blogger or forum, expired deal tickets, fluff sales talks. Make a Wordpress blog with three posts that can be written by a 10-year-old kid.

UNSCRIPTED : Even though the content marketing (articles, books, reports) may or may not bring in sales, write DAMN GOOD shit which will change readers' businesses, increase their gains and inspire them! TFLF is a good example. There's GOLD and NOTABLE threads here. SAMPLE pages for UNSCRIPTED and TMF .

Search Results for Query: **** | The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum[prefix]=47

Search Results for Query: **** | The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum[prefix]=56

Some business forums don't even organize their best materials properly....I won't name them.:arghh:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think no one looks at size anymore.

There was an old axiom in Hollywood that your movies had to be less than 2 hours because movie goers can't sit still longer than 2 hours.

That is slowly starting to die, and 2.5 hour movies, sometimes even near 3 are happening.

The SCRIPT keeps thinking in the box when sometimes the box isn't needed, or it hinders creativity.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Or you say F*ck that shit and ad-lib your life.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Yesterday I received my tax overview. Gross 30k/year. I was shocked. Even after working there for 6 years, I never realized how little I was paid for what I was doing. €150 more than last year though!

SCRIPTED: 30k/year is good money.
UNSCRIPTED : 30k/month is good money.

Meanwhile my colleague (who is paid slightly less than me) will get a new bathroom in his house. Price: 14k.

SCRIPTED: 14k to "invest" in your house so you will be good for 20 years. After that just need a new kitchen and a new floor. Because after all the 200k house you bought is 40 years old.
UNSCRIPTED : 14k you will lose and never ever see again. 14k you can invest in your business, so you could have 14k on a monthly base in time.

Last week I was happy I sold my fifth unit on Amazon that week. Might hit the average of 20 units/month!

SCRIPTED: sell hundreds of units/month of one popular product on AMZ, REVENUE matters.
UNSCRIPTED : sell a few units/month of several products in a deep niche on AMZ, profit matters.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
There was an old axiom in Hollywood that your movies had to be less than 2 hours because movie goers can't sit still longer than 2 hours.

That is slowly starting to die, and 2.5 hour movies, sometimes even near 3 are happening.
... and I rarely can sit through them.

Solid post, anyway.

This is a principle many great thinkers and entrepreneurs applied in the past. It's what Elon Musk calls reasoning from first principles (see this post on WaitButWhy for a breakdown), what Feynman did when learning things, and what Steve Jobs meant when he said that "everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you". Question everything.

It is unnatural because our brain is a heuristic machine built to avoid thinking as much as possible to spare energy, but it's extremely important to learn to if you're going to go off the beaten path in anything.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yesterday I received my tax overview. Gross 30k/year. I was shocked. Even after working there for 6 years, I never realized how little I was paid for what I was doing. €150 more than last year though!

SCRIPTED: 30k/year is good money.
UNSCRIPTED : 30k/month is good money.

Meanwhile my colleague (who is paid slightly less than me) will get a new bathroom in his house. Price: 14k.

SCRIPTED: 14k to "invest" in your house so you will be good for 20 years. After that just need a new kitchen and a new floor. Because after all the 200k house you bought is 40 years old.
UNSCRIPTED : 14k you will lose and never ever see again. 14k you can invest in your business, so you could have 14k on a monthly base in time.

Last week I was happy I sold my fifth unit on Amazon that week. Might hit the average of 20 units/month!

SCRIPTED: sell hundreds of units/month of one popular product on AMZ, REVENUE matters.
UNSCRIPTED : sell a few units/month of several products in a deep niche on AMZ, profit matters.
150 bucks more than last year though....:(
Just heard a sad story from a lecturer in my college who saw a business tragedy. He had a friend who was a restaurant owner wannabe, who started out selling SOUP. Just SOUP. When asked about validation, the guy just said , 'I already 'surveyed' and there is a need.'

I'm not into restaurants, but I can tell that you don't validate a restaurant idea with just any ordinary 'surveying'.

Sure enough, the restaurant tanked, switching menus several times before collapsing. But the soup idea is actually viable, only that it should be designed from higher upscale value delivery.

Congratulations on your success. Reps+
Profits are a more accurate proof that the business is living. Revenue statements can be jacked up due to some book-cooking.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
SCRIPTED: You are in college! Study hard, attend lectures, and work hard! You'll be able to get a good job later, get experience and later, when the time is right, you can make your own business.

UNSCRIPTED :
Or you say F*ck that shit and ad-lib your life.
Yeah!
The market's not gonna wait for me to finish studying anyway. Besides, the clock's ticking. I ain't got all the time to 'work hard'.
I do a side of copywriting, train in sales, some coding and do whatever I can to build things up.

The bitter truth hit me...there'll be someone out there younger or smarter than me going to make his own business. There are markets awaiting my solutions, which I CAN win in them. They don't care whether I'm ready.

But on getting job qualifications, I have a feeling employers DO desire employees who have a good working knowledge of the industry, at least for small firms. I have began to find senior executives and businessmen with no degrees doing well, although they are not owners of their own businesses, let alone Fastlane. Nobody's about the paper qualifications anymore.

Just because you worked for someone doesn't means you have experience to make a business. YOU DON'T. I have studied in a school for 11 years, and I still don't know how to build a thriving school. Millions of low-wage workers have worked in food chains as waiters and cleaners, and not many of them have opened a thriving franchise. Engineers work for production lines, and very few open their own manufacturing gigs. A worker ant in a colony ain't gonna know how to become the queen ant and build another colony.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
SCRIPTED: Day is for work. Night is for sleep.
UNSCRIPTED : Make your own time schedule! The market doesn't care whether you sleep like a log or are a night owl!
I work in the night, sleep slightly fewer hours, take naps in the evening after classes. Only Seven Elevens work around the clock like most of us do. Still found time to go swimming, go on TFLF and study. If your hours are different from the competitors, you can still beat them because they are not gonna work on the hours in which THEY ARE SLEEPING.

Besides, my work has become proof I am living, providing value as best as I can.
Why should I sleep, when I'm busy living?

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
SCRIPTED: You are in college! Study hard, attend lectures, and work hard! You'll be able to get a good job later, get experience and later, when the time is right, you can make your own business.

UNSCRIPTED :

Yeah!
The market's not gonna wait for me to finish studying anyway. Besides, the clock's ticking. I ain't got all the time to 'work hard'.
I do a side of copywriting, train in sales, some coding and do whatever I can to build things up.

The bitter truth hit me...there'll be someone out there younger or smarter than me going to make his own business. There are markets awaiting my solutions, which I CAN win in them. They don't care whether I'm ready.

But on getting job qualifications, I have a feeling employers DO desire employees who have a good working knowledge of the industry, at least for small firms. I have began to find senior executives and businessmen with no degrees doing well, although they are not owners of their own businesses, let alone Fastlane. Nobody's about the paper qualifications anymore.

Just because you worked for someone doesn't means you have experience to make a business. YOU DON'T. I have studied in a school for 11 years, and I still don't know how to build a thriving school. Millions of low-wage workers have worked in food chains as waiters and cleaners, and not many of them have opened a thriving franchise. Engineers work for production lines, and very few open their own manufacturing gigs. A worker ant in a colony ain't gonna know how to become the queen ant and build another colony.

Act now, reap later.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For 13 years starting at age 5, you're trained to suffer in school Monday through Friday and do "work" or "things you'd rather not do."

And then after you finish this suffering and graduate, what happens?

You do again.

Except in a different construct.

And instead of 13 years, you get to do it for the next 50.

I find it interesting that few people realize the connection.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
For 13 years starting at age 5, you're trained to suffer in school Monday through Friday and do "work" or "things you'd rather not do."

You do again.

What's even more interesting is that fewer people ask 'Is this the right life for me? Is there a different way I can live?'
Boy, I was an effing rebel in primary school. I hated the disciplinary actions, the stand-in-line mentality, the stiff bureaucracy and regimental drill of waking up, cleaning myself up and going to school.

I felt more like a machine than a human being. But since I didn't know what to call it (now I know it as the SCRIPT), I did one thing....stay quiet. And did nothing about my feelings or situation until TMF many years later.

Speaking of constructs...
SCRIPTED: You got to work in an office cubicle. Sure, its crowded, but you can mingle and network with your other co-workers. You can foster an office culture within your cubicles. If you have your own business, you got to have your office, ya know, the one with boardrooms and glass tables, with the sign titled 'CEO' on your door.

UNSCRIPTED : Do I even NEED an office for sales?
Most office culture is just designed to enslaven workers, and keep them grinding away like hamsters in their wheels. A few exceptions might be the Internet startups,but then they operate on a 'produce or get out' basis rather than 'show up for work'.

I can work anywhere I want. Manufacturer in China? I'll fly in for a visit. Designer in the UK? I'll fire off a few emails. A prospective client? Skype! If I can produce value anywhere, wealth will come to me from anywhere.
Lots of Fastlaners here work in shared workspaces or at home, and the market only cares about their products. There is a big reason why we see goods and services in the news or on ads rather than the OFFICES that handle their production.

SCRIPTED: You gotta wear a nice suit and tie to work. Office standards. You need your boss and co-workers to respect you, ya?

UNSCRIPTED : Who the hell cares?
It's not that they pay me to dress like James Bond anyway?! Meh, I'll just put on something clean before I go. Takes me a few seconds only. I don't want to waste time ironing and prepping to be slaughtered in the corporate abattoir.

Which reminds me that a smartly dressed SCRIPTED worker or business man is still in the same conundrum as a blue-collar worker.
Just like the difference between a nice glossy roast chicken and a simple broiled fowl. One looks more succulent and attractive, but both are dead birds anyway....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

upload_2017-3-30_12-32-48.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just like the difference between a nice glossy roast chicken and a simple broiled fowl. One looks more succulent and attractive, but both are dead birds anyway...

My favorite line from UNSCRIPTED ... (in Chapter 1)

Is a sheep that drives a Mercedes to the slaughterhouse still a sheep?

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
What's even more interesting is that fewer people ask 'Is this the right life for me? Is there a different way I can live?'
Boy, I was an effing rebel in primary school. I hated the disciplinary actions, the stand-in-line mentality, the stiff bureaucracy and regimental drill of waking up, cleaning myself up and going to school.

I felt more like a machine than a human being. But since I didn't know what to call it (now I know it as the SCRIPT), I did one thing....stay quiet. And did nothing about my feelings or situation until TMF many years later.

Speaking of constructs...
SCRIPTED: You got to work in an office cubicle. Sure, its crowded, but you can mingle and network with your other co-workers. You can foster an office culture within your cubicles. If you have your own business, you got to have your office, ya know, the one with boardrooms and glass tables, with the sign titled 'CEO' on your door.

UNSCRIPTED : Do I even NEED an office for sales?
Most office culture is just designed to enslaven workers, and keep them grinding away like hamsters in their wheels. A few exceptions might be the Internet startups,but then they operate on a 'produce or get out' basis rather than 'show up for work'.

I can work anywhere I want. Manufacturer in China? I'll fly in for a visit. Designer in the UK? I'll fire off a few emails. A prospective client? Skype! If I can produce value anywhere, wealth will come to me from anywhere.
Lots of Fastlaners here work in shared workspaces or at home, and the market only cares about their products. There is a big reason why we see goods and services in the news or on ads rather than the OFFICES that handle their production.

SCRIPTED: You gotta wear a nice suit and tie to work. Office standards. You need your boss and co-workers to respect you, ya?

UNSCRIPTED : Who the hell cares?
It's not that they pay me to dress like James Bond anyway?! Meh, I'll just put on something clean before I go. Takes me a few seconds only. I don't want to waste time ironing and prepping to be slaughtered in the corporate abattoir.

Which reminds me that a smartly dressed SCRIPTED worker or business man is still in the same conundrum as a blue-collar worker.
Just like the difference between a nice glossy roast chicken and a simple broiled fowl. One looks more succulent and attractive, but both are dead birds anyway....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

View attachment 14492

Another scripted job is about to bite the dust to robots. A burger flipping machine has been put into a fast food business in California. So much for those new $15 min wage jobs they are fighting for! :)
Burger-flipping robot replaces humans on first day at work
upload_2017-3-31_13-13-27.png

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Another scripted job is about to bite the dust to robots. A burger flipping machine has been put into a fast food business in California. So much for those new $15 min wage jobs they are fighting for! :)
Burger-flipping robot replaces humans on first day at work
View attachment 14504
This.
Soon we'll probably have paper-pushing admin robots too.
IMO, using robots to flip burger might actually be healthier and safer. You won't have workers dropping strands of hair in food or even not noticing the rodent that sat there on the buns sunbathing. And robots don't bitch about pay raises or workers' rights.

Which reminds me:
SCRIPTED:Lazy means kicking back on the couch watching some queasy reality show on TV or playing DOTA for six hours. Lazy means you are not productive and are a loser. When you try to be 'lazy' or to 'take a break', you are accused of the felony of defaming your family and unappreciating their efforts in bringing you up. In other words, laziness is bad.
UNSCRIPTED : Lazy means creating a system that does the work of ten men or so, which frees you and many others up. Lazy means creating something that enables you to do less work (or even no). Think burger flipping robots, forklifts, computer algorithms, or anything to do with machinery. Think search engines and smartphone apps.

Who said lazy had to be bad?

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
SCRIPTED: Day is for work. Night is for sleep.
UNSCRIPTED : Make your own time schedule! The market doesn't care whether you sleep like a log or are a night owl!

Word. I live in Northern Ontario, in the middle of the woods. Every now and then I like to spend hours and hours outside in the wilderness, and one time I started thinking about night and day, as I watched the sun go down, the sky fade to black, and the stars come out. This was sometime last summer. As day turned to night, the robins and sparrows stopped chirping, but the owls started hooting and the wolves started howling. I was out there thinking about how funny it is that everybody thinks that nighttime is necessarily "Off time" and I thought how cool it would be to never need to follow that schedule, to have night time be just as ON as the day if you like, and rest when you need it. Literally, the only thing that's happening is that the Earth has temporarily turned out of view of the sun. Screw the Scripted time clock.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Word. I live in Northern Ontario, in the middle of the woods. Every now and then I like to spend hours and hours outside in the wilderness, and one time I started thinking about night and day, as I watched the sun go down, the sky fade to black, and the stars come out. This was sometime last summer. As day turned to night, the robins and sparrows stopped chirping, but the owls started hooting and the wolves started howling. I was out there thinking about how funny it is that everybody thinks that nighttime is necessarily "Off time" and I thought how cool it would be to never need to follow that schedule, to have night time be just as ON as the day if you like, and rest when you need it. Literally, the only thing that's happening is that the Earth has temporarily turned out of view of the sun. Screw the Scripted time clock.
Turns out that the best Fastlane businesses operate even in the darkness of the night. How then we will have things like convenience stalls, overnight delivery services and maintainence crews?

However for health's sake, all of us should have a bit of sleep here and there!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

You do again.

I saw this early on, when I witnessed my mum getting screwed over by her work. They gave her £19,000 for 25 years of service and she had to fight for that, they wanted to give her £15,000. I was around 14/15 at the time, and I knew then that I could never do that, I knew that I would do something to break out of that bullshit mould.

Unfortunately I didn't have a "Lamborghini Moment", so slowly my dreams dissipated and were replaced with slowlane resentment. Then I got a bit of money from an accident and tried to turn that into a business. However unbeknown to me, I was simply creating a job around myself.

Then I read The Millionaire Fastlane ...

To be continued.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Just went through a series of college exams. Outside, I may look grave and stressed, like my peers, but inside I'm laughing. In the Fastlane, you are tested in EVERY and ANY way possibly....on how to maintain your health, getting sales, developing solutions, responding to feedback. On tests and exams....

SCRIPTED: You sit for tests in school at the end of semesters or topics. You sit for more tests as an adult to get higher salaries or qualifications. Tests are always around 100% max marks.
UNSCRIPTED : Every day is exam time. Serious. But the questions are gonna be different. UNSCRIPTED exams won't ask you for maths formulas, history facts and dusty quotes. It'll ask something like this:

'How do you provide value to more people?'
'If product X is very expensive, how do I make it cheaper so that more people can buy it from me?'
'How do I differentiate myself from the competition without competing?'

The answers are all different, and not set! How you find them will be also different! But the good thing is that if you score well, you can score beyond 100%! Wealth is created because their creators scored WAY more to get more than the 'set' 100% of normal SCRIPTED salaries.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
A friend of mine is getting married...

SCRIPTED: You have to spend thousands on a wedding, and 3 times your monthly salary on a ring. The honeymoon better impress her friends and family.

UNSCRIPTED : Nope. And if she insists on it, she's not the right girl.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
A friend of mine is getting married...

SCRIPTED: You have to spend thousands on a wedding, and 3 times your monthly salary on a ring. The honeymoon better impress her friends and family.

UNSCRIPTED : Nope. And if she insists on it, she's not the right girl.
This.
Unfortunately, most people don't validate their partners just like their business ideas.

haha...UNSCRIPTED BRAIN WAVE
SCRIPTED: Marry who you love. Go socialising and Tinder-ing to find the right person.
Marry someone rich.
UNSCRIPTED : Marry for love if you like, but marry those who genuinely want to fight at your side, provide value for you no matter what, and will be there for you in riches or poverty, in health and in sickness. Take years if you need to find the right person. It will be worth it. Only then you can have an UNSCRIPTED marriage....a marriage that enables you and your partner to do things most couples will never be ever to do.

I may not be in a marriage, but I'm not going to waste my time on dating for the 'right partner' You don't find fighters and keepers that way. You find fighters and keepers in battles, problems, conflicts, where they stand their ground.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
The SCRIPT keeps thinking in the box when sometimes the box isn't needed, or it hinders creativity.

Screw the box! Seriously, I spent too much of my life trying to fit in the box, and when I realized I didn't need a box, everything clicked. A box always belongs to someone else, and the reason you don't fit is because it's not your box.

mindfulimmortal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas
As a Board Member of a regional un-named College Computer Science Advisory Board we recently had an Annual "Tech Connect" event where we try to educate students on options they have after graduation (or before). This year we ran panel discussions with question and answers. One of the panels was successful students who attended the college. All of them are owners of businesses either local or national. A student in the audience asked the panel - "what value do you put on your college education and what would your recommend for us to be successful like you?"
- All but one of them said they got bored with college and dropped out before graduating
- All of them were running side businesses during their college attendance
- All of them said they really couldn't attest to college providing any real business value other than motivating them to take another direction

Needless to say it was an uncomfortable moment for many staff in the room! :)

Something else I learned from this is the college caters to the big companies because they sponsor events ($$$) like this and scholarships. The room was filled with "scripted" employers looking to hire "scripted" students.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
As a Board Member of a regional un-named College Computer Science Advisory Board we recently had an Annual "Tech Connect" event where we try to educate students on options they have after graduation (or before). This year we ran panel discussions with question and answers. One of the panels was successful students who attended the college. All of them are owners of businesses either local or national. A student in the audience asked the panel - "what value do you put on your college education and what would your recommend for us to be successful like you?"
- All but one of them said they got bored with college and dropped out before graduating
- All of them were running side businesses during their college attendance
- All of them said they really couldn't attest to college providing any real business value other than motivating them to take another direction

Needless to say it was an uncomfortable moment for many staff in the room! :)

Something else I learned from this is the college caters to the big companies because they sponsor events ($$$) like this and scholarships. The room was filled with "scripted" employers looking to hire "scripted" students.
Eh? I thought it would be better to hire veterans with 10 years or so, with experience on their records? Sure, getting new talent fresh from colleges is good, but the draining of corporate training procedures on budgets and eventual talent stagnation might even prove to be more expensive than paying higher salaries to already battle-ready professionals.

I don't know why corporate bodies still try to bank on manpower instead of automated processes run by a talented or dynamic few. Reminds me of @MidwestLandlord complaining that employees are the worst invention ever.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
SCRIPTED: Defiance is bad. Defiance is shameful disobedience to everything that is good. Don't be a defiant rebel. Stay in school, stay in that professional job earning eight grand a month, stay where the bucks go to. Stay, and be a good boy/girl and you will live happily.

UNSCRIPTED : Defiance CAN be good. Defiance is necessary to fight for what you want and what you believe in. If you believe in freedom, fight for it. If you believe in abundance, fight for it. If you believe in the possibilities of providing value without requiring a big network, coding knowledge, a Harvard degree or billion-dollar funding, fight for it.

Defiance literally makes you stare at the SCRIPTED lifestyle in disbelief, and say, 'This shit ain't for me!'
Defiance has you making sales even though you don't do business in a towering skyscraper.
Defiance has you climbing out of the trenches of mediocrity, with bullets of failure flying around, with your mouth opened,screaming, ' CHARGE', and you dash for the domination of new territory.
Defiance has the competition staying awake in fear of you instead of the Bogeyman, because you can beat them by doing what they can't, despite lack of resources.
Defiance has you looking at a paycheck at that 9-5 job and saying, 'Nah, I don't need it. My business just earned this in one day when I was playing tennis at my club. Goodbye, job.'
Defiance has you laughing at the toughest challenges because they are the sources of great strength.
Defiance makes legends, because only few dare to defy.

I wake up every day, and see death at my doorstep. Death in the form of business failures, funding errors and mental barriers. But I live on, because I want to be defiant. The key to success is defiance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.